NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Have fun Joshua and others. To be clear I didn't start this board. There were 2 people before me, Elliot B who actually did start it, and Bill C, who ran it for 1-2 yrs. But for the last 15 yrs or so, with two other mods, Dan and Brian, we have moderated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
Thanks for creating this board Leon!

Taking the read across, it seems many of us prefer to push the time up. So we are finalizing the time. I would say 11AM* to 3PM. No more changes.

As an update, I have sent out both an evite and a email of the venue location and time. If you have not received it and are interested in attending, please send me your email and I will add you onto the list..

*Food will be available at noon though (not sure if I will get there by 11).
Old 03-23-2018, 02:22 PM
K Farrell

Joshua - I just sent a PM. Sounds like fun. We don't get much baseball card action in SoCal. I wish that we could turn it into a small show like Adam set up a few years ago.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:44 PM

Default sorry to miss

Sorry to miss this, but I'll be on the East Coast that weekend examining the upcoming Huggins and Scott Auction lots. Hopefully the next So. Cal meet up will work for me. Have fun.

Josh Wulkan
Greg Morris Cards, Inc.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:45 AM

I live in Virginia, but will be in LA at least quarterly going forward and will definitely try to attend future meet ups.

Andy
Old 04-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Joshua

Hi guys. Final reminder as our meet up is just two weeks away. Got a great showing so far!

For those who have sent interest, please update your rsvp on evite or email me (if you don’t do evite) so I can get a headcount. Sending out a reminder today.

If you want to come and have not received an email/evite from me, please email me at Joshua.nip@gmail.com.

Josh
626-240-8138

Last edited by joshuanip; 04-14-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:15 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
Hi guys. Final reminder as our meet up is just two weeks away. Got a great showing so far!

For those who have sent interest, please update your rsvp on evite or email me (if you don’t do evite) so I can get a headcount. Sending out a reminder today.

If you want to come and have not received an email/evite from me, please email me at Joshua.nip@gmail.com.

Josh
626-240-8138
Josh, I'm really looking forward to this, and thank you for all the effort you are putting into this. I think this will be a great start to building a collectors community (as opposed to individuals) here in Southern California. Maybe in a few years they may even re-think having another Nationals out here.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 04-23-2018, 06:05 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Just a reminder that the meetup is this Saturday. If you haven't gotten an invite yet and you're in the LA area shoot Josh or myself a pm.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Joshua

Hi guys,

Got a lot of feedback all over the map on format of the meeting and what to bring.

Regarding format, got a number of inquiries if this was a show and tell and/or buy sell trade. I got comments that were just buyers, and others requesting if they can sell or trade. In the interest of trying to make this as successful as possible, I say lets have all of the above. I think if we can get a few people's wish lists fulfilled and/or create a few new trading partners (with a face to go along with it), it would make this meeting even more successful.

On what to bring. I initially tried to provide people's collecting interests on the original email, but the list sort of sprawled from there, so please forgive me if I missed some people. There has been expressed interest on pre-1900's stuff, tobacco era cards, pre-war and post-war HOF cards, pre-war football/basketball, memorabilia, and modern. I know that is a pretty wide net, but there were a lot of responses that said they collect everything...I'm guessing no one is bringing their 1980/90's cards...

That said, there have been some that asked what to bring. I would open that up to you guys. There has been some responses already on evite, but would love to get feedback from you guys to help each other out what to bring. If willing to provide what your interests, items looking to buy/trade and items you may be bringing to sell/trade, please do so in the comment section of the evite. Please PM me if you did not receive the evite, or do not use evite and I will post your PM for you.

Look forward to seeing you guys!
Old 04-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Anthøny N. ex

That was fun!
Huge thanks to Joshua Nip for putting this together and for catering lunch.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:59 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

We need to do this again! Thanks Joshua and Anthony for hosting. Pretty exciting to see some of the guys from on here and some fantastic cards, memorabilia, etc. Great chicken and ribs as well!

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 04-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Picts

Lots of nice STUFF.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0393.jpg (72.3 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0395.jpg (74.5 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (74.6 KB, 278 views)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:16 PM

Way to go Westside. It’s funny ours was same day as yours. Very cool experience, no? And definately something to grow - east or west. But the one thing that concerns me is chicken and ribs???!!!! We had crummy pizza and salad (sounds like the Eastside host really sucked!). Congrats guys
Old 04-28-2018, 10:41 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Joshua and Anthony deserve a big “Thank You”. The get together was a lot of fun. For me, it was great to see friends who I have not seen in a while, and to put faces to names for people who I have corresponded with in the past, in some cases for decades. Well done guys!
Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 PM
K.J. Kin0$hit@

Yes, it was great meeting everyone and I definitely had a great time. Thank you very much Joshua and Anthony for putting this together. I look forward to the next meetup.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Thanks guys. And thanks to everyone who turned up. We should make this a card club meeting.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-29-2018, 12:50 AM

A great time with a great group of guys.
Thanks to all for their efforts.
Looking forward to the next one.
Sincerely, Andy Sandler
Old 04-29-2018, 11:05 AM
A.J. Johnson

Joshua you da man! The bbq spread was awesome. Thanks for putting it all together and for Senor Nix for hosting. I think MVP goes to Ed Skelton (EDJS) for bringing all that killer stuff for sale. It was great seeing Jay Miller, Bruce Babcock, Andy Sandler (Adam's long lost cousin), Rick Clemons, Bill Cornell, Jason Miller and Adam Warshaw.
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 04-29-2018, 03:01 PM
Bruce Babcock

Default Thanks!

Thanks to Joshua and Anthony for putting this thing together. Good food, saw some old friends and met some new ones, saw some nice cards. And didn't have to fly to get there . . .
Old 04-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Rick Clemens

A fun experience. The get together was a good chance to speak face to face with old friends and connect with people who I have dealt with and never met. I believe everyone who went had a terrific time. Joshua and Anthony did a great job . Anthony's has an incredibly cool space and the bbq food was delicious.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:18 PM
$cotty @.utin

Awesome experience and great chance to see some beautiful collections. Great food and great guys...Look forward to the next one!

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 04-29-2018, 11:36 PM
David M.

Looks like I missed a fun event. I look forward to attending the next one.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:07 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

Cool idea, looks fun. I’d be more than down if there’s ever one in the Midwest. And I’d probably need to add quite a few cards to my collection in order to have anything to trade

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE