NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Default Topps Venezuelan

Posted By: James Feagin

For some reason the Topps Venezuelan series from 1959-1968 holds great interest with me. Has anyone ever seen an unopened pack or wrapper? What are generally considered the toughest years? How much of a premium do examples without back damage have? I'm really looking to start an Orioles team set run....are there checklists available? Heck, I would also be interested to see scans of nicer cards too!

James

Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default Topps Venezuelan

Posted By: Stephen Schauer

Places to check out

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toppsvenezuela

http://www.toppsvenezuela.com this site seems down right now?? but was an excellent site

http://gfg.com/venezuela/ good place to buy

Old 02-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Default Topps Venezuelan

Posted By: Clint

James, as an Orioles collector too, I thought about going after a complete run of Brooks Robinson cards. I haven't pursued it yet but do have the 1967 in fairly decent shape. I remember seeing an uncut sheet of 67's on ebay go for next to nothing with the Robinson on it. I guess I should have bought it.

Clint
[linked image]
[linked image]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default Topps Venezuelan

Posted By: Josh

Those site are indeed good to check out. I set up the Yahoo one.

Anyways, to answer your question, all sets are incredibly difficult to build, and that is not even taking condition into account. The majority of the cards are PR-FR-G because of back damage, glue or tape residue, staining, and wear in general. VG and VG-EX cards are often very nice because they generally lack major damage. EX and EX/MT cards are extremely nice and represent an extremely small percentage of the cards that are found today. And for the rare ones that are NM or better, they are truly exceptional cards.

That said, it is difficult to rank the sets in terms of how tough they are to build because each set has its own nuance that makes it incredibly hard to complete.

The 1966 and 1964 cards are seen in more of an abundance than the other years, but those two particular years are more likely to have major back damage than any other years.

The 1959 cards are seldom seen and are very difficult to find, same with 1960. The 1962 cards have their own issues as well due to a packaging flaw, so they are often heavily damaged, however, there are no particular cards in the 1962 set that were issued in any lower quantities than any other card in the set.

The 1967 MLB portion of the set is only 150 cards, but it is extremely difficult to find certain cards from that set. The 1968 set has a couple cards that are very elusive, while the rest are not that difficult.

If you are not a member of the Yahoo group, you should definitely join it. I have put up a ton of info on there, and there are also lots of great pictures.

-Josh