NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Scott S

On the CU forum, I asked why the tickets were split up, and he said he kept one book together and split up the other.

So does that mean there were TWO books of these which were found??
Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Bob B.

Pathetic.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 AM

I own both books. Graded one; kept the other intact.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
On the CU forum, I asked why the tickets were split up, and he said he kept one book together and split up the other.

So does that mean there were TWO books of these which were found??
Yes.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 AM
$cotty @.utin

Ok, breaking up the booklet aside.
I think the tickets are great looking, Im just curious what you believe a reasonable offer is? I saw your ticket pop up in my ebay search list (before I saw these threads) and immediately moved on as it is way out of my realm for a single ticket.

I could see asking 3,4, even $500 for this ticket, but how did you come up with $10K (especially since you told us what you paid for all the tickets)?

d

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Barry Sloate

Meatloaf- here's what troubles me:

I don't care that you are asking 10K for the ticket; that's between you and a potential buyer and it's not my business. But you describe it as super rare and that it would be the cornerstone of a collection. What you leave out is that you have a total of forty tickets, and that they originated from what can be considered a hoard found in 2011 (and there may have been more than two books found, I don't know).

Since any 19th century baseball ticket can be considered rare, the fact that there are forty or more of these now makes them rather common. Don't you feel an obligation to share this information in your description? Shouldn't a buyer make an educated decision based on the information known about it? Seems like calling it super rare is too much of an ethical stretch.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post

I don't care that you are asking 10K for the ticket; that's between you and a potential buyer and it's not my business. But you describe it as super rare and that it would be the cornerstone of a collection. What you leave out is that you have a total of forty tickets, and that they originated from what can be considered a hoard found in 2011 (and there may have been more than two books found, I don't know).

Since any 19th century baseball ticket can be considered rare, the fact that there are forty or more of these now makes them rather common. Don't you feel an obligation to share this information in your description? Shouldn't a buyer make an educated decision based on the information known about it? Seems like calling it super rare is too much of an ethical stretch.
Sure, will do. I have it on ebay only to find out what people are willing to pay. The beauty of BIN/OBO is that I can set the price super high and see where the mean offers fall. More than likely I am going to send some of the tickets off to a high end auction house and let them take care of it. So they will provide the details on how they were obtained, total #, etc. I really don't care if it fails to sell on ebay. My game is gauging a price before choosing an auction house. I will hold onto the rest. So 40 exist...but only a hand full shall come up for sale. I read there are a lot of people judging me. That is fine. I love America and freedom of speech. I am not a scam artist and I don't collect for a living. It is a side hobby and also a side business, in which I have done well with my model. If others are critical of it, no problem.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post

From your feedback, auction content updated. Like I said before, not my game to sell it via Fee-bay. Gauging the price. Thanks.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Barry Sloate

Thanks.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Richard Simon

Don't ya just love a guy who has made 20 or so posts, most offering sale items, none of which really gave advice, who comes on the board, asks for advice and then totally ignores the advice and destroys a true rarity.
Also tends to cast a cloud over the story of "doing this for a friend."
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-29-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Al

Default tickets

Meatloaf,
As a business man I can totally understand what you are trying to do. I guess we have to look at it as if we were in your shoes. Taking away the collector part of the equation(that is in most of us on this board) and looking at it more as a monitary model. But I guess the difference with me is what would be a fair price for the tickets. I dont believe 10,000 is that number. As most of the members have stated with your grading costs 250-600 at the max end? You said yourself your friend paid 400 for the book of 22 tickets. That comes to 18.18 each. Regardless of the fact of breaking up the book (you could have come on and told us that you found 22 loose tickets really doesnt matter) As a business man if you sold all 22 at lets say 300 each thats 6600 dollars. 500 would be 11,000. In this economy that would be a excellent return on your money. And also knowing that you have another book. Maybe you should have kept that info to yourself for awhile. But bottom line is I think you are getting caught up in the moment and not looking at it in real terms. either way once you pass you lets say 1000 (cost of the book and grading costs) you still stand to make a nice profit. Good luck with your endevor but dont be surprised if your lofty numbers are just that .
Old 02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I agree with Scotty, they are nice tickets, but with 2 full booklets and many graded there is no scarcity. IMO, the price is at best a hundred to a few hundred each...spaced out over time so that they don't pop up on completed eBay searches.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default 1895 ticket on ebay buy it now for chump change

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotan_02 View Post
Ok, breaking up the booklet aside.
I think the tickets are great looking, Im just curious what you believe a reasonable offer is? I saw your ticket pop up in my ebay search list (before I saw these threads) and immediately moved on as it is way out of my realm for a single ticket.

I could see asking 3,4, even $500 for this ticket, but how did you come up with $10K (especially since you told us what you paid for all the tickets)?

d
how about some one else having a book and selling them for $24 for a single and he has sold a bunch of them already maybe not that rare
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1895-OMAHA-W...kAAOSw4A5YwAzw

Last edited by megalimey; 03-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.