NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2015, 01:50 PM

Default First Post...Estate Sale Haul Today

New Here, hope this is in the right subforum...

Posted the same thing on Blowout, but I do need a little help identifying a couple of the oddball pennant/stickers...any help is appreciated, and I look forward to learning my way around here!

(sorry about the upside down photos...I rotated them all correclty, but Photobucket links didn't update apparently...tried to fix, but no luck)

This was a shaky hand Estate Sale. 4+ Hours later, I'm still shaky from adrenaline from finding the Estate Sale we all dream about after 30 or so years of looking (minus a 10 year hiatus I guess).

Let me set the scene...I tried to go to a different Estate sale at 9 am open today that listed "cards from the 60's"...well, either they wrote their address wrong, or I did, because the place doesn't exist. So....I hit stop #2 a little earlier than I thought I would...it was about 20 minutes away from where I had tried to go already, so I got there about 15 minutes after it opened at 9:00 and the place was PACKED, but nobody was looking at baseball cards!!!

This Estate Sale had promise to me because of two things. 1) There was no details on the cards listed...not even years, just "Baseball Cards", and 2) There was lots of unopened early 90s stuff pictured AND a ton of military items (some of you know where I am going with this already I'm sure)...so I was hopeful...but what I found was NOT what I expected at all...

So, I walk in & First cards I see are a stack of cases & screw downs in Ziplocks. Cards ranging from '33-'66, and mostly priced at full book or more with a few excptions. '66 Mantle @ $125 that looked like a solid 6-7 candidate was most tempting high $ card. But I did grab a couple low $ cards from this stack.

Nothing crazy, but some nice mid grade vintage stuff at a fair price, which is all I ever really hope to find from these things...

Stack #2.

Heart Rate jumps...mixed in with a bunch of 91 Upper Deck Frank Thomas' are these beauties...

OK, so there ARE Desert Shield cards here...just like I hoped to find...now...how many will I find?!

There was a little jewelry box filled with Topps Stamps & such for $12. I told him to start me a pile and reserved those, not really knowing what all would be in there...no idea there'd be a Mantle/Aaron/Spahn, etc...any info on the mini Reds Pennant & NASA/Senators stickers/iron ons is appreciated

continued......