NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Rick Seuferer

Kind of sad to see some of the replies. I've nit numerous BIN on Ebay and email the seller to let them know that they probably made an error and can cancel the sale so that they don't have to deal with the attitudes of some people. It's all about Karma.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:21 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

To me, it's all about attitude of BOTH the buyer AND the seller and it's sad that it has changed over the years...

50 years ago:
Seller: "Sorry, I made a mistake on the price, but I'll give it to you for what it was advertised"
Buyer: "No, it was an honest mistake and I won't hold you to it."
Seller: "Thank you for understanding. Let me make it up to you by...(fill in the blank).

Today:
Seller: "It was a mistake and I'm not going to honor that price or do anything for you."
Buyer: "You have to sell it to me for what it was advertised. It's the law!"
Seller: "F you!"
Buyer: No, F you!"
Old 08-03-2018, 04:25 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Then why does EBay punish the seller for this infraction? Is eBay wrong to?
Breaking a direct rule in the business you have is a terrible way to do business.
Because Ebay always takes the side of the buyer. Well almost always. Try buying something on Amazon at a price that is an obvious mistake. Even if you place the order and pay for it there is a good chance it will be canceled and refunded when they catch the mistake. The same is true of many companies, as it should be. I dont want to pay a higher price because they need to make up for losses from customers taking advantage of honest mistakes.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Because Ebay always takes the side of the buyer. Well almost always. Try buying something on Amazon at a price that is an obvious mistake. Even if you place the order and pay for it there is a good chance it will be canceled and refunded when they catch the mistake. The same is true of many companies, as it should be. I dont want to pay a higher price because they need to make up for losses from customers taking advantage of honest mistakes.
They side with the buyer because the customer is always right another good business practice.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
To me, it's all about attitude of BOTH the buyer AND the seller and it's sad that it has changed over the years...

50 years ago:
Seller: "Sorry, I made a mistake on the price, but I'll give it to you for what it was advertised"
Buyer: "No, it was an honest mistake and I won't hold you to it."
Seller: "Thank you for understanding. Let me make it up to you by...(fill in the blank).

Today:
Seller: "It was a mistake and I'm not going to honor that price or do anything for you."
Buyer: "You have to sell it to me for what it was advertised. It's the law!"
Seller: "F you!"
Buyer: No, F you!"
50 years ago? as someone who has been a small business owner since 1975, even as recently as 10 years ago people were civil and understanding toward each other. although to be fair it SEEMS like 50 years ago.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Chris

If I'm buying or selling a card, I want both parties to be happy. If I'd purchased this, I'd very much expect the seller to cancel the sale and would be completely understanding were that the case. Just like I would expect people to understand if I made a pricing error. I don't care how big the company is, it's not a business making a mistake it's the individual that did the listing. If it comes to him getting in trouble/potentially fired, or me missing out on a card, I'll take the later every day. It's just a baseball card.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:31 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

On a side (but not too distant) note, I recently bought a graded card pretty cheaply off of ebay, because it had a wax stain on back. After I purchased it, the seller almost immediately sent me a message making sure that I knew the card had an 'ST' qualifier. He told me I could cancel the sale if I wanted to, because he wanted to make sure he only had satisfied customers. Yowza, talk about great customer service. Of course I was fully aware of what I was buying, but this seller definitely earned my future business.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
If I'm buying or selling a card, I want both parties to be happy. If I'd purchased this, I'd very much expect the seller to cancel the sale and would be completely understanding were that the case. Just like I would expect people to understand if I made a pricing error. I don't care how big the company is, it's not a business making a mistake it's the individual that did the listing. If it comes to him getting in trouble/potentially fired, or me missing out on a card, I'll take the later every day. It's just a baseball card.
So we should all just make mistakes and expect for nothing to happen? Really?
Life does not work that way. Own your mistakes !

It seems like a few need this. https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...p-to-mistakes/
Old 08-03-2018, 06:39 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Ebay's T&C specifically state the buyer has entered into a legally binding agreement to pay for the card. Are we to assume this is unilateral, and possibly not enforceable? Can an auction house sue and win vs. a non paying bidder? Mistake do happen, and Ricks employees would rather put where the item is in the stock room and their name in the listing rather than a description, or a back scan of the card. Though I did see they have been adding some.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Kev1n @1les

Today at the show, I was at Rick's table. A young lady asked me if she could help me. I told her I wanted one of those PSA 5 Jimmie Foxx's for $250. She just gave me a confused look...the joke fell flat.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 08-03-2018, 06:40 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
They side with the buyer because the customer is always right another good business practice.
There are certain customers a business is better off without. I get the feeling you fall into this category.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
There are certain customers a business is better off without. I get the feeling you fall into this category.
Wrong a business needs all of its customers. If ever signal one is treated right then there should be any issues.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Chris

Quote:
So we should all just make mistakes and expect for nothing to happen? Really?
Life does not work that way. Own your mistakes !

It seems like a few need this. https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...p-to-mistakes/
We all make mistakes and, when I make one, I apologize. But, when someone makes a mistake in a listing and needs to cancel, I accept their apology--I don't need their money or them to get punished.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:50 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
There are certain customers a business is better off without
Quote:
Wrong a business needs all of its customers.
Sorry, but you're wrong about this. I learned it the hard way. I used to think the same thing, thought I needed every customer. But once I figured out that wasn't the case, it made my business run a lot smoother. There are just some people that aren't worth the hassle of doing business with. Doing business with them can actually cost you other good customers because you're spending your time dealing with the problem ones instead of focusing on the good ones.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:14 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong about this. I learned it the hard way. I used to think the same thing, thought I needed every customer. But once I figured out that wasn't the case, it made my business run a lot smoother. There are just some people that aren't worth the hassle of doing business with. Doing business with them can actually cost you other good customers because you're spending your time dealing with the problem ones instead of focusing on the good ones.
Right, it's just common sense. This is why the option exists to ban bidders on Ebay. And why Amazon just banned the accounts of a bunch of serial returners. Some customers will cost a business either money, time, or the loss of other customers. And the ones that are out there trolling for pricing errors to take advantage of wont be missed by most business owners.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

I don’t think the word “honor” should be tossed around in a case like this. Honor only applies when a person has made a conscious decision and then goes back on it. A simple mistype, IMO, no.

I saw the listing probably minutes after the card was purchased. I don’t blame the buyer for snagging it, but I also would not hold the seller to it. BUT you better believe I would let THEM bring that up!

As far as “needing every customer”, or “the customer is always right”, I personally would not a customer who would hold me over the coals for an obvious mistake. Good riddance. My 2c
Old 08-04-2018, 07:34 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

20% of your clients make 80% of your problem...or something to that affect. I've had to fire clients before. I think in this case it was blatant, but as in my Dean's cards debacle, he set the price, and then when the card sold he went back and realized he made a mistake, resulting in the one and only auction I remember Dean's cards ever listing. Again there is nothing I can find holding the seller accountable. Unlike Frank Prisco, Piedmont auctions who just takes thousands of dollars and never refunds or sends the cards

Old 08-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Fred

So.... did the card actually get sold for $250? Kind of doubt it.

It looks like the card is up for sale again for $1500 (same seller). I suppose that's got a 1 in front along with another $250. What happened to $1250?

Looking at other 1933 Goudey Foxx cards with a "5" grade, the final price range has been from about $550+ up to over a grand.

I guess you could look at the $250 BIN and determine it was most likely an error based on the seller and the volume of nice card listings they have.

If you were to have purchased it with the BIN price of $250, I suppose you could look at it like one heck of a bargain, but in the back of my mind I'd believe it was an error would just accept the excuse that it was listed in error.
I wouldn't like it, but I'd just accept it for what it is. I probably wouldn't neg the seller but would ask for a little latitude or $100 credit on a large purchase (lets say over $400) just to take some of the sting away. Or just be a generally good person and just say phuc-it.

Now, if they shipped the card to me and then asked for it back a week or two later, then things might be a little different.

Also, if this was a card that was not a BIN and it was listed in error and went the full distance, then I'd have to figure the price would have been much greater than the $250 starting price because there are a lot of savvy buyers out there and things like this just don't get past everyone and certainly not for a huge discount.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
About 10 years ago when I first started selling on the BST, and more naive about T206s than I am now, I listed a common that had a more desirable back than I realized. I received a couple of helpful PMs rather quickly (i.e., correcting me, not asking if it was the "real price").
Same thing happened to me with a P42 back I had missed. This community has a lot of great folks.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 08-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I couldn't disagree more. Been in business for a long time....just like this forum. Not all members are good members. If your crap to equity ratio is upside down you will get the boot. A few members thought they were exempt. They weren't.

Quote:
Wrong a business needs all of its customers. If ever signal one is treated right then there should be any issues.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
This is pretty false. A business needs good customers. Tolerable customers. Not customers who think they can shit the bed and get away with it just because they're a customer.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdelpercio View Post
So, to the people who are stating that you should always honor the listed price, even if it's clearly an error...say you are going to list your house for sale for $250,000 and you accidentally type a period instead of a comma in that number which causes your ad to list it instead for $250.00, you're saying that you are going to have the honor and integrity to just eat that mistake and go ahead and sell it for 250 bucks?
sales of stuff like houses and cars are different than retail sales. A retailer, at least in Mass is required to honor the marked price.

sales of cars and Houses require P+s agreements contracts etc. And there are outs for a lot of circumstances like that. With a house it would be "you listed it at $250, I offer that." Followed by "sorry I don't accept that offer" (This even happens at listing prices more like the 250K..)
Cars are close, but it gets odd.
The place I worked there were two sales people who could authorize their own deals on behalf of the dealership. One weekend, one of them authorized a deal at like 2000 under cost because he wasn't all that good at math. The sales manager caught it Monday, everyone got a stern taking to, and the customer got a great deal on his purchase. And while he wasn't fired, he wasn't allowed to approve his own deals anymore. And the rest of us called him "give it away Dave" for a month or so.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:39 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
This is pretty false. A business needs good customers. Tolerable customers. Not customers who think they can shit the bed and get away with it just because they're a customer.
I bet you deal with a lot of both in your profession.

Member since 2009
Old 08-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Been in business for a long time....just like this forum. Not all members are good members. If your crap to equity ratio is upside down you will get the boot. A few members thought they were exempt. They weren't.
So I’ll admit I’m wrong on this side. But not the sale being honored mistake or whatever.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Steve Birmingham

Massachusetts explanation of the retail pricing requirements.

http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-res...uirements.html

Abbreviated version, leaving out exceptions like rope and live animals etc.

The Attorney General’s Item Price Regulation, 940 C.M.R. 3.13, applies to non-grocery stores or to the non-grocery items of a mixed-product retailer. The regulation requires, among other things, that such merchants mark goods offered for sale with the selling price by either affixing a price tag or sticker on the product or its packaging, and states that it is an unfair or deceptive act or practice in violation of the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Statute, G.L. c. 93A, to fail to do so.

Sellers are obligated to sell goods at the correct price, which is the lowest of the advertised price, the posted price, the sticker price, or the checkout price, and must clearly and conspicuously disclose to a buyer the exact nature and extent of the seller’s refund, return or cancellation policy prior to completion of the purchase transaction.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:18 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Heh, so also pays treble damages, wonder if this is the case with Ohio.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Nick Pascal

I'm all for steals. If something at a show is severely underpriced and the dealer says that they are sure that's what they want to sell it for, then go for it. It's on them to be knowledgeable about their product. But that's not the case here.

Clearly a pricing mistake. Most likely the buyer recognized that it was a pricing mistake as well. I'd have to assume very few people are looking to buy a Goudey Foxx without having an idea on what the going rate is.

Would it be cool if they honored it? Sure. Do I think they're bad people if they cancel the transaction? Absolutely not. People make mistakes. It's not like it's a modern card and they're cancelling the transaction because the player has gotten hot and prices have shot through the roof after the purchase.

If some of y'all think that sellers should be so honorable and fall on the sword, then shouldn't the buyer also have to have some decency? Shouldn't he have messaged them making sure that that was what they intended to price it at?

/end rant
Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp22 View Post
I'm all for steals. If something at a show is severely underpriced and the dealer says that they are sure that's what they want to sell it for, then go for it. It's on them to be knowledgeable about their product. But that's not the case here.

Clearly a pricing mistake. Most likely the buyer recognized that it was a pricing mistake as well. I'd have to assume very few people are looking to buy a Goudey Foxx without having an idea on what the going rate is.

Would it be cool if they honored it? Sure. Do I think they're bad people if they cancel the transaction? Absolutely not. People make mistakes. It's not like it's a modern card and they're cancelling the transaction because the player has gotten hot and prices have shot through the roof after the purchase.

If some of y'all think that sellers should be so honorable and fall on the sword, then shouldn't the buyer also have to have some decency? Shouldn't he have messaged them making sure that that was what they intended to price it at?

/end rant
The seller creates the listing, proofs the listing, then asked if they want to list the item.Thats plenty of opportunity to avoid a “mistake”. As a grown man and business owner not some guy just selling cards. Giving the buyer only has to press buy it now. You can’t say they need to do anything it’s being offered at this price from a professional company that’s been doing business for years.
Owning your mistakes is a part of life. Not all mistakes are avoidable this one is.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:24 AM
je.sse @rnot

So what happens if I send a 50k 52 Mantle to probstein to list and some assistant of his puts it up for 5k by mistake and it instantly sells? Is he supposed to eat the 45k or am I?

I don't get this need to screw someone over for a simple and honest mistake.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
So what happens if I send a 50k 52 Mantle to probstein to list and some assistant of his puts it up for 5k by mistake and it instantly sells? Is he supposed to eat the 45k or am I?

I don't get this need to screw someone over for a simple and honest mistake.
Who knows we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. It’s not that simple or honest of a mistake. The only person getting screwed is the buyer. By a blatant mistake and unhonest way of handling it.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Quote:
Who knows we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. It’s not that simple or honest of a mistake. The only person getting screwed is the buyer. By a blatant mistake and unhonest way of handling it.
Totally disagree with this viewpoint. If I was the buyer I would HOPE the seller would stand by it but would offer zero resistance if they honestly explained their mistake.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The seller creates the listing, proofs the listing, then asked if they want to list the item.Thats plenty of opportunity to avoid a “mistake”. As a grown man and business owner not some guy just selling cards. Giving the buyer only has to press buy it now. You can’t say they need to do anything it’s being offered at this price from a professional company that’s been doing business for years.
Owning your mistakes is a part of life. Not all mistakes are avoidable this one is.
Well, you are just wrong. The card has been relisted at a higher price. So, the sale was cancelled. This is EBay's policy, what you or I think doesn't matter. At least in this instance it is good to see EBay siding with the seller.

Not all mistakes need to be owned up to. Maybe if the sale was in Massachusetts, you would have a point. However, that is a good reason for business owners to avoid states like that. No state that I have lived in has had such unfriendly to business policies.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
The buyer isn't getting screwed in this scenario. He isn't out his money and he didn't make out on a killer deal that was a mistake anyway. He didn't get screwed though. I'd say if the deal fell through and the card is now relisted correctly, then nobody got screwed and all is well again. Let's move on.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 08-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Well, you are just wrong. The card has been relisted at a higher price. So, the sale was cancelled. This is EBay's policy, what you or I think doesn't matter. At least in this instance it is good to see EBay siding with the seller.

Not all mistakes need to be owned up to. Maybe if the sale was in Massachusetts, you would have a point. However, that is a good reason for business owners to avoid states like that. No state that I have lived in has had such unfriendly to business policies.
How does the card being delisted make me wrong? You have have to own all your mistakes lol. That’s not a arming point.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:38 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Other instances it may be another buyer emailing the seller telling them the price was too low, or offering more.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
How does the card being delisted make me wrong? You have have to own all your mistakes lol. That’s not a arming point.
How is the seller having to own his mistake? In this case he is not. Some people are forgiving. I posted earlier that I had someone hit one of my buy it nows and then asked to cancel the sale. I could have just kept the money and taken a negative. However, I don't want to be like that. I refunded his money and relisted the item. In this case EBay is being forgiving of an honest mistake and not making the seller own his mistake.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

So maybe the buyer is forgiving. It doesn’t mean you don’t have to own your mistake.even if the buyer is not it doesn’t mean Probstein did the right thing. It really doesn’t matter how you cut it. When the buyer press buy it now the entered in to a legal agreement. Where canceling the order is against the rules of eBay. The seller had enough chances to get the listing right. You do have to own your mistakes. I’m sure plenty of people wish they didn’t make a mistake that cost them a thousand dollars. I’m sure a lot of people wish they could weasel out of it. I’m sure some might be forgiven. Like when you get caught speeding sometimes the cop say keep it moving and slow down. Other times they hit you with everything they could. It doesn’t mean you were speeding unperpose. You can’t tell the judge I didn’t mean to speed so see you around.
Most people would live if they didn’t HAVE to pay the ticket or go to court but they are forced to.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Robert N*w-ell

Quote:
So maybe the buyer is forgiving. It doesn’t mean you don’t have to own your mistake.even if the buyer is not it doesn’t mean Probstein did the right thing. It really doesn’t matter how you cut it. When the buyer press buy it now the entered in to a legal agreement. Where canceling the order is against the rules of eBay. The seller had enough chances to get the listing right. You do have to own your mistakes. I’m sure plenty of people wish they didn’t make a mistake that cost them a thousand dollars. I’m sure a lot of people wish they could weasel out of it. I’m sure some might be forgiven. Like when you get caught speeding sometimes the cop say keep it moving and slow down. Other times they hit you with everything they could. It doesn’t mean you were speeding unperpose. You can’t tell the judge I didn’t mean to speed so see you around.
Most people would live if they didn’t HAVE to pay the ticket or go to court but they are forced to.
A seller cancelling a a winning bid after the fact is not against eBay policy.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ge...action?id=4136

All your other anecdotal rhetoric is meaningless.

Unless the buyer of this card can show some kind of intentional fraud and misrepresentation in regards to the listing and actions of the seller, the buyer would have no legal case.

The subject at hand isn't as convoluted as some are trying to make it.

Like it or not, the seller made a mistake and per eBay policy, had the option to cancel the sale and did so.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:01 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

"your buyer for some reason – the item was damaged, or you had fewer items in inventory than you thought, for example – you can cancel the transaction."

If price was too low?

Old 08-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
"your buyer for some reason – the item was damaged, or you had fewer items in inventory than you thought, for example – you can cancel the transaction."

If price was too low?
Ted didn't you have someone cancel your winning bids/BIN on eBay because the prices where too low? Did you ever get your items or are you still trolling eBay.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52ToppsMantle View Post
A seller cancelling a a winning bid after the fact is not against eBay policy.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ge...action?id=4136

All your other anecdotal rhetoric is meaningless.

Unless the buyer of this card can show some kind of intentional fraud and misrepresentation in regards to the listing and actions of the seller, the buyer would have no legal case.

The subject at hand isn't as convoluted as some are trying to make it.

Like it or not, the seller made a mistake and per eBay policy, had the option to cancel the sale and did so.
what are you talking about it says you will get a defect.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Once again not the issue that we are dealing with. You don’t list a card by simple pushing a few numbers real quick. Check the eBay community Boards. Many people have this issue. They are not big time like probstein. And yet most shipped and took the lose. Beware of all the people here saying that integrity and honesty is not the answer. At least we see your true colors.

Don’t be confused by have to’s and should. It’s even against ebays rules to cancel the purchase. He’ll get a defect for it. People are literally standing by and saying yeah break that rule then with the same breath. Saying what’s wrong with the world today? Hahah I wonder ?
As you can see I already covered this. In fact not one person has been able to say anything in a factual manner to why integrity, honor and own your mistakes is not a way this should be handled.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:53 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
As you can see I already covered this. In fact not one person has been able to say anything in a factual manner to why integrity, honor and own your mistakes is not a way this should be handled.
I can't believe this argument is still going on. If you expect a seller to let a card go for 10, 20, or even 50% of what it's worth and what he meant to list it for just because he made a mistake when listing or marking the card, then you are the one who has no integrity or honor.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Robert N*w-ell

Quote:
what are you talking about it says you will get a defect.
I posted facts. Just because a seller may get a "defect," that doesn't mean that the seller can't cancel a sale. I showed you a seller can cancel a sale.

The card has been relisted without the previous buyer asking eBay to intervene. There is no legal recourse now. It's done with.

You are wrong in what you said.

I see no point in responding further on this particular closed auction.

Last edited by 52ToppsMantle; 08-05-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:47 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

"When you can cancel a listing
If you cancel a listing, it risks disappointing potential buyers, so we strongly discourage all our sellers from doing so. However, we understand that there are times when a cancellation might be necessary. Some valid reasons include:

The item is lost, broken, or no longer available

You made a mistake, such as listing the wrong starting price in an auction"

It deoes not mention a wrong buy it now price.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
I can't believe this argument is still going on. If you expect a seller to let a card go for 10, 20, or even 50% of what it's worth and what he meant to list it for just because he made a mistake when listing or marking the card, then you are the one who has no integrity or honor.
Insult me eh....

You can take your opinion and stick it. If you offer an item at a price and I accept, that's a deal and not sticking with it is dishonest.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Insult me eh....

You can take your opinion and stick it. If you offer an item at a price and I accept, that's a deal and not sticking with it is dishonest.
That seems a rather rude and confrontational response for a Canadian, but you can stick your opinion as well. I have no respect for someone who would try to stick it to a seller over an obvious error on an online price.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 08-05-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:24 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Maybe the seller needs better, or qualified help, or people who understand the product? Back in the old days, you had to ask for help or wait for the big guy to come back before you quoted a price or made a deal. All that is now lost. Also, I remember staying up nights learning the different years and types of cards so I wouldn't look like (more of) an idiot when someone asked me for 52 topps. How things change

Old 08-06-2018, 12:02 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
That seems a rather rude and confrontational response for a Canadian
Probably one of the top five quotes I have ever read. F^ckn eh’

Member since 2009
Old 08-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
That seems a rather rude and confrontational response for a Canadian, but you can stick your opinion as well. I have no respect for someone who would try to stick it to a seller over an obvious error on an online price.
Baffling stupidity as well as a total lack of any sense of personal responsibility.

I'm not Canadian.

Maybe IF you graduate Jr high and some how make it through high school you will have learned something.