NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: SHould a Net54 Hall of Fame be created?
Yes 58 25.55%
No 169 74.45%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
But the concept is very nostalgic - you must remember back in the early days of the internet when every discussion forum had a thread every 6-9 months "Who is your favorite forum member?"

You would have made my favorites list, but disparaging the dead loses you a point or two
In the case of the Brucii, that would be disparaging the multiple dead.

Brianii
Old 03-19-2024, 09:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Nice to see you here again, Scott. Hope all is well your way.
Hey Leon. I'm doing great - I hope you are also doing well. Two recent events made me think of you guys - the first was seeing Jim's book in my book case, the second was when a friend wanted to show me a Mickey Mantle card this afternoon. It turned out to be an EX+ 1958 All-Star card. So I told him I'd do some research and get back with him. I did a forum search for 'Blumenthal' and found this thread.

So...I wish I had some cards to talk about , but it's still good to 'see' you guys.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
But the concept is very nostalgic - you must remember back in the early days of the internet when every discussion forum had a thread every 6-9 months "Who is your favorite forum member?"

You would have made my favorites list, but disparaging the dead loses you a point or two
He wished me dead. He’s dead. Scoreboard.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-20-2024, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
He wished me dead. He’s dead. Scoreboard.
You weren't the only one. I managed to escape his wrath. In private emails (emii?), he at least dropped the Royal plural.

I do miss the entertainment value, Mr. Archive.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 03-20-2024 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:42 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Hi Steve - man, I miss you guys. I wish I could still afford this hobby
Me too, I was a very under the radar sort of guy. I only knew a handful of people most of them since the 80's or earlier.
So many now gone or out of things.

I still do a little, and have a few virtual projects I'm working on. Plus some I need to work on with "modern" stuff
Old 03-20-2024, 09:51 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Me too, I was a very under the radar sort of guy. I only knew a handful of people most of them since the 80's or earlier.
So many now gone or out of things.

I still do a little, and have a few virtual projects I'm working on. Plus some I need to work on with "modern" stuff
When I sold all of my cards my intention was to retire, pay off my home then spend ALL of my extra cash on pre-war baseball cards. The only things I've accomplished is retiring and spending all of my extra cash!
Old 03-20-2024, 09:53 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
You weren't the only one. I managed to escape his wrath. In private emails (emii?), he at least dropped the Royal plural.

I do miss the entertainment value, Mr. Archive.
I'm unsure how Bruce and I existed in the hobby at the same time, and never had a personal run-in. Because I DID have run-ins with people. Funny thing was that the worst battles always resulted in eventual friendships.