NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Gary B.

Default Best Auction Houses for Early 20th Century Memorabilia?

I came across a collection of some high end baseball memorabilia (1900 - 1940 or so) and want to consign it to an auction house. What are the very best auction houses who not only specialize or significantly feature pre-war memorabilia, but also tend to get the biggest audience / highest realized prices for items? I'd love to get as many answers as possible to form some kind of consensus opinions. Thanks!

Last edited by soulgoobe; 11-14-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Gary B.

opinions anyone? i'm surprised i hadn't gotten any responses yet.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Jim Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulgoobe View Post
opinions anyone? I'm surprised i hadn't gotten any responses yet.
rea
Old 11-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
You haven't gotten opinions because what is someone going to say? You asked basically, what is the best car made? The answer is there are lots of them. If you want to know who advertises in the right place to sell memorabilia you need to look no further than our banner ads . All of our advertisers who sell memorabilia would do a good job. PM me if you want more specifics. ......
Old 11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Gary B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You haven't gotten opinions because what is someone going to say? You asked basically, what is the best car made? The answer is there are lots of them. If you want to know who advertises in the right place to sell memorabilia you need to look no further than our banner ads . All of our advertisers who sell memorabilia would do a good job. PM me if you want more specifics. ......
I thought it was a pretty easy question. I don't mind if someone lists several, just wanted to get some consensus opinions. I'll PM you - thanks!
Old 11-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Tom Boblitt

REA
Heritage
Love of the Game
Old 11-15-2017, 03:36 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Agree with REA, Heritage and LOTG.

I would add Hunt Live Auctions to the mix as well. But not their Internet/Phone Monthly auctions, in which they provide very limited pictures. They also don't include most lots in the printed Internet/Phone catalogs now. But their Live Auction is still an excellent avenue for early Baseball memorabilia.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
There really isn't a good answer to your question, as Leon points out. Now if you rephrase the question as: "What's your favorite auction house and why?" you'll probably get more action. Or you could do your homework and Google the types of items you have to auction and see which one seems to get the best results for what you've got. I've had great items flop in REA and marginal stuff kill in a small auction, you never know, a lot of it seems pretty hit or miss, timing, other things you can't control. I'd go with the prominent AH that gives you the best deal: lowest consignment fee, advance check if you need it, whatever other special requests you might have that they can satisfy.