NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-23-2015, 02:29 PM

Default Seller's crack me up sometimes

So I need 4 commons (not even semi-stars, total commons) to finish my 1973OPC set. A guy on COMC has a typical off-centered/bad edge/low grade version of one for sale for $1.15. What the heck ... condition is a bit less than I'd like ... but I only need 4 ... so I'll offer him a $1.00 for it.

The seller's response ... he rejects my offer!

Too funny.

You're going to turn down a sale of a card that likely won't sell over the next year (or 10?) over 15 cents?

Have to admit I'm still chuckling about that. (And yes, I know one could chuckle because I offered 15 cents less - but honestly, why would you pay asking price for any card on COMC? The seller's know you can make offers and know they can restrict offers they deem too low - so if they are taking the offer rather than generating a computer response, you automatically know you can get a discount on the asking price - so why would you offer full price?)

In any event, I just find it funny that someone rejects a sale of a low demand card over such a trivial difference. Good luck finding another interested buyer!

Patrick
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Comc

The last 15-20 offers that I attempted on COMC were met with the statement - "This seller is not accepting offers at this time". The 1 time I was able to make an offer, the seller counter offered with a price drop of 10 cents. My offer was more than I would have paid for the same card on eBay.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:10 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

And the site has now been completely overrun by Douchebag Dean's Cards.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:59 PM

Me too, rick.

I guess the seller's must be selling to somebody or else they would lower their prices. I still think this 1973 common will be around a LONG time.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

You can make me offers on user mjohnatgt if I have anything you need. I always accept 20% off offers on cards above $2.50. I will also consider up to 50% off and counteroffer if need be, normally to about 75% of original price.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Curt

I have not seen anything I wanted at a "reasonable" price for maybe 6 months now. It seems to have turned into a dumping ground where overpriced cards go to die.

I have heard of some sellers who reject tiny discount offers and turn around and RAISE their asking prices. One did it to me on a $2 autograph of a player who never did anything and has long since retired.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Wes

I agree with mrmopar, its now a dumping ground. You need not worry about space or storage. Need to empty that old drawer at home? Need to make room in your store? Either way, you can dump them on COMC and leave them there forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Well, there are definitely some overpriced cards. But there are also some real bargains. It's important to check the sellers that put their items on sale. Some do regular 75% off sales, so if their prices are normally 100% over book, some days they're half off book price.
I just got a T207 Dixie Walker in VG/EX for $27 and I will be sending it off to PSA. I've also bought a lot of cards to flip. Find the items you like, store them in your watch list, and wait for them to go on sale.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

As far as the OP 15 cents is never worthy of a sale or no sale.

As far as the rest of the comments, I am a new user of COMC. I have found out real quick that when selling you are not suppose to list the cards at what you want because everyone wants to do an offer then to top it off if you ever want to get noticed you have to do a "sale" sometimes so you need the cards listed a little high to accommodate this.

I try and keep my cards priced well, right now though it is only newer cards listed. I have been getting another package ready to send that will have 60s cards also and my objective will be to move them quickly not maximize the profit over a 10 year span.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 04-24-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Dave_Berg

The seller wanted $1.15 and you offer a $1.00. That's what made me chuckle
Old 04-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Fred

I always accept reasonable and sometimes unreasonable offers for the just that reason, the card isn't coming back to me, SELL IT!!!

mouse87

make an offer, I'll sell it