NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Default Western Playground set- sold

Posted By: leon

Recently I sold the Western Playground set to a private collector, who wishes to stay that way. It is staying together and both he and I are happy. Please don't ask whom (private email either) as they wish to remain low key and anonymous. I was happy with the price and so were they, obviously. regards all

Old 12-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

So Leon...

I guess now you look like that one guy whose Western Playground card was my favorite:

The guy standing there alone in his overcoat with a sad look on his face... but holding a satchel full of money!

Old 12-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Yeap......

Old 12-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Congratulations Leon, I’m really glad it stayed together and went to someone who want’s to keep it that way.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

And...

I have an eastern playground set with a swing , I'll trade it for your t208 Fireside, ok ?

Old 12-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter Thomas

Leon, congratulations from Chris and I, but I don't know how you could let the guy in the overcoat go.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Thanks....It was tough as that is a very cool card. It really needed to stay together as a full set though. I am not sure if the buyer would have wanted it if it was not complete. I didn't even ask though as the collector in me wanted it to stay together too. There will be more single cards in the future, albeit not that card (Mohler), and I am sure if I try I will be able to get one.....hope you and Chris are well......best regards

Old 12-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Hey Leon- Congrats from me too on selling the set; I know it was perhaps your greatest hobby purchase, so I'm sure you had some mixed feelings about it. But it's a funny thing about the idea of wanting to keep the set together. Once you sell it, anything can happen. The new owner may sell it one day, and then it might head in forty different directions. When I saw my treasured 1883 Harry Wright scorebook torn into pieces by some greedy idiot,I realized that once we sell something it's no longer in our control. Nothing lasts forever, that's just the way it is. But hopefully for awhile it will remain intact as one of the hobby's most exotic sets.

Old 12-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Congrats Leon!

It's always nice to see a transaction where both parties are happy with the end result. Living in New England, I haven't seen any Western Playground cards other than the ones Bill used as the background a few months back. I assume that they were scans from "your find."

Since my focus is with catcher cards, are there any cool catcher cards in the set? I'd love to see scans of any that might exist.

Happy Holidays and Congrats, Patrick

Old 12-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

what part of the card market are you going to corner next?

Merry Christmas.
tbob

Old 12-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Great to hear both parties were happy on this deal. If more people would just buy aftermarket automotive parts I would have been in the running. I guess the lawyers and DOT COM zillionaires are making all the money now

Will the new owner be proudly displaying the set anytime soon? At Nationals, Online, Private viewing, or Major Auction (hope not)..