NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Alan Elefson

Default Trinidad Y Hno Cuban League Team Premium

Hi-
I recently acquired the Cuban League Team premimum scanned below and I had a few questions regarding it. I was able to find on www.cubanball.com a webpage devoted to the four booklets issued in 1948-1949. Mine is the Habanas

http://www.cubanball.com/Images/BBCa...triniteam.html

Were these issued at the ballpark or were these a mail away offering or point of sale? How scarce are these? Have any sold recently? I was only able to find a record of a set of 4 selling at Lelands in 2001 for 250.00. I am guessing the booklet containing Monte Irvin is the most sought after, followed by the one with Buck Leonard. Is this correct?

Please provide any information regarding these. Please also feel free to post your own booklets or anything related to the Habanas.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img176.jpg (78.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg img177.jpg (76.3 KB, 100 views)
Old 11-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Ryan Christoff

Not sure how they were issued. My guess is that they were intended to be autograph books players could sign on the page their picture appears on.

The one with Buck Leonard (Marianao) is by far the most desirable and valuable. Since Leonard has no known cards, many HOF collectors use this is the closest card-like item they can find. It's also much more rare than the Almendares or Habana booklets.

With Cuban team collectibles, items from Cienfuegos and Marianao are always fairly scarce. Almendares is the most plentiful, followed closely by Habana. Then there is huge gap, followed by Marianao and then followed closely by Cienfuegos.

Monte Irvin appears in the Almendares booklet. While there should be a premium on Monte Irvin items, I don't believe there is much of one with regards to these booklet. It could be because he also has a Cuban card from the same era as well as numerous ones in the U.S.

Hope this helps,

-Ryan
Old 11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Alan Elefson

Thanks Ryan! I really appreciate the information. I did not know that about Buck Leonard. Any additional input is welcome as well.
Thanks,
Alan