NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 AM
JustCollectVP JustCollectVP is offline
Sc0tt A1paugh
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 104
Default What upcoming shows are on your calendar?

With the triple threat of three major shows at the same time this past weekend (Boston, Hofstra and Strongsville), it seems there is some flexibility in the upcoming show schedule.

What shows are you looking forward to attending?

I know the Moeller High School show is coming up at the end of the month and I haven't been there in more than 20 years. Unfortunately, this will be another year that I won't make it.

I'm pretty sure that the next show that we'll be making it out to is the Robert Morris University show in Pittsburgh May 20-22.

I'd love to hear what other local and regional shows attract the interest of the board members.
__________________
Regards,
Scott

Website: www.justcollect.com
Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,955
Default

I think I will be somewhat of a fixture at the Rich Klein (hi Rich) local shows in the Dallas area for the forseeable, near future. Rich has been doing a wonderful job promoting the show(s) he is doing and they are picking up some steam. Casual, friendly and inexpensive to set up at.....and as local as it gets for me.
__________________
Leon Luckey

Last edited by Leon; 04-19-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Joshchisox08's Avatar
Joshchisox08 Joshchisox08 is offline
J0$H B^ck!ey
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: C0nn3cticu+
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCollectVP View Post
With the triple threat of three major shows at the same time this past weekend (Boston, Hofstra and Strongsville), it seems there is some flexibility in the upcoming show schedule.

What shows are you looking forward to attending?

I know the Moeller High School show is coming up at the end of the month and I haven't been there in more than 20 years. Unfortunately, this will be another year that I won't make it.

I'm pretty sure that the next show that we'll be making it out to is the Robert Morris University show in Pittsburgh May 20-22.

I'd love to hear what other local and regional shows attract the interest of the board members.
Scott,

Can you actually get any bargains/good deals at any of these shows? I only ask because I've only been to a handful of different (local) shows when I was younger.

Deals for pre-war were few and far between, they all brought premiums for the sake of being there and now I guess.
__________________
429/524 Off of the monster 81%
49/76 HOF's 64%
18/20 Overlooked by Cooperstown 90%
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Bpm0014's Avatar
Bpm0014 Bpm0014 is offline
Brendan Mullen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,000
Default

Pittsburgh May 20-22
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2016, 08:52 AM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is offline
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 8,147
Default

shows!!!!!! who needs shows!!!!!!!!

I don't think I've picked up anything for my personal collection at a show in decades!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Rich Klein Rich Klein is offline
Rich Klein
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Plano Tx
Posts: 3,492
Default I get it in terms of advanced collectors

like Peter who needs very little but even he will attend a National.

The best part about shows, and what I try to do with mine, is to create a fun atmosphere for both dealers and collectors. That means affordable tables, minimal admission, reasonably priced autograph guests and a mix of dealers.

And as Peter himself would admit, the best part of shows is the opportunity for interpersonal communication with fellow hobbyists. And if we can only get our hotel to put a little food and drink dispensary for when they stop serving breakfast, we even have a great section in the lobby for collectors to meet before or after they come into the show.

Come on down Peter, and enjoy the conversation, and I'll even let you in for free since you are coming from way out of state
__________________
Look for our show listings in the Net 54 Calendar section
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2016, 10:24 AM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is offline
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 8,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
like Peter who needs very little but even he will attend a National.

The best part about shows, and what I try to do with mine, is to create a fun atmosphere for both dealers and collectors. That means affordable tables, minimal admission, reasonably priced autograph guests and a mix of dealers.

And as Peter himself would admit, the best part of shows is the opportunity for interpersonal communication with fellow hobbyists. And if we can only get our hotel to put a little food and drink dispensary for when they stop serving breakfast, we even have a great section in the lobby for collectors to meet before or after they come into the show.

Come on down Peter, and enjoy the conversation, and I'll even let you in for free since you are coming from way out of state
Thank you for the offer Rich! I would certainly attend shows if they were local and had decent content. But those are nonexistent here in Minnesota.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Duluth Eskimo's Avatar
Duluth Eskimo Duluth Eskimo is offline
Ja.son Hugh.es
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,446
Default

You don't think you will get more CJ's from a scrapbook at the mall show? Pretty small minded.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2016, 10:50 AM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is offline
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 8,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
You don't think you will get more CJ's from a scrapbook at the mall show? Pretty small minded.
not exactly sure what you mean by this comment? if you're suggesting I have a good chance of finding quality cards like the cj johnson at mall shows...I beg to differ! Better chance at antique shows/flea markets...but still slim to none!

In 3 decades of collecting this is the first time I've found something like the wajo.

Last edited by ullmandds; 04-19-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM
midmo's Avatar
midmo midmo is offline
Justin
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 431
Default

I went to the Ohio show last weekend and met a few dealers who I will be forwarding my wantlists to. You can make some good connections at shows.

The only ones on my calendar the rest of this year are in St Louis and maybe the National.
__________________
I may have a few things listed on Ebay

74 successful b/s/t transactions
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
upcoming sports card shows columbus ohio? esd10 Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 4 10-23-2015 03:22 PM
where can I find upcoming shows in different states forazzurri2axz Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 05-27-2009 06:34 AM
Any good shows upcoming? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 04-13-2008 12:05 PM
PSA Set Registry calendar Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 7 01-11-2006 09:55 PM
Any Upcoming Card Shows in Southern California? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 06-21-2004 06:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


ebay GSB