NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: runscott

Well, it being such a miracle that we made the play-offs, I felt obligated to post a competing thread to the Yankees and Dodgers.

And I just bought a single ticket to see Clemens kick butt tomorrow afternoon. That's the weird thing about Braves fans - they just don't care enough to do the play-offs justice. I look at it this way - it's a PLAY-OFF game - who cares whose in it? These games should be sold out!

Old 10-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Jay Miller

Scott---As a die hard Clemens fan I hope you root well. Also as a die hard Clemens fan if you can find an extra stub/ticket from the game I would be happy to purchase it from you.

GO ROCKET!

Old 10-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: John/z28jd

As someone who was rooting for the Cubs or Giants to get the wild card i have a hard time rooting for the Astros but i will say this,if history repeats itself they have a great chance of winning it all

Im predicting a Red Sox/Astros world series with Clemens winning the final game and the Bosox done in by another B.

Babe
Bucky
Buckner
Boone and now
Bagwell/Biggio/Beltran and Berkman,a whole swarm of them at once,4 solo shots in a 4-3 win

Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

I paid an extra $2.50 to print off my own ticket - so I just get a sheet of paper

Old 10-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Pcelli60

Its about time Houston won a pennant! Tough call this year with the Cards so strong..The only series I DONT want to is Braves vs. Yanks.

Old 10-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: johnny

It won't be the Yankees because the Twins will be Playing the Red Sox- my two favorite teams so I cant lose either way !!

Old 10-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Jay Miller

Scott--Way to root them Astros home. Rocket was amazing considering he was off his game, obviously still suffering the after effects of the flu.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

The only problem was the cretins from South Georgia who surrounded me. Berkman dropped a line drive early in the game that cost us a run, so these products of brother-sister matings were yelling "Berkman sucks" (we were sitting near Berkman) and they all thought that was a really witty line...toothless grins abounded.

It was nice to see Berkman later pop one into the stands. Fan support was terrible, which is great for non-Braves fans who just appreciate the opportunity to see playoff baseball. Wish I could go today!

Old 10-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

How many empty seats today? 5,000 10,000 perhaps..?

Old 10-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

What's wrong with the people of S. Georgia?

Old 10-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

I watched today's game on t.v., but just bought a ticket online for Game #5 (if it goes that far)...two sections to the left of home plate, row 5...it's ridiculous that seats like that are still available.

I will definitely be at the World Series if the Braves get there.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Jay MIller

This series is sickening. The Astros are remembering who they are and the Braves have their best player ready to be led away in handcuffs. What a great advertisement for the game, this and a half empty stadium.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Eric

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: warshawlaw

this is a very rare run they are enjoying (or not enjoying as the case may be). Take it from a resident of a town where the team has been in the WS only 2x in the last 25 years and hadn't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade before this year's seeming 3 and out appearance. To get to the postseason 13 straight times; hell, the Yankees have only made it 7 in a row. Braves fans should be loving life, not acting like they were at a third place team's final series of the year. The ownership must be pissed about the attendance, and with good reason. Between them and the Devil Rays and Marlins, maybe the whole southeast thing is a bad experiment that should be abandoned. I can think of some rabid fans in other towns who might appreciate a ML team more than these towns...

Old 10-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: John/z28jd

I think the problem is that this is one of their worst teams theyve put out in those 13 years and people dont want another postseason dissapointment.They might make the playoffs every year but they have 1 world series win the show for it,and that was 9 seasons ago.This team lost big names over the last offseason and i dont think the fans were too happy about that either

They did have over 41,000 fans at the first game which is more than a few stadiums hold,and then after getting blown out,over 40,000 showed up for the next.In a stadium that has 50,000 seats,the other 10,000 fans who showed up dressed as seats are really going to stand out

Old 10-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: mark

if it wasnt for clemens would the astro have ever sold out? he is definitely the reason they are in the playoffs. what was that string of wins he had 7 or 8? i saw roger pitch at fenway as a redsock and the fans loved him, they are my #2 team only to the angels, which by the way are getting spanked by the sox right now, the angels are done...

Old 10-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Astros won the last 36 of 46, undefeated at home. A tough call for the Braves
dispite a fine year..

Old 10-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Scott Forrest

but I win either way - if the Astros lose the series, I get to go to the NLCS and possibly the World Series. But I am hoping to stay home with the Twins fans.

Old 10-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

I would never have thought the play-offs this year could be as exciting as last year, but it looks like it might happen. As an "anti-Yankee", I hated to see the Twins lose, but give me an ALCS of "Yankees vs Red Sox" any day. Anything can happen in a 7-game series.

And I'm certain now that Clemens and the Astros WILL win today - they have to, because I have a ticket to the game tomorrow, and I'm doomed never to see the final game of a play-off series! Go Astros!

Old 10-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Scott,
If the Astros keep throwing fastballs to Andruw Jones you may get to attend the game tomorrow. Of course the Braves #3 and #4 hitters need to hit the ball out of the infield for that to happen. The Braves should move JD Drew and Chipper Jones down in the lineup, and let Estrada and Laroche have more AB's. Ok enough dreaming, here's hoping you make it to game 5, because there's nothing like the last game of a series. Be well Brian

PS Scott you should be on the golf course...... I'm gonig to play nine this afternoon.

Old 10-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Hi Scott,
You got your wish......, but If the Braves win tomorrow, you may not be so happy. Enjoy the game. Brian

Old 10-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Hey houston fans. Is there a 'Curse' or something we need to know about? Good shot tomorrow, sleep well....

Old 10-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Posted By: JC

Nice call to take Biggio out of the game for NO advantage? It's like taking Jeter out in the 8th inning for a match up that look good on paper? With those kind of decisions Bobby Cox will out manage Phil in tomorrow's game in ATLANTA.

Who has the MOJO now? Go Braves!

(Yes I live in Atlanta)

Old 10-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Hi JC,
As a fellow Braves fan, I would enjoy seeing the team make it into the League Championship Game, but I doubt it will be because of Cox's managing skills. Bobby is a great judge of talent, and deserves are great deal of credit for the strength of the Atlanta farm system, but a bench coach he ain't. If Garner continues to be "out coached by Bobby" he should hang it up because Torre would destroy him. Be well Brian

Old 10-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

I'll be watching the deciding game of the series from the 5th row - can't really ask for more than that.

And if we lose, I'll be back for the NLCS to watch the Braves - I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets available.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Hi Scott,
It didn't used to be that way. I attended many World Series games in the early and mid 90's and the house was packed and extremely loud. Too bad the Braves squandered all of there support by consistently choking in the clutch. There 2-5 hitters always disappear in the Series, and there closers always give up Homeruns on Sliders(Bedrosian, Reardon, Wholers, ETC.) Going to a Braves game isn't what it used to be............ have fun Brian

Old 10-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

I dug this photo up yesterday - we bought tickets well in advance and just lucked into this situation. The Reds were waiting around during a rain delay when the scoreboard flashed that the Dodgers had lost, meaning Cincinnati had clinched the division. The players took turns sliding across the tarp. My cheap nosebleed seats worked out well for the photo op:

Old 10-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Default Go Astros!

Easily the best baseball experience I have had, and that includes seeing Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter.