NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 02-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Raymond Culpepper

Default What's the Worst Movie You Ever Saw?

I've seen a lot I waiting on...to get better...sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't.

My all-timer, however, is 'The Dinner' staring Richard Gere and Laura Linney.

I've enjoyed the work of both of those actors before, but they did nothing to save this one.

Honorable Mention to "Kong: Scull Island" because Kong was so very obviously a man in a 'gorilla suit'.

The proper gorilla body type and movement was on full display in Pete's Jackson's masterful update of "King Kong". Sure there was a lot of CGI involved, but the results were much more like an actual gorilla.

Just as bad as 'The Dinner', in retrospect, was the second Jaws installment, in which the shark somehow tracks a woman from New England to the Bahamas.

...at least I didn't rent that one.

MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I love the first Slapshot movie but Slapshot 2 and 3 were among the worst movies ever made.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:20 AM

Default worst

"Gone With the Wind".
Old 02-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Al Richter

Battleship Earth
Old 02-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Яоь

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Looking for one card for each of the following (SGC only):
e94 Blome's Chocolates
e98 Old Put Cigar
e99 Bishop & Co.
e100 Bishop & Co.
e104 Nadja
e105 Mello-Mint
e107 Breisch Williams

Successful transactions:
aconte, brianp-beme, Luke
Old 02-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Al Richter

Default Jaws Sequels

Raymond-- the second Jaws movie was passable. It still had Rory Scheider and was still set in Amity. The 3d was set in some water park setting and had Dennis Quad.

The 4th movie was the one you mentioned, The Revenge. I think it was made because Lorraine Gary, who played the wife of Chief Brody in 1 & 2, was in real life the wife of the head of the studio that produced all 4 movies and he tried to resurrect his wife's career and the franchise with the movie.

Agree it was a stinker. 3 was pretty bad too. In that one when one guy gets eaten the camera goes inside the shark
Old 02-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Steve Birmingham

Worst I ever saw was "no nukes". My friends dragged me to it in Highschool because it had Springsteen in it. I wasn't really sure who he was at the time, but they were all like "we gotta see THE BOSS and he's in this movie.

Being in Mass, where the films intent was popular, I didn't expect so see people standing up after maybe 5-10 minutes loudly declaring how much it sucked and demanding their money back as they left.

Once it got -Finally- to the Springsteen part, which was a huge disappointment. I told them off a bit and left.

Only movie I ever walked out of, and I've seen some really awful ones.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:53 PM

Either The Fountain by Aronofsky or The Black Dahlia. Black Dahlia was the only movie I've ever walked out of. I wanted to walk out of The Fountain but my friend inexplicably liked it.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:06 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Recently It Comes at Night rings a bell.

The title contained 3 lies

There was no It, it never came, and it was during the day.

"Trolling Ebay right now"
Old 02-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Raymond Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Raymond-- the second Jaws movie was passable. It still had Rory Scheider and was still set in Amity. The 3d was set in some water park setting and had Dennis Quad.

The 4th movie was the one you mentioned, The Revenge. I think it was made because Lorraine Gary, who played the wife of Chief Brody in 1 & 2, was in real life the wife of the head of the studio that produced all 4 movies and he tried to resurrect his wife's career and the franchise with the movie.

Agree it was a stinker. 3 was pretty bad too. In that one when one guy gets eaten the camera goes inside the shark

Al- I forgive myself for not being more familiar with that trash...perhaps it was my memory defending my sanity, by just reminding me to hate all the jaws sequels.

If you want to rid your mind of such accurate recall of all that garbage, I would recommend heavy drinking, or if that doesn't work, a lobotomy.

MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.