NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Default Beware! 1986-87 Fleer Collector's: Fake Jordan's

Posted By: Lance

This is the third card in two weeks this guy has sold. Please pass the word along to all the other boards you belong to. The first 2 sold for over $300 each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320210367302&_trksid=p2761.l1259

His response to my questioning the authenticity:

Dear bamacollection,

I don't have to answer any of your questions as you are on my "blocked bidders" list! Have a good night.

- makingmorecash Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

By the way, I have 15 high grade 86-87's in 1 lot on Ebay right now. SGC 88-92's.

Thanks, Lance

Old 01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

The inexorable reappearance of the monolith.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

How do you detect these?
have they made their way into holders of any of the larger companies?

All help is appreciated, as I see myself in the market for one sometime in the not terribly distant future...
Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve F

Great!

Finally a chance to bump that annoying typo requesting a 1957 Russell happy.gif

Some, but certainly NOT every way to spot a fake 23;

Fake version extra glossy and uses a slightly different font than the real cards. The registration is also not as sharp. Of course you'll need a hi-res, graded example for comparison.

The UV light test is useless.

Front Fleer logo is printed in a taller, thinner style, with the bottom of the R nearly touching the edge of red crown.

Also, the word Premier is a lighter, thinner style, appears more grayish than black. The fakes' black border lines are thin and light, and the card is a lighter weight stock.

Card back; Print and the logos are decent enough, but one major flaw is the bull's eyes are closed. On the real card, the whites of each eye will be visible. On this counterfeit these areas are almost completely filled in with blue ink.

Unless Frankie Fleer himself sold me a sealed box of these from the door of his estate, I would never buy a raw Jordan nowadays. The mid-graded examples are presentable, affordable and eliminate the risk and authentication fees.

Spamtime; I have one for sale 9(oc) which hurts it for many registry guys. I haven't the guts to crack and resub for fear it'll get dinged by a sloppy grader.