NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Default To share or Not to share ??

Posted By: Mark Holt

I don't know you Hal, but appreciate seeing your cards - please keep posting. Its hard to understand why anyone would think that any of us posting scans of seldom seen vintage baseball cards on this site is not appropriate.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

I appreciate your taking the time to scan and share your pictures with us. These are cards I might never get to see and I enjoy viewing them. Many times I've looked at the PSA registry hoping to find a scan of a card I'm interested in, only to find that the collector has "hidden" his set or has not posted a scan. Many of the recent PSA Awards went to sets that are "hidden" which is ridiculous. I, personally, usually scan every card I have in my Registry sets. Please keep showing us your cards.

Frank

Old 12-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Holt

A quick second to what Frank said - my meager Registry sets all have scans. For those of us with limited budgets the only way we'll see a lot of these cards is online - Old Cardboards galleries, the Registry's and this forum. This is particularly true for us small town hicks - I live in Williamsburg, VA and there are no big card shows with vintage anything here....again, please keep posting.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian

Hal,
Without sifting throught the 100+ responses to this thread I am sorry if my sentiments are repetative. I think it is great that you brag and show. You obviously have more $$ to spend than most of us. In my opinion though, the fact that you do share and brag makes you less snobby. Its an honor for me to be able to correspond with someone who owns a T206 Wagner. You are very open to opinions and correspondence. This is opposed to someone that is rich and finds it vulgur to be with the masses. I would just like to say thanks and your sharing is a-okay in my book!

Damian

Old 12-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cn

Hal, keep on sharing it is people like you the reason I check this board everyday. CN

Old 12-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RC Mckenzie

Dan,

I meant no ill will. I was making a poor attempt at a joke. Larry the Cable Guy I am not. I will say that I've been robbed twice and they left the artwork and baseball cards. They stole a $10 radio alarm clock, my tv and my cd collection. Take Care

Old 12-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

I'll post it here for you and for Gary Carter-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8727161088&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Old 12-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

I do not support the opposing view. Please be reassured that we recognize that through your actions each of us enjoys our hobby more.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

I got a bit of an ego boost seeing a card that I had sold to Hal is displayed on his website. It's far from being among the most valuable of the cards which are displayed, but I would have had it hidden away if I really collected vintage Baseball cards.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I love that Hal has a website. Please continue to share !!!

I've never met Hal & never really corresponded with him, but the thing that I've gathered from his posting on this forum is that he would never put me (or any other collector) down just because, say, I'm in the market for a REALLY POOR condition of say, a Hank Greenberg rookie card because that's all I could afford.

Alan