NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-31-2016, 10:09 PM
Brad Pencil

Default USPS question about not receiving an item but said was delivered.

So quick question here guys as I assume someone else has been through this before but its a first for me.

I bought a card ($200) off eBay and it said it was delivered at/in mailbox today. Problem was the only card delivered was one I bought off a board member (thank you Ed) that had nothing to do with the card from eBay.

I guess my question is what do I do? I sent an email to the seller stating that is said it was delivered but it wasn't delivered to me and I was going to wait until tomorrow to see maybe that it was just lost in the truck or at the post office. But do I call the post office, does the seller call the post office?

Also they didn't send with any signature confirmation which sort of baffles me at times when people don't do that on cards costing over $50, its like $3 and to me helps prove that someone has it.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by pencil1974; 08-31-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:22 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Ugh......

The outcome is not good for you if that card does not show up. As long as the seller provides tracking and Post Office says it was delivered then you have no recourse. It is not fair but the Post Office and Ebay always win unfortunately.

Of course you can start an inquiry but they will just keep telling you it was delivered and subsequently drive you crazy.

Good luck with this.

Mike

PS I hope they prove me wrong here but I have never had a positive outcome with situations like this.

Last edited by vthobby; 08-31-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:26 PM
mark sanders

Default same thing happened to me this week!

hi brad-
you should call your local usps first thing tomorrow & ask to speak with the "delivery" or "route" supervisor.
my recent experience was very positive... they were able to resolve the issue the same day.
plase keep us posted & good luck!
BAT ON: Old Mill, SC 350/25
BAT OFF: Cycle, Lenox, Piedmont 460/42, Uzit
& Piedmont 350
Old 08-31-2016, 10:35 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil1974 View Post
So quick question here guys as I assume someone else has been through this before but its a first for me.

I bought a card ($200) off eBay and it said it was delivered at/in mailbox today. Problem was the only card delivered was one I bought off a board member (thank you Ed) that had nothing to do with the card from eBay.

I guess my question is what do I do? I sent an email to the seller stating that is said it was delivered but it wasn't delivered to me and I was going to wait until tomorrow to see maybe that it was just lost in the truck or at the post office. But do I call the post office, does the seller call the post office?

Also they didn't send with any signature confirmation which sort of baffles me at times when people don't do that on cards costing over $50, its like $3 and to me helps prove that someone has it.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad
Call your local postmastr. Our post woman misdelivered a $500 cards once and the post master figured it out and a few days later I got my card.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

Just a couple weeks ago a card that I had to sign for was lost in the truck. While it's an easier situation when you have to provide a signature, there are some things you could try. First stop by the post office to see if they have it for any reason. If not, track down the truck driver or leave a note for him/her. This is what worked for me, as it ended up being buried under some stuff in the truck. Good luck!

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
Old 09-01-2016, 04:51 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Call or visit the post office. I had a package from Amazon on Saturday that was supposedly delivered (text message from Amazon) but no package. I went into the PO first thing on Monday and the package was waiting for me.

Good luck.

Jeff
Old 09-01-2016, 05:02 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Ebay only requires it on cards valued over $250. When so many buyers are complaining about the high shipping charges they are having to pay (when they aren't really high at all to begin with), who is going to absorb this $3 extra charge? If I told a buyer it would cost him/her $6.50 to receive one PSA graded card, can you imagine the cow they would have??? I already get emails over the $3.50 charge!

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 09-01-2016 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Larry More.y

I had a buyer who did not receive a package that showed as delivered. I insisted that he contact the USPS. Two days later he let me know that the package was located (no details as to how it was located).

If I was on the other end of this situation, I would contest the charge with my CC....the seller still receives their funds (eventually as delivery confirmation is present) and it would allow PP and the CC to settle things.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Gobucsmagic74

I'm pretty sure that for items valued at $200 or more, ebay/paypal require signature confirmation and that item delivered notification from USPS would not suffice (from the sellers perspective) if you opened an "item not received case" through ebay. I could be wrong on the dollar amount, it could be items valued at $250 or higher, but it would be worth exploring because I do know signature confirmation is required over a certain dollar amount.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Brad Pencil

Yeah I'll have to call and find out whats going on. I tore my muscle in my leg a few days ago so moving a bit slow. Plus living just outside of Tampa now I can literally say when it rains it pours. I'll let you know how this all shakes out.

I personally always pay the extra on cards over $50 if it its more than I asked for in shipping. Its $2 and if margins are so tight that you can't pony up $2 then raise the price of the card by $5. If you just randomly sent a fifty dollar bill in the mail I'm pretty sure you put signature confirmation on it.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Brad Pencil

Post office had no answers but took my name and number and is going to look into it. So we'll see but I doubt anything good will come out of it as they seemed as confused as I was. I'm thinking that since I'm new in the apartment complex that maybe it was placed in someone else's mailbox. And hopefully that person will give it back, deliver it to me personally or give it to the front office.

The mailman though that we have just puts on his headphones and doesn't seem to care about anything else. I've had two packages already smashed into a tiny mailbox slot that shouldn't have fit and another box was totally ripped open with a star wars nerf gun I bought for my son barely hanging on inside. So I'm afraid if this guy finds out what I tend to get that more things may start coming up missing.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Yeah I'll have to call and find out whats going on. I tore my muscle in my leg a few days ago so moving a bit slow. Plus living just outside of Tampa now I can literally say when it rains it pours. I'll let you know how this all shakes out.

I personally always pay the extra on cards over $50 if it its more than I asked for in shipping. Its $2 and if margins are so tight that you can't pony up $2 then raise the price of the card by $5. If you just randomly sent a fifty dollar bill in the mail I'm pretty sure you put signature confirmation on it.
I have had this happen many times and it usually shows up the next day.

I send cash in the mail on a very regular basis and at times more than $50 and have never used signature confirmation. That margin as you call it adds up real quick.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
I'm pretty sure that for items valued at $200 or more, ebay/paypal require signature confirmation and that item delivered notification from USPS would not suffice (from the sellers perspective) if you opened an "item not received case" through ebay. I could be wrong on the dollar amount, it could be items valued at $250 or higher, but it would be worth exploring because I do know signature confirmation is required over a certain dollar amount.
Last I knew is that the shipment amount that required signature confirmation for seller protection though ebay is $750 and above. A seller is covered on shipments under $750 with just delivery confirmation (with a confirmed delivery) through ebay.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformat...abels-faq.html

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 09-01-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Last I knew is that the shipment amount that required signature confirmation for seller protection though ebay is $750 and above. A seller is covered on shipments under $750 with just delivery confirmation (with a confirmed delivery) through ebay.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformat...abels-faq.html
Does this mean ebay would eat the $200 (rather than the seller) or that Brad would lose the "item not received" case because the value is too low?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Does this mean ebay would eat the $200 (rather than the seller) or that Brad would lose the "item not received" case because the value is too low?
Unfortunately, if Brad opened an INR case through ebay, he would not win with the seller as the item shows up as delivered. With the $200 sale amount, my experience is that ebay will not reimburse him either. However, for lesser amounts, (>$25), I have heard of ebay reimbursing the purchase price as a one time courtesy for the buyer(would recommend calling and talking with a ebay CSR).

If the package is not located within a week or so, my suggestion would be to contact his credit card company (if used) to see if they can dispute the charge as he did not physically receive it.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 09-01-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Dave

An Apt. complex, good chance he put it in the wrong mailbox.

Or also very likely, it will show up tomorrow or the day after. Postman probably missed it in his truck, marked it as Delivered to avoid a non-delivered package on his work sheet and put it back in the rotation for the next day.

My wife had a package earlier this week from Amazon. Got a message the package was marked "Nobody was available for Signature - Notice Left". It was a small box of dog toys, so no reason for a signature. I actually saw the mailman (substitute) pull up to our mailbox that day, and he never got out of his truck or left a note in the box.

Next day it was sitting right on our front porch for us.

I know from my days at UPS, Delivery supervisors hate to see delivery defects on work sheets. Delivery drivers will use any loophole to keep them off their backs.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Brad Pencil

Well the mailman called me personally today (which was nice of him) and it happened that the box just showed up in my mailbox today. He couldn't explain why or how it was marked delivered but it got here today.

Thanks for all the advice, it was much appreciated.

Brad
Old 09-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:

Margins are EXTREMELY tight on some cards. And when you sell a card at a .99 cent auction, you can actually LOSE money on a card. I know, as I've lost plenty. But a lot of sellers don't do the .99 cent auctions anymore for that very reason.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:53 AM
pete ullman

good to hear brad.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Awesome.....

Nice to hear a good ending. I just had a large box of comics sent to me and it just disappeared in NJ. Post Office says they are investigating it but they do not seem to care. It was sent media mail. It is now almost a month late and has never "pinged" past NJ!?!?!?

UGH!!!!

Mike
Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Brad Pencil

Thanks guys!

Good luck Mike it sucks because its completely out of your hands and you have to trust that someone else can do their job.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM
ThreadKiller

glad to hear there was a positive outcome...will you be sharing your newly-arrived purchase with us?

DS
Old 09-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Brad Pencil

Sure, its not a huge deal. But I've been collecting the t206 portraits since July. I was going to post all of what I have once I finish collecting the HOFers but its currently up to like 60 portraits I have now, some dupes of course(but this shows were I was at last month). I have sold a couple to upgrade, but Evers is the guy that was causing then trouble today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6767.jpg (76.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7249.jpg (68.9 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by pencil1974; 09-01-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Nice to hear a good ending. I just had a large box of comics sent to me and it just disappeared in NJ. Post Office says they are investigating it but they do not seem to care. It was sent media mail. It is now almost a month late and has never "pinged" past NJ!?!?!?

UGH!!!!

Mike
Register for the email updates. I have had many packages all of a sudden show up when I request the email updates. Good luck.

Jeff
Old 09-01-2016, 03:44 PM
ThreadKiller

Brad:

nice Evers - woulda sucked had it been lost!...nice pick-up, and thanks for posting.

DS