NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Jeff Sherman

Default PSA buy back?

Does PSA still buy back cards which are so horribly misgraded as to be embarrassing to be seen in public? I've got one: a 1941 Goudey graded PSA 7 (no q), where it is so far miscut that the team and player names are on top, above the player photo. So, I'm wondering what to do with it, but I thought I recalled something about PSA buying such atrocities back..... anyone know?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Ni,ck Miku.licich Jr

Default You can have them buyback, or

You can have them regrade it with the proper grade and make up the difference to you in grading vouchers. I had them regrade 5 cards for downgrading for me, and received $110 in grading vouchers to make up for the difference in value, which was fair value.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Chris Buckler

Default Buy Backs

I think PSA is getting much more stringent on buying back cards. I bought a PSA 7 Banks rookie a few years ago, noticed it was badly trimmed and PSA bought the card back. Two months ago I got a T3 with a pin hole in a PSA 4. I sent it in for review and they called me stating pin holes were standard for the issue and can grade as high as a 4, which is complete bs.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I think PSA is getting much more stringent on buying back cards. I bought a PSA 7 Banks rookie a few years ago, noticed it was badly trimmed and PSA bought the card back. Two months ago I got a T3 with a pin hole in a PSA 4. I sent it in for review and they called me stating pin holes were standard for the issue and can grade as high as a 4, which is complete bs.
Sure thing, All of my 4's have pinholes
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM

How does SGC respond to buy back requests? I have a card I think they made a mistake on. I contacted the seller but agree with him that it's not his mistake and that if SGC mis-graded a card it should be their responsibility to remedy the situation. I paid $300 for the card. I definitely don't want a $300 grading voucher.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Fred

Just what I'd want .... Let's give them the opportunity to screw up more grades or worse yet, destroy your collection by allowing the item to feely "float" around the holder. I'd check to see if the grading credit is transferrable and then try to get 50 cents on the dollar for the voucher.