NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Jim M.arinari

Leon,
Is it possible that someone hacked Travis' account? I would hate to think that we are all witness to his complete mental breakdown.....

Two major threads where the only descriptors I can come up with are obstinate and obtuse.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:24 PM

Face it Travis - You stepped in it this time. Your desire to constantly rip PSA and JSA got the best of you.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Leon,
Is it possible that someone hacked Travis' account? I would hate to think that we are all witness to his complete mental breakdown.....

Two major threads where the only descriptors I can come up with are obstinate and obtuse.

Unless he (hi Travis) gave his password to someone or someone got on his computer while logged in, the answer is no. In reading the posts, to me, they are Travis at his best.

Last edited by Leon; 08-15-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: to say hi to Travis
Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

most people here dont want haulsofshame, autographnewslive, to operate. it exposes the hobby dark side, and they dont want that. the want things to remain the same. so they take it out on me. that's good. they need a punching bag. the hobby is changing, mastro might be singing, and people are scared. i am not an authenticator, a dealer, and i haven't made ten cents in the hobby but my credibility is somehow the focus of everybody.

wait until things change, and then they can't come after the people who have been sounding the warning bell for years.

i will be proven right, and then the defenders of the status quo will be quiet just like b. mastro defenders. where are they now? people are airbrushing mastro out of their photos figuratively speaking. boy i didn't know i was that powerful. post a link, and people spend a lot of time on me. nice. keep it rolling, boys. if heritage couldnt intimidate or bully me, then this is nothing. I didn't ask for anyones permission to investigate it either. I didn't ask the gatekeepers if it was alright to show people that heritage was doing something wrong in my view. nobody owns me in this hobby, period.

heritage changed the way they listed psa and jsa auction loa;s and pre-certs because i exposed it first and other people had enough and made enough noise they couldn't ignore it anymore, and I wrote the first article exposing this auction loa mess on a website called what?

autographnewslive.com not anywhere else.

i won.

Last edited by travrosty; 08-15-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
most people here dont want haulsofshame, autographnewslive, to operate. it exposes the hobby dark side, and they dont want that. the want things to remain the same. so they take it out on me. that's good. they need a punching bag. the hobby is changing, mastro might be singing, and people are scared. i am not an authenticator, a dealer, and i haven't made ten cents in the hobby but my credibility is somehow the focus of everybody.

wait until things change, and then they can't come after the people who have been sounding the warning bell for years.

i will be proven right, and then the defenders of the status quo will be quiet just like b. mastro defenders. where are they now? people are airbrushing mastro out of their photos figuratively speaking. boy i didn't know i was that powerful. post a link, and people spend a lot of time on me. nice. keep it rolling, boys. if heritage couldnt intimidate or bully me, then this is nothing.

heritage changed the way they listed psa and jsa auction loa;s and pre-certs because i exposed it first and other people had enough and made enough noise they couldn't ignore it anymore, and I wrote the first article exposing this auction loa mess on a website called what?

autographnewslive.com not anywhere else.

i won.
I just wanted to lock you into this quote Travis.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
I just wanted to lock you into this quote Travis.
+1
Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
What "people." Travis? The cowards that hide behind psuedonyms and post anonymously? Are you the "spokesperson" for those that hide behind psuedonyms and post anonymously?

As for HaulsOfShame. com, at least Peter Nash doesn't hide behind a psuedonym. I respect that. I don't agree with everything he writes, but I can sure respect the fact that Mr. Nash doesn't hide behind a psuedonym or post anonymously.

And if, as you claim, the so-called "hammer" ever falls, I'm still going to be here, Travis. I'm still going to be posting under my name.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-16-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I was wondering what Koschal has been doing recently! I like how "they" single out PAAS as above reproach.

Chris, did you notice your name is in one of the posts? It's in French or something, though.

Ken
Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I was wondering what Koschal has been doing recently! I like how "they" single out PAAS as above reproach.

Chris, did you notice your name is in one of the posts? It's in French or something, though.

Ken
so is MORALESS, yet another reason that guy is jackity jackity jack ass.

I happen to be one who does agree with Travis that someday PSA will go the way of the Global /GAI bird: however, I strongly disagree at the way he goes about it with blinders on and supporting a complete mess like Koschal and his moronic ramblings of a mad man. He makes me look sane
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
so is MORALESS, yet another reason that guy is jackity jackity jack ass.

I happen to be one who does agree with Travis that someday PSA will go the way of the Global /GAI bird: however, I strongly disagree at the way he goes about it with blinders on and supporting a complete mess like Koschal and his moronic ramblings of a mad man. He makes me look sane
I think PSA going away is inevitable. Might take a while or might be tomorrow. When it happens, I'll be hobbying unless I no longer enjoy it. I don't own anything with a sticker on it; I'll just have to break out the pliers and crack me some slabs! I will stand by the authenticity of what I own just as I do now.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 08-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post

Ken
That's what they do, Ken.

If they have nothing to hide, then why are they hiding?

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-16-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
i won.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lJZiqZaGA
Old 08-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
boy it's been along time since Dr. Demento!!! You laughed, you laughed I heard you laugh now that's funny!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Banned

I know a lot of people want the bill mastro era to keep rolling along but its coming to an end so they will just have to adjust. going after me doesnt help their cause but it makes them look desperate. the side of the hobby that is exposing the fraud is advancing, and the defenders of the status quo have been losing ground and they hate it so they have to lash out.

i posted a link to a story, it's obviously a very powerful story or else people wouldnt be so mad and come after me. i didnt write the story, but its only the beginning of exposing the truths in the hobby that have been hidden and buried for a long time that many people do not want others to know but it cant be stopped anymore.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I know a lot of people want the bill mastro era to keep rolling along but its coming to an end so they will just have to adjust. going after me doesnt help their cause but it makes them look desperate. the side of the hobby that is exposing the fraud is advancing, and the defenders of the status quo have been losing ground and they hate it so they have to lash out.

i posted a link to a story, it's obviously a very powerful story or else people wouldnt be so mad and come after me. i didnt write the story, but its only the beginning of exposing the truths in the hobby that have been hidden and buried for a long time that many people do not want others to know but it cant be stopped anymore.
Travis- Don't flatter yourself, no one is going after you. We just don't care for people hiding behind keyboards and you don't seem to care. You posted a link with some erroneous information from an anonymous source. You like that, most others don't. Anonymous postings that are truthful, and show evidence, are given credence. Even though Peter Nash isn't one of my favorite hobbyists, a lot of what he says is substantiated facts. Him being the messenger, for me, makes it difficult to hear the message. And for the record I believe he has tried to crawl onto this board a few times, under the door so to speak.
No one on this board wants the hobby to be clean more than the folks you are lamenting. I have never read on this board where someone said, if anyone did anything wrong, they shouldn't be punished for it. It is no different than if you or I did something wrong, same thing. We all want to expose fraud in the hobby, not only you. Not too many folks in the hobby have done more than several people in this thread to try to rid the hobby of bad things. I think that is a wonderful thing and those folks, including yourself, have my support for that.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
going after me doesnt help their cause but it makes them look desperate
Leon is right, people here are not going after you, most are trying to show you why you are losing credibility in heedlessly pursuing a largely worthwhile cause.

And I myself have no cause. I like baseball autographs. I spend a lot of money on them. I'm apathetic about TPAs and find them more of an annoyance than anything else. They are a very large part of the hobby right now, for better or worse (and there are valid arguments on both sides). They may go away in the future. I'll deal with the new reality as it then sits. I'm not sure if it will be better or worse (meaning more or less fun for me, which is how I gauge my hobbies).

Does my apathy bother you, Travis?

Do you have fun in this hobby?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all

Last edited by mighty bombjack; 08-16-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

i posted a link to a story, it's obviously a very powerful story or else people wouldnt be so mad and come after me.
Travis, it's not a powerful story. What bothers me, and numerous other members here, is the fact that you posted a link to an article/post in which the author did not sign his name to it.

The content is irrelevant, except, of course, that the coward who authored it, got it wrong about John G. leaving Ebay.

Don't you get it, Travis? It's not about the content.

Why didn't the author sign his name to it? What is he/she afraid of?

You're so flattering of yourself, that you can't see beyond your own skin.

It's not about the content, Travis.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:

Travis, I don't think that anyone is particularly mad at you? I certainly am not. I really think that it's just the complete and utter "tunnel vision" that you have that just really rubs people the wrong way and you are so infected with. I wonder if this rigidity carries over to other things in your life like interpersonal relationships and work endeavors? I know you don’t care and that’s cool. I always appreciate your spirit and you generally have so much to offer the hobby. I appreciate your balls to speak out on behalf of the jack asses behind the ANL’s every changing website, since you were kicked off the other one.

I still just find it so fascinating that people have such tunnel vision on things and just can’t understand normal thinking. You are strong in your convictions, but not being able to see 2 sides of a coin is really a personality defect. That’s only my opinion as a degreed Psychology major. If it makes you happy, that’s all that matters. I guess I’m just trying to get you to look at the “big picture” which you can’t seem to grasp. If it brings you peace, so be it.

Alexander Hamilton & Malcolm X once said (from Richard’s Website) “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything”, so you’re in good company…but good god’s man, get a grip and take a reality pill and at least listen to what others are telling you. Try to deifier that it’s not a personal vendetta against you and we all want the same things for the hobby.

Flexibility in one’s thinking is never a bad thing Travis..

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 08-16-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:

But the number of people who want to see good changes in the hobby, who want to eradicate the fraud, eliminate the forgeries and clean the hobby up greatly outnumber those who want to perpetuate the current wrong in the hobby, but they are too often the silent majority. Just because a handful of people are up on their soap boxes and yelling loudly does not mean they represent the majority of us collectors.

Too many casual collectors for the most part are not aware of the rampant evil imbedded in the hobby. And a large number of us in the hobby are not educated enough, skilled enough or knowledgeable enough to pursue this great hobby without the help from trusted and reputable authenticators. Unfortunately there never seems to be enough Richard Simon’s in the hobby to help us out.

If you eliminate TPAs, where does that leave the hobby?