NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I/we will always listen

Not much to say on the issue right now but I will say that I/we will always listen to thoughts. Greg S. recommended a change a few years ago that we implemented and it helped everyone. (having a separate BST section for ebay and auctions)

I also don't think this is that bad of a place to discuss this issue. Most things (O/T) in moderation aren't that bad. The board is organized better than it used to be imho.....Except for maybe putting the water cooler section below the post sports section, which no one has mentioned, I haven't seen anything mentioned that would be greatly improved with a change (again, imo).

I do very much like the idea of full contact dodge-ball though. Oh the memories....(now THAT is for the water cooler section)....regards
Old 05-26-2011, 12:17 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Not much to say on the issue right now but I will say that I/we will always listen to thoughts. Greg S. recommended a change a few years ago that we implemented and it helped everyone. (having a separate BST section for ebay and auctions)

I also don't think this is that bad of a place to discuss this issue. Most things (O/T) in moderation aren't that bad. The board is organized better than it used to be imho.....Except for maybe putting the water cooler section below the post sports section, which no one has mentioned, I haven't seen anything mentioned that would be greatly improved with a change (again, imo).

I do very much like the idea of full contact dodge-ball though. Oh the memories....(now THAT is for the water cooler section)....regards
Any thoughts on the possibility of adding wresting to the boxing category, or maybe being given it's own category? There's alot of interest in wrestling cards, new or old. I also think that lumping them together could possibly open up many of the wrestling people to the boxing cards and vice versa. For a while there, I think the two kind of went hand in hand, as there were a good amount of boxers(Primo Carnera comes to mind) and athletes from other major sports who turned to pro-wrestling later in their careers. And that trend seems to have come around again with the MMA.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default your wish....

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Any thoughts on the possibility of adding wresting to the boxing category?

Done....Probably wouldn't be enough interest for it's own category so I added /wrestling and took out the timeline since those cards will be quite new. I doubt there will be so many "new" boxing card threads that it will get too bogged down over there. Good suggestion. Easy stuff (like this), I can do. Difficult stuff, the techy guys can do. regards
Old 05-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Patrick N.

Default Hey Leon

Hey Leon, really the only thing that bothers me is the postwar and watercooler together, could you de-couple those two?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
Hey Leon, really the only thing that bothers me is the postwar and watercooler together, could you de-couple those two?

Not sure there is a better place and I don't want another whole new section. I am probably going to ask Brian to see if he can put the Watercooler section under the post-war one.....but those will remain in the same place otherwise for the reason given....regards