NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-09-2014, 12:56 PM

Default Pricerealized.com Launches!!!

Hello Net54Baseball Members

Pricerealized.com a news sports card and memorabilia auction price database has launched. With more than $1 billion in historical auction prices realized dating back more than 20 years our database is truly one of a kind. Please visit www.pricerealized.com to create a FREE account to check out the functionality of our database today.

Thanks

The PriceRealized Team
Old 09-09-2014, 01:29 PM

Nice service, tried signing up but have not received the email confirmation so I can start using it. Anyone else using it yet?
Old 09-09-2014, 01:32 PM

Being that i've used VCP in the past, how does this service differ?
Does the data cover more than the auction houses listed on your site? How about eBay sales?
Old 09-09-2014, 01:56 PM

Hi Drift

Im not sure if you are still waiting to receive your confirmation email but if your are please email me at contact@pricerealized.com so we can get your problem sorted out.

Regarding your second question, we differ from VCP in many ways but the biggest difference between us would be that our database contains results from both cards and memorabilia from auctions dating back to 1991 from auction houses both active and defunct.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks
Old 09-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price Realized View Post
Hello Net54Baseball Members

Pricerealized.com a news sports card and memorabilia auction price database has launched. With more than $1 billion in historical auction prices realized dating back more than 20 years our database is truly one of a kind. Please visit www.pricerealized.com to create a FREE account to check out the functionality of our database today.

Thanks

The PriceRealized Team
Dear Price Realized,

Who runs this site? Can you please provide us with your actual contact info? A Free account to ck out functionality seems like there are rates to use it going forward. Can you please provide details here prior to us spending time giving you our info without any from you?
Not trying to be a turd.. it just typically works out that way(haha).. but I am wanting more info prior personally. I just think it is odd that there is no identity of any kind given.
It sounds like a nice service though if it was all free with no strings attached.

Ben Weingarten

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 09-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Dear Price Realized,

Who runs this site? Can you please provide us with your actual contact info? A Free account to ck out functionality seems like there are rates to use it going forward. Can you please provide details here prior to us spending time giving you our info without any from you?
Not trying to be a turd.. it just typically works out that way(haha).. but I am wanting more info prior personally. I just think it is odd that there is no identity of any kind given.
It sounds like a nice service though if it was all free with no strings attached.

Ben Weingarten

Hi Ben

My name is Jeremy Cypres and i am running the site with my father Gary Cypres. The about us section of the site has some more information. Regarding the subscription model, we are operating on a freemium model so you can sign up for free (never giving us any payment information) and view data from 2012/13/14. Feel free to email me at jcypres@pricerealized.com if you have any other questions.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price Realized View Post
Hi Ben

My name is Jeremy Cypres and i am running the site with my father Gary Cypres. The about us section of the site has some more information. Regarding the subscription model, we are operating on a freemium model so you can sign up for free (never giving us any payment information) and view data from 2012/13/14. Feel free to email me at jcypres@pricerealized.com if you have any other questions.
Perfect.. Thanks Jeremy and good luck!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 09-09-2014, 05:31 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

The only thing that loads for me is your logo. The remainder of the page is blank

Sounds like a great service, though...
Old 09-09-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
The only thing that loads for me is your logo. The remainder of the page is blank

Sounds like a great service, though...

Just sent you a private message.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default same for me

in past blank page now just logo page and no ability to follow any of the lower 4/5 links....
Old 09-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Dan Bretta

The free service seems to me like you're giving up the most valuable info for no charge. Outside of curiosity I'm not sure why anyone would care what a card, bat or photo sold for 20 years ago, but they can use the last three years of info to make decisions about buying and/or selling.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Default nice site

It's working just fine for me, except that I notice that I missed an item that I need from an auction last June. Impressed, but still a little bummed out.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:46 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The free service seems to me like you're giving up the most valuable info for no charge. Outside of curiosity I'm not sure why anyone would care what a card, bat or photo sold for 20 years ago, but they can use the last three years of info to make decisions about buying and/or selling.
It will be a tremendous resource for me...

1. Will help me remember what I paid for something 15 - 20 years ago (so I know ultimately what to sell it for )

2. Will help me to find auction items I vaguely remember, but have not been able to find via the typical Google search

3. Will help me to find items for which I can't recall which auction house originally featured them. Hopefully this search capability will help with that.

4. Eager to see if this service can resurrect Hunt's Internet/Phone auctions. Those results disappear off the face of the earth, after the auction has run. They simply are not searchable.

5. Even the Hunt Live Auction closed items are incredibly tough to find, because their website's search function is so antiquated. Don't even attempt to use 2 or more search words! If this service can make it easier to find items previously sold in Hunts, it will be well worth the time investment.

Now I just need to find a way to get the pages to load. I'm afraid my Browser is probably as outdated as Hunts' Website
Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
There are lost of things that come along only once every five years or even once every decade.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
There are lost of things that come along only once every five years or even once every decade.
I won't argue with that....especially in regards to memorabilia. With regards to cards I believe they are traded more often, and are usually more plentiful. I'm not at all criticizing this service or cost, I just think the more useful service is being given away for free. I also believe that items that may come to market only once in a decade or so have no rules in regards to pricing so what something sold for 10 years ago really means nothing today.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
It will be a tremendous resource for me...

1. Will help me remember what I paid for something 15 - 20 years ago (so I know ultimately what to sell it for )

2. Will help me to find auction items I vaguely remember, but have not been able to find via the typical Google search

3. Will help me to find items for which I can't recall which auction house originally featured them. Hopefully this search capability will help with that.

4. Eager to see if this service can resurrect Hunt's Internet/Phone auctions. Those results disappear off the face of the earth, after the auction has run. They simply are not searchable.

5. Even the Hunt Live Auction closed items are incredibly tough to find, because their website's search function is so antiquated. Don't even attempt to use 2 or more search words! If this service can make it easier to find items previously sold in Hunts, it will be well worth the time investment.

Now I just need to find a way to get the pages to load. I'm afraid my Browser is probably as outdated as Hunts' Website
It's astounding to me that Hunt's has not gone to a more modern website..especially considering how they've grown in the 10-15(?) years since they started the website. I don't even use their site to try and find something in a past auction, I use google to try and track it down...much easier.

Not sure what browser you're using, but I recommend Google Chrome. Fast, easy and uncluttered.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

Regarding memorabilia, somehow, everyone who matters (involved in potential deals), almost always finds a way to locate the item's history....me included.

But this might make it even easier - I'll certainly give it a shot. But not sure I would pay for it as long as google still works.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Great service

Jeremy,
Great site and I am in! It is a great start and you guys have done something which is really useful to folks like me who collect memorabilia. Thank you for your great job!
dan
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I was very surprised how small their database was IE that they did not track very many auction sites. I signed up for their free test of items auctioned off in last two years. I had been following a few items watching them sell at various auctions then keeping track on a spreadsheet. One example was W554's a number of them have sold this past year and I had kept track of sales. My search on PRICEREALIZED turned up 4 far less than half of the sales I tracked.
Not always the case but in a Database size matters. One day they may increase size of database and clean up interface but I don't pay for folks to work out their software issues with my money. It was and is a good concept.

Jonathan Sterling
Old 09-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
It's working just fine for me, except that I notice that I missed an item that I need from an auction last June. Impressed, but still a little bummed out.
I found one too... From a small Canadian auction house...

Always looking for Chicago Bears jerseys!
Particularly jerseys with patches...