NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Belltown Vintage

BAM!

Wow - I took credit for an idea that JAY actually came up with

This thread has it all: 'where is the provenance?', etc:

2003 Net 54 discussion about 1869 Red Stockings Clock Full 'o Balls
Old 08-31-2013, 01:30 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Ten Years After.......there I worked in a musical reference and it remains relevant to the mentioned thread! Dave.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Yes, we know he was once a famous hip hop artist, but his music is inconsequential to this thread. A man who was threatened, conned and stole from has come to Net54 to lay out his side of the story and I'd like it to stay away from music. For whatever reason Nash still has his fans on this board who want to look past his transgressions and some of these people are lending their services, opinions and knowledge to Nash....some anonymously and some don't mind having their name used as a source. I'd like them to see exactly who they are dealing with. Anyone wanting to talk hip hop is free to use the watercooler section.
Big +1
Old 08-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Banned

The thread was a bust so it needed moderator intervention.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:58 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Robert,
Isn't it time to let bygones be bygones? I mean, in a week it will be TWO years ago!! People change! Peter changed! He is a Crusader For All That Is Good And Ethical.

Now back off or else. I can still swing a bat and I could use the money, if you know what I mean.
Jim, the above Nash is a “Crusader for All” is meant to be tongue and cheek correct? Also for the record, if somebody threatened to break my legs, and ripped me off not sure why I would need to let it go two years later or ever for that matter. Not letting these little gems go doesn’t make Robert a bad man here how can anyone in there right mind turn that around on him? He’s a victim of this set of circumstances not the perpetrator. Again if you were joking please ignore.

If not and you're sincere in your statement then I have to wonder how you or anyone else can support someone who is so quick to point everyone else’s frauds yet won’t come clean on his own.

As said a million times all of which seem to fall on deaf ears both Peter’s and his fans.

When Peter comes clean, pays his bills or makes a real attempt to. Faces his legal issues head on vs. hiding and taking the fifth. Then and only then after that little baptism by fire will I consider defending Peter Nash’s new turned over leaf and self-appointed position of “hobby crusader”. Until then he’s just a another conman who is putting up smoke screens to draw attention away from his own current issues and abysmal past.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 08-31-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
When Peter comes clean, pays his bills or makes a real attempt to. Faces his legal issues head on vs. hiding and taking the fifth. Then and only then after that little baptism by fire will I consider defending Peter Nash’s new turned over leaf and self-appointed position of “hobby crusader”. Until then he’s just a another conman who is putting up smoke screens to draw attention away from his own current issues and abysmal past.
Having now spent a bit of time reading this and prior thread about Mr. Nash, it would seem coming clean, via forms mentioned above would be his redemption...........as mentioned in the Bible, knowledge of past deeds means you must try and fix them as humanely possible before moving on(so to speak). Otherwise, trust is lacking.

Dont know anything about these groups mentioned above. Out in Florida, didn't hear much about them........some of my faves:GTR and Expose(in love with them during the post disco days).
Old 08-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Jim, the above Nash is a “Crusader for All” is meant to be tongue and cheek correct? Also for the record, if somebody threatened to break my legs, and ripped me off not sure why I would need to let it go two years later or ever for that matter. Not letting these little gems go doesn’t make Robert a bad man here how can anyone in there right mind turn that around on him? He’s a victim of this set of circumstances not the perpetrator. Again if you were joking please ignore.

If not and you're sincere in your statement then I have to wonder how you or anyone else can support someone who is so quick to point everyone else’s frauds yet won’t come clean on his own.

As said a million times all of which seem to fall on deaf ears both Peter’s and his fans.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:15 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Default Hold on

Wait a minute. Hold up. If I spent the 90's listening to retro swing and ska from bands like Squirrel Nut Zippers and Dem Brooklyn Bums and Indigo Swing and Lee Press On And The Nails etc....

....does that make me a loser? No? Who's with me? Squirrel Nut Zippers? Anyone?

Maybe not.

Tom C
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 PM

Loved the Squirrel Nut Zippers and the ska revival - reel big fish, save ferris, etc...

To get back to the thread, I fully understand the "send a thief to catch a thief" which is a necessary evil for law enforcement agencies, but it seems Nash has gone beneath and beyond what is tolerable.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:36 PM

Does anyone remember the Rossington Collins Band, Sniff 'n tears, Great White? I just dont follow with these groups? Never herd of them. Must be an old man.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
The thread was a bust.
Sort of like your below "deflection" thread, Travis...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174807
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Travis thinks this thread is a bust because of the criticism directed towards Peter Nash.

Travis does the same thing when Todd Mueller is the subject of criticism.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Unreal Robert, I heard rough details but that's crazy. Hopefully when folks stop talking music they will take notice of what you have shared here. It's really quite the insight into Mr. Nash.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers,

John
John, I would like to share more insight about Peter Nash but in reality I would have to write a book to tell you everything. I guess a good name for the book would be "Peter Nash the Bernie Madoff of Baseball Memorabilia". I first met Peter Nash in the summer of 1995 at his “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY. I was visiting my best friend that owns a house in Cooperstown and this friend was dating Peter Nash's sister in law, Rochelle. My friend became close friends with Mr. Nash and so did I. I was friends with Peter Nash for 13 years and we were very close friends for about 10 of those years until Mr. Nash threaten to have my legs broken because I wouldn't sell the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy to him. It was like he turned into the devil! It was unbelievable! The sound of his voice was pure evil! From that day on our friendship was over! We were such good friends, I trusted him with the keys of my house and whenever he was in the area he would sleep over. When my wife, Lisa and I put the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy up for sale Nash interfered with the sale and he did this knowing that my wife had breast cancer. And to make matters worst I found out that Nash had a fraudulent sale agreement that he had signed saying he had purchased the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy. We also found out that Nash had stolen 6 items from us when my wife, Lisa and I purchased the 1912 WS Trophy. Those items stolen were 5 original 1912 world series photos and a 1912 World Series gold diamond stickpin. The Judge Order Nash to return the stolen items to us. The 5 photos have been returned to us by Nash's previous attorney but the 1912 gold diamond stickpin has not been returned. I guess criminal charges will have to be filed! I'm tired and going to bed I'll post more when I get a chance.

Last edited by Sunny; 09-02-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Wow, I don't know what to say Robert other than I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that. It must have been a nightmare. Shame that something that should be fun turned so vile.

I do really thank you for posting this I think its good for folks to hear about what kind of guy Peter has been or still is. For his fans I wonder why the silence from Peter? If somebody was on here telling folks I was trying to break folks legs and stealing stuff and it wasn't true I would be clearing the air ASAP. However just crickets from the Nash camp...why is that I wonder?

Cheers,

John
Old 09-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Bill Gregory

Good God. I guess I have lived a very sheltered life, that I've been lucky enough to never encounter somebody like this guy.

Robert, I hope you get your stickpin back, and right quick. As for Nash....well, I am a serious believer in karma. It sounds like he has a lot of it coming his way. And I hope it plays out in the public where we all can enjoy it.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Wow, I don't know what to say Robert other than I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that. It must have been a nightmare. Shame that something that should be fun turned so vile.

I do really thank you for posting this I think its good for folks to hear about what kind of guy Peter has been or still is. For his fans I wonder why the silence from Peter? If somebody was on here telling folks I was trying to break folks legs and stealing stuff and it wasn't true I would be clearing the air ASAP. However just crickets from the Nash camp...why is that I wonder?

Cheers,

John
Hi John,

In regards to the 1912 World Series gold diamond stickpin there’s a lot more to the story. Not only did Peter Nash steal the rare stickpin and five 1912 World Series photos from me, Nash used these items, amongst other memorabilia, including an 1868 Albumen Photo of the Brooklyn Atlantics that Peter Nash also stole from me as collateral to borrow approximately $52,000 from Al Angelo. Nash used this money to pay back the $52,000 his father took from Bishop Ford Catholic high School’s building fund. Peter Nash’s father took the money to stop Peter Nash‘s house from being foreclosed on in upstate NY. Peter Nash has not repaid Al Angelo’s money. See link below, article from NY daily news:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hi...ticle-1.165416

Although the five 1912 World Series photos have been returned to me by Al Angelo’s and Peter Nash’s former attorney Wolfgang Heimerl the rare 1912 gold diamond World Series stickpin and the rare 1868 Albumen Photo of the Brooklyn Atlantics have not been return. Al Angelo has been uncooperative in my collection efforts in returning the 2 remaining stolen items and Peter Nash has been silent. Peter Nash can write volumes about other people’s memorabilia on his Hauls of Shame website but he doesn’t do anything about returning stolen property that was stolen by him. Below is a photo of the rare 1912 World Series gold diamond stickpin that Peter Nash stole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2333.jpg (79.2 KB, 337 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Robert, it’s just gets weirder and weirder the more I hear about Peter. How deep is this guy’s hole and where does it stop. Meanwhile the board is a blaze with folks selling 70’s wrappers & gum but for the most part crickets on this. Not a shot at anyone but I just hope members are really digesting what you are sharing here.

I also hope that perhaps some of Peter’s big fans at least take a moment to scratch their collective heads on their champion.

As always thank you for sharing I know I’m not alone in the fact that you have taken time to share these stories with us all, as I’m sure it’s no fun reliving the nightmare that has and continues to be your relationship with Pete.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Sorry to rub it in but that pin is amazing ughh so sorry it's been taken from you.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Robert, it’s just gets weirder and weirder the more I hear about Peter. How deep is this guy’s hole and where does it stop. Meanwhile the board is a blaze with folks selling 70’s wrappers & gum but for the most part crickets on this. Not a shot at anyone but I just hope members are really digesting what you are sharing here.

I also hope that perhaps some of Peter’s big fans at least take a moment to scratch their collective heads on their champion.

As always thank you for sharing I know I’m not alone in the fact that you have taken time to share these stories with us all, as I’m sure it’s no fun reliving the nightmare that has and continues to be your relationship with Pete.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Sorry to rub it in but that pin is amazing ughh so sorry it's been taken from you.
Hi John,

The 1912 World Series stickpin that Peter Nash stole from me is rare and very valuable. These stickpins were given to the players that won the World Series from as early as 1909 to as late as 1919. Hall of Famer Edd Roush has his 1919 World Series gold diamond stickpin on display at the Cincinnati Reds Museum. Many of the players converted the head of the stickpin into a ring or brooch. Here is what Edd Roush’s wife had to say about her husband’s World Series stickpin.

“Essie remembered the 1919 diamond stickpin they had given the players. Some of the wives had converted the head of the stickpin to a ring, or a bangle on their charm bracelet. Essie thought it would be ostentatious to wear it, so it lay all alone in the safety deposit box at the bank. It was hidden away, like the memory of that "Black Sox" World Series, a symbol of embarrassment.” Below is a photo of Edd Roush’s 1919 World Series diamond stickpin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept. 9, 2013 039.jpg (84.2 KB, 300 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Belltown Vintage

Thieves are thieves - there is no convincing them that honesty is the correct way to live their lives. Same thing for people who make excuses for them.

The really positive thing about threads like this is that we find out more about people through their comments about the thieves, and we learn who to avoid like the plague. They simply can't hide their spots from us, because they have no idea that their behavior is not correct.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Eric Shaeffer

Well said Scott. I feel terrible for participating in the rap discussion in this thread, this is some serious heavy stuff here not to be taken lightly. Thank you for telling us the story Robert, and I hope someday you get your pin and albumen photo back, or at least get to see Nash brought to justice.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Travis thinks this thread is a bust because of the criticism directed towards Peter Nash.

Travis does the same thing when Todd Mueller is the subject of criticism.

Non i dont , when you start a todd mueller thread, which i have never seen you do, i dont care and its fine, why dont you go ahead, would that one be a bust too, yes.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:

Cheers,

John

Are you on record saying the same type of thing about mike guttierez and the hof? Just curious if you are consistent.

Last edited by travrosty; 09-06-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Belltown Vintage

Another absurd deflection.

I wonder if you would accept the same sort of response out of your child if he/she got caught stealing?

Apparently for Travis, if one person does something criminal, that gives everyone else the right. Thanks, Travis, for inventing 'social misbehavior inflation.'
Old 09-06-2013, 12:27 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

This new post just shows you how desperate and sad Pete is. Now even Barry and I have made the Hauls of Shame or as I like to call it smoke screen central. I also love that my pic of Barry as James Bond is what Nash is using to out the evil person that Barry is.

This week its beat up on dead Bruce. Bring up Rob Lifson once again yawn. Slam Robert Fraiser the guy I stole from.

Pete I want to help you here on this because I too worry about all of your past actions catching up with you. I agree this whole posing as a hobby crusader behind a website in cyberspace is your best option.

I mean who would want to come clean pay their bills, return stolen items, point out fraudulent items one had firsthand knowledge of and be a man. Then one could start in on other fraudsters as a retired come clean hobby knight who has made good on his mistakes. Yeah that’s for the birds brother I’m with you website and smoke screens way better.

My only concern is I’m going to continue to ask questions about why folks listen to you so are others. So when you get to folks like me who don’t have any criminal records or shady dirt in their past to draw attention away from their questions directed towards you what will you do?

So I thought at least for me I’d give you some ammo to help you out.

Issues that I don’t have so these are out sorry.

• No convictions or run in with the law, ok that speeding ticket in 1998 55 in a 45 what the heck was I thinking!
• Can cross state lines no outstanding arrest warrants.
• No garnish of wages from me or my corporations due to lost civil cases and damages.
• No history or rumors of me selling or trading in stolen or fake merchandise.
• No family history of my dad stealing for me so he could pay my bills.
• No drug dealing convictions from my youth.
• No issues or items from the NYPL in my hands or thru my hands.

Issues I do or did have.

• Told a few off color jokes in my day.
• About 20lbs over weight working on it but hey open game for now.
• One time I left my grocery store and realized I had placed a head of cabbage in my bag without scanning it at self-check out with the other $148.34 worth of food. Haunts me to this day.
• I have looked at internet porn, I enjoyed some of it. (If you need a list of the stuff I liked vs. that I didn’t I can provide a list if needed.)
• I have used the term midget before.

So based off of this the next post on your website should be something like this.

“Not surprisingly, he has been embraced by fellow ex-felons like ex-drug dealer Leon Luckey and other Rob Lifson fan-boys like John McDaniel III a cabbage stealing internet porn addicted over weight midget hating off color joke telling collector and Brooklyn dealer Barry Sloate.

Pete I hope this helps you out and keep up the good fight.

Cheers,

John
Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Non i dont , when you start a todd mueller thread, which i have never seen you do, i dont care and its fine, why dont you go ahead, would that one be a bust too, yes.
How is this thread a bust? Dude, you are quickly moving from sycophant to martyr to pariah. Once Nash finally gets what is coming to him in terms of civil penalties and possible jail time, you will look even more foolish. I suggest giving up the kool-aid for awhile.

D@vid D@vis
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

John--cabbage stealing coupled with Internet porn. Did that all lead to this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (41.5 KB, 314 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Are you on record saying the same type of thing about mike guttierez and the hof? Just curious if you are consistent.
We know YOU are not consistent....you haven't said a single negative word about Peter Nash...instead you share info with him and proudly post links to his website. Just another case of your appalling hypocrisy.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:44 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
So based off of this the next post on your website should be something like this.

“Not surprisingly, he has been embraced by fellow ex-felons like ex-drug dealer Leon Luckey and other Rob Lifson fan-boys like John McDaniel III a cabbage stealing internet porn addicted over weight midget hating off color joke telling collector and Brooklyn dealer Barry Sloate.John
John,

Great setup! I literally did LOL on this one.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:17 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
John--cabbage stealing coupled with Internet porn. Did that all lead to this?
Jay I'm outraged by this post you know damn good and well it lead to exactly that! Can't a guy have sex with a head of cabbage without being singled out these days?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:32 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I would ordinarily condone it, but when the result of this act is cole slaw served at the family picnic, I must draw the line.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
I would ordinarily condone it, but when the result of this act is cole slaw served at the family picnic, I must draw the line.
Not the post you want to read right before you head out for Friday night dinner!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Default "Call Any Vegetable" Zappa

This
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabbagefest.jpg (42.9 KB, 283 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Not the post you want to read right before you head out for Friday night dinner!

Seriously. Visions of the picnic basket from National Lampoon's Vacation. Only much....much more nasty.

Shoes
Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
You might be right, Travis, but my below thread certainly wasn't a bust:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175073
Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ease View Post
Well said Scott. I feel terrible for participating in the rap discussion in this thread, this is some serious heavy stuff here not to be taken lightly. Thank you for telling us the story Robert, and I hope someday you get your pin and albumen photo back, or at least get to see Nash brought to justice.
Not only did Peter Nash steal things from me, when Nash borrowed $11,000 from me so he can pay his rent, he gave me collateral that was stolen. Let me explain. In 2007 Peter Nash was renting a house in Saratoga Springs, NY. He had such bad credit that the landlord would not rent to him the house unless he paid 6 months of rent up front. When the next 6 months rent came due he did not have it. Peter Nash was in a desperate panic! Nash begged my wife and I to lend him the money and we told him no, because he already owed us $8,000 from a previous loan. Peter Nash then told us he would give us all the baseball memorabilia that he had as collateral. I told Nash I thought Robert Edward Auctions had all of your memorabilia and he told me no. Early the next morning Nash was parked in front of my house at about 6:00 AM wanting to show us the collateral. Nash assured us that the collateral was worth much more than $11,000. We loaned Nash the money so he and his wife wouldn't be evicted from there home. After the loans were over due I tried to sell the collateral. I found out that the "Boston Base Ball Club 1871 -1897" book was stolen from Tim Murnane's grandson, the book also had Tim Murnane's signature in it. (Tim Murnane was a sports writer and a 19th century baseball player, he's in the Hall of Fame as a sports writer). See link below about Tim Murnane:

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2013/05/0...t-of-the-game/

After selling one of the collateral items a large 1908 Old Timers game framed photo. Nash had his attorney send me a letter telling me that I can't sell any of the collateral. You have to wonder why Peter Nash was so worried about me selling the collateral? After all, he owed me the money! Was it because the collateral was stolen like the Tim Murnane book? When Nash got caught stealing the book Tim Murnane's grandson wrote me a notarized letter wanting it back. The judge ordered the book returned to Tim Murnane's grandson. Peter Nash, why did you give me the book as collateral, if you didn't own it? That's called fraud Peter Nash, you are a liar and a fraudster! What about the time you paid someone to turn back the mileage of your car? What about the time you stole the Fred Tenney items and consigned it to Robert Edward Auctions and you got caught! Lets face it Peter Nash when you got caught stealing the Fred Tenney items your whole life was over with in the sports collectables business. You just didn't want to face the facts. When word got out that you consigned stolen items no one wanted to authenicate your stuff anymore. The question then became, were your items stolen, fake and where did it come from? Then you pleaded the fifth dozens of times in your deposition! Game over Mr. Nash! For years you have been on this crazy attack, blamming other for your mistakes to cause a smoke screen to cover up your sins. You need to face the facts you are the one to blame for your miserable life! Your wife, Roxanne would have been better off leaving you, Roxanne's best friend Angela Thomas told my wife that Roxanne should have left you for the doctor, Roxanne would have had a much better life than living in her sisters house. You need to see a psychiatrist and get a job! Your life as a writer has made you broke! Writing a book about Barry Halper and some authenticators and auction houses is not going to make you a dime because your a liar, con-man and fraudster! You pleaded the fifth dozens of times to cover up your crimes! So be happy that you didn't end up in jail where you belong! Are you still living in your brother in law's basement or did he kick you out? I tried to upload the Cooperstown Police report when Peter Nash stole the Fred Tenney items but it wouldn't upload the file beacuse it was to big. I need to find out how to do this? I'll have to upload it another day.

Last edited by Sunny; 09-07-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Pots and Kettles, IMO.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Rich Klein

Default I must have missed it

Because usually I get the emails with Breaking News Hauls of Shame but I never yesterday's post with Pete's new accusations. Thanks to the board for alerting me to that. Barry, you looked so debonair

Rich
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM
D@.ve B@.ez

You were doing great until the personal attacks and wife comments...IMO
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baez578 View Post
You were doing great until the personal attacks and wife comments...IMO
Yes! +1
Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:

+1

There is not a small amount of irony in a person accused and found liable in court for $100,000s of fraud in this hobby started a website to start slinging accusations at others before cleaning up his own side of the street. Personally, I would not believe a word he says on that website.
JimB
Old 09-07-2013, 04:24 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Yes! +1
If you guys are referring to Robert above, then I would say that keep in mind he has known them both for many years. There's a lot of personal history between them all.He has also been accused of drowning cats, threatened to have his legs broken accused of fraud etc. when in fact he is the victim of Pete.

I don't begrudge him one bit anything he has posted above if anything since Pete is hiding behind a website this is one of the only ways he as a victim of Pete has to get stuff off his chest to Peter. We just happen to have a front row seat.

This isn't about Robert taking the high road or doing what we feel is right he's simply sharing insight into Peter and his experiences with the man for many years. Experiences that should be reviewed and taken very seriously by many who blindly listen and quote this guy as a hobby insider and positive person.

A great example of this one of the comments on his website yesterday was from a collector who said.

"I am sorry to hear that Sloate may also be corrupt. I thought he was a decent guy with good ethics but I imagine that greed got the best of him."
Comment by STEVE CUMMINGS — September 6, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Peter with no real evidence or proof has just added a taint to a very solid person in the hobby, why simply because Barry came in here and supported Robert or felt bad for him. So because of that Peter has added Barry and I to his webapge and begun to weave crazy stories.

Classy guy. Even if everything Peter said was 100% true, he is the last person who should be posting it for the simple fact who can trust this guy? If you look up the boy who cried wolf it should be a picture of this guy. If he really does have good info of which I doubt 99% of his stories having that info in his hands is wasted.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 09-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Thanks for all the clarification John! It's a hard story to follow. Anywho, time for a baseball card:
I must be in the front row!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uecker67topps.jpg (23.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
D@.ve B@.ez

I'm glad he's posted all of this and I feel bad for what he is going through.

I was just referring to the wife sleeping with someone else commentary.

But then again, if I went through what he went through, I might vent the same way.

I hope you can claim as much back as you can... This must be tough
Old 09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Jay I'm outraged by this post you know damn good and well it lead to exactly that! Can't a guy have sex with a head of cabbage without being singled out these days?
Did you steam it first?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
David Pierson
Banned

I prefer sauerkraut to put my kielbasa in!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
...A great example of this one of the comments on his website yesterday was from a collector who said.

"I am sorry to hear that Sloate may also be corrupt. I thought he was a decent guy with good ethics but I imagine that greed got the best of him."
Comment by STEVE CUMMINGS — September 6, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Peter with no real evidence or proof has just added a taint to a very solid person in the hobby, why simply because Barry came in here and supported Robert or felt bad for him. So because of that Peter has added Barry and I to his webapge and begun to weave crazy stories.

Classy guy. Even if everything Peter said was 100% true, he is the last person who should be posting it for the simple fact who can trust this guy? If you look up the boy who cried wolf it should be a picture of this guy. If he really does have good info of which I doubt 99% of his stories having that info in his hands is wasted.

Cheers,

John
The following quote from Scott Forrest also is germane:

Thieves are thieves - there is no convincing them that honesty is the correct way to live their lives. Same thing for people who make excuses for them.

"The really positive thing about threads like this is that we find out more about people through their comments about the thieves, and we learn who to avoid like the plague. They simply can't hide their spots from us, because they have no idea that their behavior is not correct."

I do not know who Steve Cummings is, but based on his comment about Barry Sloate based on the hypocritical pronouncements of Peter Nash, IMO Mr. Cummings has revealed a great deal about himself.

Last edited by benjulmag; 09-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
The following quote from Scott Forrest also is germane:

"The really positive thing about threads like this is that we find out more about people through their comments about the thieves, and we learn who to avoid like the plague. They simply can't hide their spots from us, because they have no idea that their behavior is not correct."

I do not know who Steve Cummings is, but based on his comment about Barry Sloate based on the hypocritical pronouncements of Peter Nash, IMO Mr. Cummings has revealed a great deal about himself.
He's apparently a clinical psychologist.

http://www.stephenjcummings.com/contact.htm

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 09-07-2013 at 09:08 PM.