NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-21-2023, 04:16 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
That's a nice one Greg. The Orioles have a lot of nice pennants from between 1968 - 1972.

Here's a few new arrivals for me this week. The colours on the 48 WS pennant stood out to me even though the tip is blunted.
Very nice! All three are cool designs.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:21 PM

These are the 1969 Mets playoff/WS ASCO pennants, all cloth. It appears that they stole the Shea graphic from Trench.

Last edited by thetahat; 04-21-2023 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:17 PM

Default Philadelphia Blue Jays Pennant

I picked up these three pennants. Two are full sized the Philadelphia Blue Jays Pennant is 4 by 1 5/8 inches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3000.jpg (193.8 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3001.jpg (201.2 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3002.JPG (127.6 KB, 227 views)
Old 04-22-2023, 10:37 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for displaying a pennant that doesn't fit the size of off the shelf cases? I don't want to have it sewn into a backing either as its quite old and think it would destroy any value it has. Or who sells cases you could hang on a wall that fit a wide variety of sizes to see if I could find one that works?
Old 04-23-2023, 01:16 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeters View Post
I picked up these three pennants. Two are full sized the Philadelphia Blue Jays Pennant is 4 by 1 5/8 inches.
Great pickups… all toughies!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 04-23-2023, 08:34 AM
Rick

[QUOTE=perezfan;2332179]Thanks Rob! And right back at you, for all your contributions and creating this thread! For anyone who wants to see it, here's a link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcdngWNoG6A&t=65s

Mark, I kind of thought you might be a little conservative on the value of your scarce Jackie Robinson pennants. Check this one out that just ended at Lelands:
https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=113499
The pennant is red and doesn't have the same eye appeal to me as your blue one. I can't imagine what your 1 of 1 pennant picturing Jackie would sell for.

Rick
Old 04-23-2023, 01:47 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

[QUOTE=rlevy;2334036]
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Thanks Rob! And right back at you, for all your contributions and creating this thread! For anyone who wants to see it, here's a link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcdngWNoG6A&t=65s

Mark, I kind of thought you might be a little conservative on the value of your scarce Jackie Robinson pennants. Check this one out that just ended at Lelands:
https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=113499
The pennant is red and doesn't have the same eye appeal to me as your blue one. I can't imagine what your 1 of 1 pennant picturing Jackie would sell for.

Rick
Yeah, you’re right. I underestimated. Still stuck on 1990s pricing. I’m afraid that makes me a Hobby Dinosaur. Much more a “dinosaur” than a “whale” these days, haha. Thanks for watching.

In the “Jackie Robinson Mementos” video, I didn’t even attempt estimating prices. That stuff just don’t turn up often enough to hazard a guess. After Leland’s, I’m almost ready to give up guessing. Not just in regard to the Jackie pennant… everything I was watching went haywire!

Old 04-23-2023, 02:52 PM
Mikeknapp

Because of this thread and ooo-ribay (thanks again Rob) I was finally able to land this pennant in 2021 after many years of searching. I thought I’d provide a bit of an update. I left it with my friends at the Clemente Museum as Blass is a big supporter of the museum. Last week he was there and signed it for me. I am told he was stunned and lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw it. He reported he hadn’t seen one in 50 years. I wish I had been there because I’m told he told a cool story about Steve Blass day in his small home town. He is a master storyteller. I wish they had taken a photo of him holding it. I suppose that would have been greedy of me. Blass and Manny Sanguillen also signed my Game 7 ticket stub for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7C69F62D-6131-4F5C-ABFE-C8A9030E9D5D.jpg (67.2 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpeg 0E1DBE0F-1478-4F86-B8AE-29DC1A253C2C.jpeg (40.6 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpeg 8285CBD2-7A66-4636-9ECE-644DC12B63D4.jpeg (34.4 KB, 206 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)

Last edited by 71buc; 04-23-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:34 PM
Rick

[QUOTE=perezfan;2334108]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post

Yeah, you’re right. I underestimated. Still stuck on 1990s pricing. I’m afraid that makes me a Hobby Dinosaur. Much more a “dinosaur” than a “whale” these days, haha. Thanks for watching.

In the “Jackie Robinson Mementos” video, I didn’t even attempt estimating prices. That stuff just don’t turn up often enough to hazard a guess. After Leland’s, I’m almost ready to give up guessing. Not just in regard to the Jackie pennant… everything I was watching went haywire!
All of Jackie's stuff has really escalated in price in the past couple of years. While I have the 2 more common pennants featuring Jackie's portrait (plus the Barnstorming one from 1953-4) I had been hoping to add at least one of the other 2, but that ship has clearly sailed.

And I just watched your Jackie memorabilia video, great stuff. As Kyle will attest, I have been looking for a Jackie wallet for quite a while, and they never show up. In any condition.

Rick
Old 04-23-2023, 06:16 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Because of this thread and ooo-ribay (thanks again Rob) I was finally able to land this pennant in 2021 after many years of searching. I thought I’d provide a bit of an update. I left it with my friends at the Clemente Museum as Blass is a big supporter of the museum. Last week he was there and signed it for me. I am told he was stunned and lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw it. He reported he hadn’t seen one in 50 years. I wish I had been there because I’m told he told a cool story about Steve Blass day in his small home town. He is a master storyteller. I wish they had taken a photo of him holding it. I suppose that would have been greedy of me. Blass and Manny Sanguillen also signed my Game 7 ticket stub for me.
Great story. I’m happy I played a small part in your acquisition.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:41 AM
Gary

There were some great pennants at the REA auction that closed last night. Prices were outside my budget but still seemed softer than I was expecting.

Hopefully some of them ended up with Net54 members.

Gary G01db3rg
Old 04-24-2023, 08:42 AM
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACollector View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for displaying a pennant that doesn't fit the size of off the shelf cases? I don't want to have it sewn into a backing either as its quite old and think it would destroy any value it has. Or who sells cases you could hang on a wall that fit a wide variety of sizes to see if I could find one that works?
Maybe others (like Mark) can comment on framing options/choices, but I have avoided the need for stitching by using faux suede backing. The texture more or less holds the pennant in place. Yes, the pennant is touching the glass (I actually use non-glare/UV filtered acrylic), but I'm not exactly protecting the Mona Lisa and am not worried about it. For oversized pennants that I'm not framing, I sometimes use larger rectangular top loaders. Depending on the look you are going for, you could put those up on the wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Giants grommet framed.jpg (107.4 KB, 191 views)
Old 04-24-2023, 09:00 AM
Rob

Quote:
There were some great pennants at the REA auction that closed last night. Prices were outside my budget but still seemed softer than I was expecting.

Gary G01db3rg
With the conspicuous silence regarding this auction, I figured many would be dialed in on it. But the sale prices didn't wow me the way other recent (and more common) pennants have. Some of them were downright reasonable. For "new discoveries" with fantastic artwork, they went low in my opinion. So low that I could barely control my bidding finger.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACollector View Post
Get an extra large poster toploader (40”) which sells for about $20, cut it to custom fit, using the already sealed side for the bottom edge. Seal top edge with clear wrapping tape. One such toploader makes two extra large pennant holders and takes up no additional display area on the wall. These in the picture are all oversized (32” or more) with one regular size pennant thrown in for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD8FAE87-9C5A-41EF-B03F-934623D5FC33.jpg (212.3 KB, 189 views)
Old 04-24-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Gary G01db3rg
These were surely nice and sold for reasonable prices. Still too rich for my blood. The jewel in the group IMO was the Yankees, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen an oversized NYY pennant from the teens. (Mark?) I thought the most attractive was the Senators, no cracking and in a nice green nonetheless. Someone took a bath on the White Sox pennant which sold for $3900 on eBay a few months ago. It didn’t help him that his pennant was auctioned with that group. Likely hurt a lot.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:50 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
Maybe others (like Mark) can comment on framing options/choices, but I have avoided the need for stitching by using faux suede backing. The texture more or less holds the pennant in place. Yes, the pennant is touching the glass (I actually use non-glare/UV filtered acrylic), but I'm not exactly protecting the Mona Lisa and am not worried about it. For oversized pennants that I'm not framing, I sometimes use larger rectangular top loaders. Depending on the look you are going for, you could put those up on the wall.
That is a stellar framing job, Marc!

Looks like you found a beautiful textured mat whose color matches the “Giants” writing to a tee. Really compliments the green felt as well. Beautiful!

Last edited by perezfan; 04-24-2023 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:07 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
These were surely nice and sold for reasonable prices. Still too rich for my blood. The jewel in the group IMO was the Yankees, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen an oversized NYY pennant from the teens. (Mark?) I thought the most attractive was the Senators, no cracking and in a nice green nonetheless. Someone took a bath on the White Sox pennant which sold for $3900 on eBay a few months ago. It didn’t help him that his pennant was auctioned with that group. Likely hurt a lot.
Yes, You nailed it Greg. The Phillies pennant sold for the most, but the Yankees pennant was the true gem in my opinion as well. First oversized Yankees I’ve ever seen, and that’s a lot of years worth of looking. A friend of mine was pursuing it, I know. Not sure yet whether he won it (hope so), but am almost positive he was at least in the top two.

I thought the prices were decent but not as “blockbuster” as they could’ve been. I had guessed early on that these would land in the $4 - $5K range. The Yankees and Phillies finished high in that range but the other three fell short.

I was underbidder on the Giants, and would’ve hit it a few more times if I had any available wall space. I thought it was the best one of the group artistically, but my eye kept going back to the White Sox vertical pennant (which climbed just high enough that I dropped out).

I guess I was most surprised about the Red Sox not going higher. Usually early Red Sox pennants go crazy at auction. It was the worst conditioned example of the five, so perhaps that’s what held it back. Great auction, nonetheless… best memorabilia offering REA has had in the last decade!

Old 04-24-2023, 11:12 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Great story Mike… Now that’s what collecting is all about!

What a rare and awesome pennant, and one that Steve Blass himself got to enjoy seeing. Great stuff!

Old 04-24-2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Better than the Mona Lisa, IMO!
Old 04-24-2023, 12:28 PM
Gary

Quote:
That looks great. Did you use a store bought frame and add the backing?

Nice Giants pennant BTW!
Old 04-24-2023, 02:08 PM
Gary

Quote:
Yep and according to the description, the Athletics pennant sold for $8,400 in 2016. It's been the first time in a while that I can remember seeing so many great memorabilia pieces in auctions. Maybe it's just supply and demand.
Old 04-24-2023, 05:02 PM
Marc

First, thanks to Fballguy for selling me that Giants grommet pennant. It took me a bit of time (searching online stores) to find a backing that I thought fit with the colors on the pennant. I think it turned out well.

I usually use green backing, to give a sort of a generic grass/field/turf look. Like these two Santa Clara pennants that I'm looking at while I type (thanks, Kyle, for the one over the door). I think that the green color works well with many pennants, but was not going to work for a green pennant.

I usually buy frames from Frame Destination. I find their website easy to use and their cost to be competitive. Custom framing is usually not an option for me, costing more than the pennants themselves. But I usually find the backing elsewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC oversized.jpg (113.5 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by bocca001; 04-24-2023 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 06:55 PM

Quote:
First, thanks to Fballguy for selling me that Giants grommet pennant. It took me a bit of time (searching online stores) to find a backing that I thought fit with the colors on the pennant. I think it turned out well.

I usually use green backing, to give a sort of a generic grass/field/turf look. Like these two Santa Clara pennants that I'm looking at while I type (thanks, Kyle, for the one over the door). I think that the green color works well with many pennants, but was not going to work for a green pennant.

I usually buy frames from Frame Destination. I find their website easy to use and their cost to be competitive. Custom framing is usually not an option for me, costing more than the pennants themselves. But I usually find the backing elsewhere.
Thanks to you for this idea and also for the top loader idea also suggested here. Great idea to have it use friction to stick. I assume you can find some acid free backing too?
Old 04-24-2023, 07:36 PM
Marc

I'm not sure about whether of not the backing is acid free. I've stayed away from darker backing, especially dark reds just in case there were any concerns about bleeding. I haven't noticed any problems at all. I guess acid issues would show up over a longer period of time. I'd worry about that more if the items I was framing were bigger $$. If I was framing a high $$ item, I'd do my best to make sure the materials as inert as possible.

Last edited by bocca001; 04-24-2023 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:56 AM
Rob

Not exactly TSOG worthy, but I picked up this Keezer design iron on (left) for 15 bucks. None of these patches are marked Keezer but I believe some have been.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1646.jpg (196.0 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg keezer.jpg (98.3 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 04-28-2023 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 12:08 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Very cool Rob! I have never seen that white version, and you found it in its original packaging! Can't imagine more than a handful of those exist.

As for the standard Keezer Patches, it seems that about half are stamped on the reverse and half are not. Very tough set to complete.... I actually tried years ago, but eventually just gave up.

Nice pickups!

Old 04-28-2023, 02:28 PM
Marc

Some day we'll find you a copy of the Keezer pennant with that guy, Rob.

As Rob knows, I've had some Giants luck lately. Both are toughish variations. The orange pennant has an older version of the Candlestick stands (incomplete right field). Later versions with complete stands are easier to find, although not exactly common.

And the 1962 "stamped" version of the black one has been elusive, although ebay had two this past month. So it goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GIants orange stadum older stands.jpg (106.0 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Giants 1962 stamped.jpg (99.5 KB, 193 views)
Old 04-28-2023, 03:07 PM
Rob

Great pickups, Marc! Both are tough.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Some day we'll find you a copy of the Keezer pennant with that guy, Rob.

As Rob knows, I've had some Giants luck lately. Both are toughish variations. The orange pennant has an older version of the Candlestick stands (incomplete right field). Later versions with complete stands are easier to find, although not exactly common.

And the 1962 "stamped" version of the black one has been elusive, although ebay had two this past month. So it goes.
These are great Marc. Just like with the Mets, Trench had a slightly different style of stadium pennant for the Giants. Colors are outstanding!
Old 04-28-2023, 08:07 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Two great pickups... cannot believe another 1962 Giants stamped version surfaced again so soon. Well done Marc!!!

Old 04-30-2023, 01:45 PM

I still find it amazing that so many old pennants are in such good condition. If I was the original owner they would look like Swiss cheese by now. I still have my first few pennants my father bought for me, Got the Mets and Reds attending Game 2 of the 1976 NLCS. (I was six.) Both were in awful condition by the time I got to high school!
Old 04-30-2023, 08:34 PM
Rob

Quote:
Two great pickups... cannot believe another 1962 Giants stamped version surfaced again so soon. Well done Marc!!!
Another buddy got the first one. He wasn’t too pleased when the better version Marc got popped up a week later.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:26 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Another buddy got the first one. He wasn’t too pleased when the better version Marc got popped up a week later.
That's the fluky nature of this hobby.... you don't see one for 3-4 years, and then two turn up within a week of each other. Seems to happen all the time (to the delight of many an underbidder).

Old 05-01-2023, 10:08 AM
Stephen

Anyone bid or win any of the pennants that Mile High just had up in their spring auction?

https://milehighcardco.com/catalog.aspx
Old 05-01-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1979 View Post
Anyone bid or win any of the pennants that Mile High just had up in their spring auction?

https://milehighcardco.com/catalog.aspx
Not me. Sone good ones for sure!
Old 05-01-2023, 01:53 PM

Top pennant has a Worton tag. Next two are clearly from the same maker, circa 1948-48. Followed by a known 1949 Trench. Extremely strong evidence in my opinion that “moonlight better“ is not Trench.

The maker of the top three also have a Joe DiMaggio Pennant and I think Don Newcombe? Mark?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD9B5CB7-C505-427B-89D9-D2B1BE1B0D30.jpg (66.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg E868AB04-7705-4FA3-A8B1-4333723988B3.jpg (180.4 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 750873C2-3E7A-4F24-BAA9-577BC64785AC.jpg (123.3 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 4761C7EA-6389-45A1-A224-6A8B2D0AED43.jpg (64.3 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 05-01-2023 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Marc

Quote:
Not me. Sone good ones for sure!
Just saw that a lot with this (along with Yankees and Dodgers pennants) sold for only $162. Wish I would have seen it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mullin NY Giants red.jpg (59.7 KB, 137 views)
Old 05-01-2023, 02:48 PM

Wow … wow … WOW. Marc I didn’t even see that. The Yankees and the Dodgers alone were worth the price. That Giants looks like cloth, too … amazing
Old 05-01-2023, 04:53 PM
Rob

Quote:
Just saw that a lot with this (along with Yankees and Dodgers pennants) sold for only $162. Wish I would have seen it.
Mile High? ebay? Too much to keep track of.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:21 PM
Rob

Quote:
That's the fluky nature of this hobby.... you don't see one for 3-4 years, and then two turn up within a week of each other. Seems to happen all the time (to the delight of many an underbidder).
Just happened to me...Was very excited to land this Yankees pennant. Can't recall if I'd ever seen one come up for sale previously. Then, the same day it arrives in the mail, the one below it pops up ebay...which off course I liked even better. The colors seemed to pop more. Figured I'd sell the first one. Didn't realize until the second one arrived today that it has white graphics, while the first one has gray. Now I have to keep both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yankees1.jpg (141.8 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Yankees2.jpg (136.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 05-01-2023, 06:27 PM
J.O.N

Just found this Orioles Pennant still in the package. Never saw one like this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:41 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Top pennant has a Worton tag. Next two are clearly from the same maker, circa 1948-48. Followed by a known 1949 Trench. Extremely strong evidence in my opinion that “moonlight better“ is not Trench.

The maker of the top three also have a Joe DiMaggio Pennant and I think Don Newcombe? Mark?
That is 100% correct. Unmistakably identical stylized font!

Old 05-01-2023, 11:52 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Just happened to me...Was very excited to land this Yankees pennant. Can't recall if I'd ever seen one come up for sale previously. Then, the same day it arrives in the mail, the one below it pops up ebay...which off course I liked even better. The colors seemed to pop more. Figured I'd sell the first one. Didn't realize until the second one arrived today that it has white graphics, while the first one has gray. Now I have to keep both.
Perfect example, Rob... what are the odds? If you change your mind and want to part with the grey one, be sure to keep me in mind!

Old 05-02-2023, 05:41 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Different color tassels, too. So, yeah, you HAVE TO keep both!
Old 05-02-2023, 05:43 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 View Post
Just found this Orioles Pennant still in the package. Never saw one like this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The pennant or the packaging? The retailer (wholesaler?) was discussed maybe a month ago and a lot of those Pennant Posts have lately turned up on ebay.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:50 AM
Marc

Greg- what do you think the date is for the moonlight batter Yankees pennant? He played for the Giants until at least 1962. And the same depiction of Candlestick appears in some Giants pennants that seem even later (e.g., the blue example below). All of these pennants are about 3/4 size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moon 1.jpg (69.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Moon 2.jpg (86.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg stick 1.jpg (80.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg Stick 2.jpg (79.6 KB, 129 views)
Old 05-02-2023, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Greg- what do you think the date is for the moonlight batter Yankees pennant? He played for the Giants until at least 1962. And the same depiction of Candlestick appears in some Giants pennants that seem even later (e.g., the blue example below). All of these pennants are about 3/4 size.
Marc, my guess is also late 1940s. It looks almost identical in composition to the roster pennant. I strongly suspect a NYC manufacturer.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:42 AM

Quote:
The moon lit batter artwork dates back to at least October of 1949, when this image was published in the Brooklyn Eagle after the Dodgers clinched the NL pennant....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chrome Legacy Window 4112020 24611 PM.jpg (173.0 KB, 98 views)
Old 05-03-2023, 05:32 AM
Rob

Quote:
Marc, my guess is also late 1940s. It looks almost identical in composition to the roster pennant. I strongly suspect a NYC manufacturer.
I have no reason to disagree, but it’s weird that there doesn’t seem to be a NY Giants version. At least not that I’ve ever seen…
Old 05-03-2023, 06:38 AM
Marc

Well, that moonlight batter must have been playing for the Dodgers in the 1940s. I think he got traded to the Phillies sometime in the 1950s (right Greg? I think there are Phillies versions) and then apparently finished his career with the SF Giants.