NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default East Coast National show in August

Posted By: Alan

Can I get some objective opinions on the East Coast National show in August ? How much vintage material is there ? How much shiny stuff ? How many dealers ? Are they the same ones that do Ft. Washington ? Bottom line -- is it worth going to ? Thanks very much.

http://www.nyshows.org/next_show

Old 07-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

It depends on what you are looking for. I used to go to these shows religiously a few years ago because they used to have excellent vendors and plenty of them. There is a lot of non-vintage material there, but in recent years I think there are fewer and fewer dealers with quality pre-war merchandise there.

Terry Knouse used to set up and that is where I first started buying 19th century material. I don't think he's gone in about 7 or 8 years and neither have I. You'll probably still find a couple of dealers with some nice 19th century stuff if they have any (Ron Vitro, Glenn Mechanick), but the show is probably most strong for post WW I material.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Moraine

Well,

You will get to meet Paul"Tony" Blair, George "Great" Scott and Denny "Prison time" Mclain. Who the hell are Paul"Tony" Blair and George "Great" Scott? In other words, E.C.N. will probably suck. The baseball these no-namers will sign is probably worth more than there autographs. WTF... 40.00 flat/ball 125.00 for premium item. PLUS he's being advertised as a H.O. F. er. (Rocky Colavito)

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: James Feagin

Rolls eyes Please Adam, you need not need to put your foot in your mouth like you so often do. It is getting frustrating. Sure, Paul Blair is not in the HOF, but he was a cog, a centerpiece do the Orioles dynasty from 1966-1971. He is not Mr. Stats, but his defense was amazing, and his HR to win game 3 of the 1966 World Series is still revered in Orioles land. Hardly a "no name". Denny McLain, 30 game winner, 1968 World Series, enough said.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Without drifting too far off topic, I'd like to respond to the last post. You don't grow up following Tiger Baseball and not know who Denny McClain is and I will add, Mickey Lolitch. Hometown heros!

BTW: Adam, you've been dogged out pretty hard on the PSA boards. I'm not being critical and I'm not pointing fingers, just thought I'd let you know you might want to check their boards if you haven't already.

Brian

Old 07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scott ingold

Adam,

I used to get annoyed reading your dopey posts. But must admit that lately it has become rather humerous to see someone talk so much B.S.....Almost like comedy relief. As for P.Blair and the others they were incredibly good players who were integral parts of there teams in the late 60's and 70's. Why knock someone you don't know ? Would it not be better to ask about them if you don't know who they were ?

By the way you have actually become a topic over on the cu boards. Truly amazing !!!!! Keep it up. After a difficult day at the office it is alway's worth a smile.

Brian,

You you must have seen the same posts as i did last night. Didn't see yours till after i posted mine.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Don't bash Adam too hard...after all in a few years he will be defending such "stars" as Adam Kennedy, Dave Roberts, and Kirk Gibson who he "grew" up seeing win big games with big plays...they may not be HOFers but still stars of the time and when some punk kid mouths off that the signatures Adam so desires are worthless as the memories they generate he will finally understand...

Joshua

Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

I have too gone in the past and found similar experiences. I usually pick up a little something for the collection, but since it's not that far of a drive, worth the while.

There is nothing wrong with George Foster, Denny McClain (31 wins in 1968) or George Scott. Complimentary autographs with admission prices is an excellent incentive. Also, Colavito was an amazing baseball player, an Indian legend and remains an elusive signer who doesn't normally do personal appearences and shuns the mail.

I don't normally look at the PSA Board (me being all Pro-SGC) but that is
some funny "s--t" .Waiting for Adam to respond to his critics.

DJ

P.S GIGA is up .23 cents

Old 07-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim F

I didn't want to be the first to jump on Adam since I do not post here often, but I was very tempted on many times. How can you slam a show you've never been too? Have you ever been to a show? I doubt it by the way you talk. You don't go to shows, you do not buy or sell on Ebay, yet you have an opinion about everything. Even the guys on CU are cutting up your BS. I saw one of your responses on CU asking who Mike Wentz is. If you have to ask that, you have no knowledge what so ever of who is actually reading or responding to your stupid posts and who you are trying to fool with your ridiculous statements. N54 is a friendly place but i think the welcome mat is showing some scuffs. Jim F

Keep begging for that Psa 2 Cobb, even though you can buy 3 a week on ebay pal.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Scotty Ingold, I am, glad that I could humor you. Try not to have too much of a "hard day" at your cushy,"office job" where you prolly sit in front of a computer all day, and do squat. Levine, "punk kid", Ah Josh, reality check, aren't we close to the same age?(24/25) . I was actually being serious about my post. Other than Mclain, Colavito, and Foster I HAVE NOT heard of the other guys. Who were they? Why in the hell is Colavito being billed as a H.O.F er? What are his fees so high? McLain ONE F!@#$% CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT IN 1968. WTF guys. ALL of the autographs I have are ALL H.O.Fers or FUTURE H.O.F.ers.. NO ONE HIT WONDERS!

Best regards,

Adam J.Moraine

Old 07-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ockday

I have gone to this show for almost 20 years. It used to be a great show.
True..it has been pretty weak recently but I have been told by a few dealers that now with the Rothsteins no longer running the show, alot of the dealers of older material who have stayed away recently will be coming back. I'll be there and will report what I find.

Alan

Old 07-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Adam, seriously, I wonder why you bother to speak when you really can be clueless. How can you claim to be a baseball fan and not know who Paul Blair and George Scott are? One hit wonders? Rocky Colavito is a stiff? Was Frank Howard a stiff too? Denny McLain is laughed at? Not only was he the last guy to win 30, but he won a couple of Cy Youngs and an MVP. Doesn't this stuff mean anything to you?

Honestly, when I was 24 I mostly kept my mouth shut and listened to those with more experience. It wouldn't hurt you to do the same sometime instead of insisting upon posting just to see your post up there. I honestly don't want you to take my criticism as anything more than that because I'm sensitive to your age and relative ignorance. I just think you could be more respectful to those who really honor baseball history around here.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Gee, what a surprise net54 members login to psa message board with different user names and talk ****. WHY? just because I like quality cards and autographs instead of **** that would be sitting in my fireproof safe for years, or a ball signed by some no-name schmo on display for years because NO ONE wants to buy the ****. Good luck selling a ball signed by Paul Blair and George Scott. (Adam Smirks)By the way, who came up with the idea that I buy 1951 Bowmans PSA 7 or higher. Oh Yeah, another smartass joke. I'd rather have a 1951 Bowman Mantle PSA 7 or higher, than a T-206 H.O.F. PSA 1 (NOT including Wagner, Plank,) WHY??? IT WOULD GENERATE MORE INCOME AT AUCTION. I AM IN IT FOR THE $$$$ GUYS! You guys spout-off about collecting because of your "love for the hobby".I say BULL!@#$ , I see the scans of cards you guys have. Your NOT fooling anyone, It's all about the MONEY these damn cards would bring in, IF consigned to MASTRO, CHRISTIES OR SOTHEBYS.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Edited to say, I just looked up the value of Denny Mclain's 1965 Topps r/c a whopping $25.00 (Source BBCM)

Old 07-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Keep posting Adam maybe you can become famous on the Beckett boards as well. Why not just listen. I'm 34 and am learning from these guy's every day.

By the way, thanks to all you senior posters or experianced guy's. For someone who is just getting back into pre war it has been an invaluable lesson coming here.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Adam, you might be surprised to learn that a lot of people who post here regularly have enough money to buy whatever the hell they want - regardless of the resale value -- and STILL are able to afford that mansion in Greenwich.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Kasel

Adam - "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." At no time has this phrase rang more true. This was quote is attributed to the likes of Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, and Albert Einstein. Abraham Lincoln was one of the greatest President's of our country and helped emancipate the slaves, Mark Twain is considered one of the best writer of all time (maybe you know him as Samuel Clemens), and Albert Einstein is regarded as one of the most intelligent people in history. I state this because you seem to not know one single person who is discussed on this board.

I am 32 and learning every day from the great pool on knowledge on this board. You are contributing nothing to my learning or enjoyment and wouldn't mind it if you just went away. Then again, it's nice to see that someone is more of a knucklehead than I was at 16.

Thanks to everyone who contributes knowledge to the board.

Bill

"The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert"

Old 07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Administrator

This is a Forum built for the love of collecting. Most of the people here look to obtain cards for the collection and also come to obtain information.
I have never heard Hal, Leon or Julie discuss dollar signs on the Board.

I don't look at cards as $$$$ and don't yell at me because my e107 Tenney is folded over and not a PSA9. You could offer me $10K for it and I'd pass. The day I finally complete my T206 collection, I will let the board know about it and they will congratulate me on my monumental feat.

I'm somewhat young in age but I do have knowledge in the business and I do have a lot of respect and love for the game of baseball itself. I'm learning everyday from my fellow Board Members. The e107 thread was an amazing education in itself for me and I thank Brian and the Board Members for that.

I love the fact that collector's in their twenties and thirties are interested in Pre-War Baseball Cards and this Forum. Skaters are reading this site! It's Great!

I have a tremendous amount of "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" for the fellow members of this Board and by reading your threads today (and even in the past), this is something you truly lack and fail to understand. You are alone in the way you think on this Board.

I never had a problem with you Adam. I never attacked you in the past. You are famous for being negative and basically bashing anything you don't understand. I find it amusing when you contradict yourself. But after today, I really don't understand why you are here with your way of thinking?

Who cares if Denny McClain's rookie card is worthless? What difference does that make really? How does that take away from his achievements on the field on that fine year?

I think we can officially call this a "thread hi-jack"/Intervention.

DJ

Old 07-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JudgeDred2

Now, what about that "East Coast National show in August".....

Old 07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

My Denny McClain rookie card I had autographed in 1989 means more to me than most of my other "high dollar" cards do. I'd be surprised if anyone offered me $20 for the card, but for $20 I'll show it to you and tell you all about the day that 11 year kid got to meet Denny McClain and Lou Boudreau.

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/library/open/hof/boudreau_lou.wmv

Old 07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Jeff L,

OTHERS' individual wealth DOES NOT impress me too much.Most were probably "born" into money, and NOT self made. It takes ALOT more than "others" born wealth to impress me......... ALOT MORE

Best regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Edited to say... I have TONS of respect for SELF MADE millionaires. And barely NONE at all for those who had there wealth handed to them on a silver platter. WHY? because they DID NOT earn there wealth.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Administrator

I have TONS of respect for SELF MADE millionaires. And barely NONE at all for those who had there wealth handed to them on a silver platter. WHY? because they DID NOT earn there wealth.

??????

Again, we're talking about collecting and again you bring up $$$$. There are a lot of people here that are happy to win a T206 in horrible collection for $8 just to own one and have made a nice small collection of cards that are 100 years old. You don't have to be a millionaire to collect. When I was twelve years old, I couldn't afford a Willie Mays rookie but I worked all summer and bought a nice example for $100.

You have wealthy people reading this all the way to shoe string budgets. It doesn't matter. When you berade people and tell them that everything is junk unless it's worth something, well that collides with what this Forum is all about.

DJ

Back to the topic at hand:

The East Coast National is worth going depending on how far away you live. I don't think I would fly to the event from another State. I would wait until late September for the Ft. Washington Show. Signing autographs at that show? Sal Bando and Ken Griffey Sr. (hope I didn't open up a can of 'those guys suck'). The ECN tends to bring forth too much "new", not enough "old". There is a dealer list on the link of who will be showing up to the ECN.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Administrator

No problem with Griffey Sr. Hell, he helped reproduce Ken Griffey, Jr. A FUTURE H.O.F. er !

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator

First off, I am not 24 and 25...I am 33. People around here do not know my history very well but I want you to understand something. I love baseball. The memories I have with my grandfather and father are worth more to me than my SGC 20 Cobb Red Portrait (yes, I do have one and plan to sell it but to people I respect). The memories that people have of the players you bashed are precious to them. Ever wonder why guys like VanderMeer, Dooin, Chase, Frank Howard, Don Larsen, Bobby Thompson, Johnny Pesky, etc. are still popular today? It is because of the memories. People love memories like you love money. I know this may be hard for you to grasp but it happens. Would you trade the memory of your daughter being born for a Million Dollars? Of course not (at least I hope not).

Another thing I think you might want to learn is respect (I hope you really take this to heart). When I started my research into the Phillies list I was given some great advice by a very advanced collector I had the pleasure of trading with, Jim Montgomery. He told me to talk to the old time collectors and listen twice as much to what they have to say. As a result, by the time I was 24 I had talked and bought from Terry Knouse, Gar Miller, Frank Nagy, Lew Lipsett, Jim and Ginny (can not remember their names), Rob Lifson, Kit Young, and others. I listened long and hard to their stories and advice. It is important to show respect because there will always be someone with more knowledge (or money) than you. Always.

One last thing. Up until the last year, I have kept a fairly low profile but was lured out into the open by a friend of mine who said my Phillies collection and my t205 research might be of value to new collectors. I was young once. In fact, I was the youngest in my trading group for many years. I always listened. Now I am a little older and implore you to listen to people. When someone asks a question you know nothing about, don't answer but if you feel compelled to, think about your answer first.

Also remember that baseball is a game that is built upon it's past. Learn that past, even the little plays have consequences for years to come. Colavito probably would have been a Hall of Famer. Look up why he is not and think about the impact (no pun) that had on the Indians and Cardinals of the '60s.

Joshua

Old 07-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich

Anyone know if this is a good place to pick up some Gaetti's? I'm trying to complete my collection that spans 3 different decades.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Joshua:

I believe the last names you are looking for are Jim Maxwell and Ginny Caputo. Great folks. Got quite a few cards from them myself.

Kevin

Old 07-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Adam,

Just to let you know since you seem to have a problem with anyone who has money or was born with it. I do have some and would be considered comfortable by most standereds. But thats not the point you can't lump everyone in together who has it.My family has been in the commercial fishing buisness for three generations, and believe me you will never work harder or take more risks for your $'s. Yes we have done very well but that is do to the buisness being well managed and wise real estate investments over the years. This is something i contiue to do and hopefully my children as well. Please don't knock people for inheriting unless you know what it entailed or people who work in office's.
What do you do ? I remember a comment about your gradparents house and owing no $. Also most of us probably don't live home with grandyma or grandypa. Get out on your own before you throw stones at other people.
Seriously why not just listen to others about this great hobby instead of bashing???????????

Old 07-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Scott I,

In regards to my grandmother, and late grandfather who had raised myself. TRUST ME, they have done A LOT for myself, and I have done a great deal for them as well.More than you could understand. To the point that I deserve to remain in our family home after my grandmother passes. BOTH, she and my grandfather knew what true hard were. They were both born into poor families, and both were born during the great depression-era, and knew what hard times were growing up.Financially, they were always strapped for cash.Although, they had good careers, they raised six children of there own, and then myself. They busted there rears through hard work, made double house payments every month, and paid off our family home rather quickly.Therefore, I have a true appreciation for hard work, and strong work ethic.I will never slap hard work or work ethic in the face. As long as YOU know what hard work and work ethic TRULY are.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Adam;

Do you actually collect cards or just come here to bum us out? Here’s a shock even though I’m aware that my collection has monetary value the emotional value far outshines that of its potential sale price. Adam I collect because I love collecting its not about the money. Every time I sell a card I’m heart broken no matter how much I have made. I know there are others here who feel the same.

As far as your cheap shots towards anyone who has more than you and where they stand on the Adam J. Morine scale of impressing you I could give a rat’s ass. I unlike you don’t belittle people’s wealth or success for any reason, no matter if they were born with it or earned it flipping burgers.

So before you open up your cheap shots about my work ethics or financial situation lean back in your chair and sit on your hands so you cant type a reply that once again makes you look like a obnoxious-know-it-all-jackass. I for one am getting a bit tired of your antics. Were not here to impress you or gain your respect Adam the quicker you understand that the better off you will be.

Regards,

John

Old 07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Administrator

John, (Wonkaticket)

Here is something that YOU and EVERYONE else should know. In MY world, RESPECT is something that you EARN. It's NOT given. I DO NOT GIVE anyone respect. They have to EARN it!

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

“I DO NOT GIVE anyone respect” Adam J. Morine

That’s obvious now tell us something we don’t know.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Back in 2000 when I was 24, I took a look in person at John aka Wonkaticket's card collection at a shop I worked for. I was in awe, I have never seen such a collection in my life. What was even cooler than that were the stories behind it, and how his collection was self-made, even at a young age. I went home, looked at my meager 20 G-VG t206 cards and thought they were nothing. HOWEVER, I have changed, and I wouldn't trade my collection for anyones. I'm still around 20 t206 commons, but it is my collection and effort, I love baseball, and I love my collection. I have been fortunate enough to learn from some very wise collectors. There are more than a few people on this board who have "million dollar" collections. More than I could ever attain. They have Old Judge HOFers everywhere, I have my one example. The best part about these very wealthy people is how humble they are. Their treasure is in baseball and the time invested in their collection. You can't take any money or cards with you to your grave. However, you can take what you've passed on, and the legacy you left. Respect is something that should be given to everyone. It is not to be "earned" by whatever weird criteria you might come up with. Civility and kindness are timeless attributes. How much better are you than another person that they have to fit some mind-numbing criteria. I remember John handed out a t205 common to some little kid at the shop that day, it absolutely made his day? John showed respect to that kid, and that kid will remember that. He taught me a valuable lesson that day.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mantle52topps

I really am wondering if your "Self-Absorbtion" has begun to taint your ability to determine the difference between reality and fantasy.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Adam, Your grandparents obviously did not teach you one thing and that is that respect should not be earned initially.

Respect is something that should be freely given at any time. The way you KEEP respect is by earning it. I respected your opinions and views until the day you lost it by attacking my collecting habits and my friends. You have lost my respect...do not worry though...you do have a chance to earn it back.

-Joshua

PS Kevin...Caputo and Maxwell is correct. I got some great mail auciton winnings from them and some sales on the side as well. Great people and was upset when they stopped running their auctions.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Just to chime in:

1. Adam - to think that someone on this board is logging into the psa board simply to start a thread about you is absurd and a bit paranoid. It should be fairly obvious by now that no one on this board is afraid to say what they have to say right here.

2. I work in an office and earn a decent living - I worked damn hard and spent 25 years of my life in school educating myself to get where I am today. The last thing I need or want to hear is someone tell me that my job is a cush job b/c I have an office. If it were so easy, Im sure you'd be in an office as we speak. Simply put, your comments about things you dont know or understand are insulting.

3. I could care less about the money I could make if I sold my cards. I love the cards and have an incredibly difficult time parting with them. For example, I bought a scrap book page with some nice E121's glued to the page, one of which was Waite Hoyt (b/f you ask, he was a HOF pitcher from the 20's and 30's). I got the paige for about $75. After soaking the cards and removing them from the page, the Hoyt was graded an SGC 60 and is probably worth close to $400 or more. I could sell and, on a percentage basis, make a killing. I have no intention of doing so - I like the card too much. The only time I sell my cards is when I need the money to pay for other cards that I would prefer more.

4. Fourth, though they would probably never respond about this in defense of themselves, most of the truly wealthy people on this board that I am aware of are self-made and not trust fund babies (as if it really matters how they got their money anyway or makes them any more or less worthy of respect).

5. Finally, as someone mentioned above, you do seem to contradict yourself at every turn. You hate poorly conditioned T206s except wagner and plank yet have begged for months for someone to find a red cobb portrait in a psa 1 or 2 for you to purchase - which is it? I also have it on fairly good authority that you have turned down other collectors who have offered to find one for you. I dont get it - when I bought my red cobb, I went to ebay and got one. They are plentiful.

To get back to "on topic" - where is the east coast nat'l usually held?

Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

The show is held in White Plains NY. at least it used to be, haven't been in years...i remember it as a dark and rather hot Gymnasium type of facility..with an expensive admission price.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

This show is going to be a lot different than in the past because Gloria Rothstein is out of the picture. A lot of dealers have told me that they are thrilled she is gone and know that others will return. So, I am expecting a lot of vintage dealers this time around. We'll see...

I'm just happy SGC will be coming so close to my home (I live about 10 minutes from the Westchester County Center). I have been compiling a ton of T206 cards to have graded by them, but didn't want to pay for the shipping.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Hey Josh Levine,

First of all, there are net54 members logging on to the PSA message board and talking **** about me. These members include 2dueces and aloof1003@comcast.net.So there goes your "chime in" statement(#1) shot down. BOTH of whom, I KNOW FOR A FACT ARE ACTIVE NET 54 MEMBERS. Why doesn't BOTH 2Dueces and Aloof go and blow me. Add that to your little message board post, *******s.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

2DUECES= JOE BRENNAN
ALOOF= NOT SURE YET. BUT IS A NET54 MEMBER.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Mr. Moraine from the Board. Anyone second this motion?

Old 07-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Administrator

T-206 Collector,

We are ALL board members by CHOICE. NOT by "nomination". Therefore, I CAN NOT be removed from this forum because of MY OPINIONS. IF that were the case we would not even have a Net54 forum.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I don't like Bob Feller because he signs too often and his autographs aren't worth anything

Old 07-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Feller's autographs as follows:

3x5 card- 8.00
8 x 10 photo- 20.00
b&w h.o.f plaque postcard- 30.00
gold h.o.f. plaque postcard- 15.00
Perez-Steele card- 30.00
single signed ball- 35.00
single signed bat- 85.00

P.S. I am sure Feller wouldn't give a crap about you either. To Feller, your probably in the same league as Pete "1800-BETS-OFF" Rose. Hell, Feller had done and accomplished more in WW 2 than you probably ever will in your lifetime.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Yeah, but Feller can't make any of us any money - unless he delivered a Ryder truck full of signed 8x10s to us and let us liquidate them; and even then we'd probably only make enough money to buy a month's worth of landscaping in East Hampton.

Adam, I think you need to appreciate that you're the only one who posts here who is concerned about money first, second and third and baseball last. And again, I'll give you some advice that is priceless: if you think you're going to make big bucks from buying and selling baseball-related stuff instead of in your day job, you're sadly mistaken.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Administrator

"Add that to your little message board post, *******s" is not an opinion. It is a further spurious comment that we are all growing very sick and tired of. Every time you make a statement that we are all a part of the Network54 community, a shiver goes up my spine because you include yourself in that community.

At some point your words will earn you banishment from this board, that much is clear. I just wanted to state for the record that I believe you crossed that line some time ago.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Administrator

You know, all I care about is money. Who cares about Bob Feller, his autograph only sells for a couple of dollars. He is nothing but an investment to me. Seriously, you didn't get the point which doesn't surprise me. You are a walking/talking contradiction. If you step back, regroup, and come back and try to learn something, and be humble about it, the folks here will probably welcome you with open arms. However, I fear that won't happen.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Administrator

that Adam can not distinguish between two different people. Josh K. made the statements. I am talking about respect. To answer your statements anyway...your opinions are welcome as long as they are set in a way that is not offensive to the general populace of the board. If you had said , "I am not attending the White Plains show because I have no interest in the autograph guests," things would have been far different. But you choose to voice your opinions (again) in a very negative and rude way. (I now feel like I am talking to my first grade class and teaching a lesson in civility)

As to Feller, I have met the man several times and he always showed respect to me. Maybe you ought to take a lesson from your sign in. There is an old hobby joke...

What is the most expensive piece of memorabilia?
Something that is NOT signed by Feller.

I wish Leon were around to set things straight.

Joshua

Old 07-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

i agree with jlevine here 100%if an opion is expressed about things in a civil manor there is no problem.but a totally ignorant post over something/someone one knows nothing about is not right. any player who made it to the major leagues (or minors) deserves the respect of a poster on a board that is in fact all about the game of baseball.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Adam you might as well vent as much as possible now because once the moderators get back from the National youre as good as gone from the board.I know theyve got a few emails from people i talked to and i didnt talk to anyone who you talked directly to in this thread so i can imagine what Leon has waiting for him when he gets back.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Remember--with his photograph...oh--he said there was a slim chance. Maybe it panned out. YURG.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Administrator

John,

There is NOTHING wrong with having a difference of opinion. There is NOTHING wrong with defending your opinions, which is the only thing that I have done. When Leon gets back from the Natl' WHY do not you tell him what REALLY started this from the first place. 1. My unterest in "common player" autograph guests. 2. My not knowing who "common players" of the 1970's were. 3.Everyone thinking I have NO baseball knowledge, just because I Do not know who a couple of no-namers are(George &Blair). I have wrote to Geo. Foster before, he's a great guy.

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Oh Yeah, why don't you give Leon the link to PSA board where Joe Brennan trash talks me. After all, fair IS fair. And turn about IS fair play... RIGHT???

Old 07-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

That you think George Scott and Paul Blair are "no-namers" or "common players" perfectly demonstrates your lack of baseball knowledge. Just because a player isn't in the Hall of Fame hardly makes him "common".

Even being in the Hall doesn't necessarily mean a player was great - just take a look at some of the old Giants that are in there like Travis Jackson, Fred Lindstrom, and George Kelly...there are many players who aren't in the Hall who were much better than they were.