NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Tony Gordon

Default Milwaukee Card Show Back on! - June 2nd

I have been running a small card show at the Four Points Sheraton in Milwaukee for the past four years. I have been getting a nice dealer and customer turn out. Out of the blue last month, a hotel manager called me and said my June 2nd show is cancelled because another group, paying more money, wants my space.

I contracted with the hotel back in November to hold monthly shows throughout 2018. I told the manager NO WAY, she can't cancel my show. So there has been a battle that culminated on Saturday during, what I thought, was my final show at the hotel. The manager pulled me into a conference room three times and agreed to let me hold the show June 2nd in the hotel's restaurant -- something I suggested four weeks ago when she told me my event was cancelled.

Anyway, there is a lot of bad blood here. I am on the hunt for a new location to host the show in 2019. In the meantime, the show will go on as planned on the first Saturday of every month throughout the rest of the year at the Four Points Sheraton, 5311 S. Howell, in Milwaukee.

A big thank you for the kind words of support as I battled with the Sheraton management. The lesson I learned here is to avoid hotels as an event space in the future because card shows just don't spend enough money for their liking.

Last edited by Tony Gordon; 05-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Rich Klein

I understand your pain. One of the issues is,, when times are not good, then they need us but when the economy is better than more events are run and we become 2nd class citizens again in their eyes.

Yet, we are much easier to deal with than an event with catering as I keep explaining, our groups don't need help during the event and we're pretty much able to be self sufficient as long as some basic needs are met: Garbage Cans, Chairs, Water Station, etc.

Rich
Old 05-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Tony Gordon

Rich, that is exactly my argument. All the hotel has to do is set up the tables and leave us alone. We don't leave a mess or broken beer bottles like other events. Hotels could not find easier events to deal with than card shows. Unfortunately, I have to find a new space for next year.