NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Default Personal Note On 2014 National: Examining Photos in Person

I will be at the National this time, at booth 1820 helping Belltown Vintage Cards (Scott F.), but will also be examining photos there. If you have anything photo or related (I'm also well versed in ink printed item), feel free to stop by.

I will be issuing physical certificates on the spot for a fee, but, if you don't want a physical documentation of opinion, I give general opinions and advice for free to visiting collectors. (If this was a fee based-ad, I wouldn't have posted). If Leon think's this is post is inappropriate as an ad, I understand if he removes it, but I figured it involved free advice it would be okay.

Just wanted to give a heads up for those photo collectors or potential photo buyers. This is my first National, so I don't know what to expect. I have been told that being a dealer at the national involves a lot of sitting around downtime and general boredom (Someone said "Bring a book'), so would rather be looking at someone's photos and items that just sitting around.

If you have anything unusual or special you will want me to look at or want an appointment to make sure i'm at the booth or want to meet me elsewhere, you can email me beforehand at cycleback@cycleback.com

Lastly, no one's omniscient and I'm only human, so don't get mad if you give me a mystery photo or lithograph and my conclusion is "I don't know."

The very last note is I'm not business-associated with Scott F. or anyone else at the booth (two other Net54ers are also renting space from Scott at the booth too). Scott and I just happen to be old friends from the same area and are traveling together and sharing the booth. Other than I will have some of my books for sale, I'm not selling any photos or cards or memorabilia, and get no percentage or other payment from anything else that sells by others. I'm not there working as a dealer and any T206s, photos or autographs at the booth are not being sold be me. No auction house or dealer has paid me to push consignments their way, and I'm also not working in competition to any Net54ers or tother who are there to sell cards and memorabilia. If no one wants my services, I'll be treating my trip to Cleveland as a vacation. I was raised in the Midwest and, living on the West Coast for the past two decades where my family including retired parents also live, get back there rarely-- so, when Scott asked if I wanted to tag along, the idea of taking a trip to the Midwest and going to my first National had appeal as a summer vacation destination.

Cheers,
David Rudd Cycleback

Last edited by drcy; 07-23-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
I have been told that being a dealer at the national involves a lot of sitting around downtime and general boredom (Someone said "Bring a book'), so would rather be looking at someone's photos and items that just sitting around.
Okay, fine - I'm ignoring you for the entire trip, including the drive up and back. You might want to bring 2 books.

Quote:
Lastly, no one's omniscient and I'm only human, so don't get mad if you give me a mystery photo or lithograph and my conclusion is "I don't know."
Only omniscient non-humans are allowed behind my table. Change your attitude.

Quote:
-- so, when Scott asked if I wanted to tag along, the idea of taking a trip to the Midwest and going to my first National had appeal as a summer vacation destination.

Cheers,
David Rudd Cycleback
You will not be disappointed. I have already planned side-trips to see the world's biggest ball of fishing line and we will be stopping to reenact Custer's last stand with a mime troupe. Possibly a tour of the Velveeta plant. Other than that, lots of counting cows.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:28 PM

David - I'm looking forward to seeing you at the National. I, too, treat the National as my summer vacation. Have a safe trip. Alan

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 07-23-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:21 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

As I said, I am Runscott's volunteer assistant and guest at his booth. I was already his volunteer assistant for a day when he did the Seattle show a couple of months back. A dealer always needs a second person to at least watch his table while he goes to bathroom or gets lunch. I've already seen a lot of his stuff he sells. He sells vintage cards and photos, which is in my area of knowledge. He also sells vintage autographs which isn't in my area of expertise.

Last edited by drcy; 07-23-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I look forward to seeing you there.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Okay, fine - I'm ignoring you for the entire trip, including the drive up and back. You might want to bring 2 books.

Only omniscient non-humans are allowed behind my table. Change your attitude.

You will not be disappointed. I have already planned side-trips to see the world's biggest ball of fishing line and we will be stopping to reenact Custer's last stand with a mime troupe. Possibly a tour of the Velveeta plant. Other than that, lots of counting cows.
Will you be making a video of the Velveeta tour?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-23-2014, 05:27 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Will you be making a video of the Velveeta tour?
Already back to making cheesy jokes.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:13 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

As someone who grew up in Wisconsin, I've been to a cheese factory where you got to see the cheese being made. I also went a toilet/bathroom museum in Kohler Wisconsin. Kohler Company is one of the world's largest plumbing products manufacturers and they have a free public 'history of bathrooms' museum, which actually is quite interesting. There's also a mustard museum in Mount Horeb Wisconsin, which is not far from where I grew up.

Wisconsinites can be corny and cheesy, but they also know it and do it with the sense of fun. That's half their charm. Even the locals get a laugh out of having a mustard museum in their town.

Last edited by drcy; 07-23-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I saw the real Star Spangled Banner in person today. I am happy.

David- I doubt you will be too bored. There will be a ton of folks from this board there and you will know a lot of them by at least their id's here. See ya' there....
Old 07-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

You will not be disappointed. I have already planned side-trips to see the world's biggest ball of fishing line and we will be stopping to reenact Custer's last stand with a mime troupe. Possibly a tour of the Velveeta plant. Other than that, lots of counting cows.[/QUOTE]

Based on the timing of the trip you will probably hit the early arrivals for Sturgis. I suspect Wall, SD is in the mix. I would make one suggestion: The Spam Museum in Austin, MN. Right on Rte 90 and about 15 miles east of Rte 35 which takes you to Minneapolis/St Paul

Even Leon has been there...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spam-1REDO.jpg (32.2 KB, 410 views)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”