NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Default eBay's new changes with regard to seller's fees

Got this email this morning, thought I'd share it in case anyone was interested.

Reminder: Fee update coming April 19

List Auction-style FREE, any start price, all the time. Add Buy It Now FREE to grab buyers in a hurry.

Dear tbob:

Just a reminder that starting April 19, Standard Auction-style fees will be changing and you'll be able to list FREE at any start price--up to 50 items a month. Plus, you can add the Buy It Now option FREE to grab those buyers who don't want to wait for your listing to end. In short, you can list even your higher priced items free and pay only if they sell.

Also, to encourage low-cost shipping, Final Value Fees for all sellers will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping.

To get the lowest overall fees, just keep your shipping costs low and consider offering free shipping.

No higher fee for one-day and international shipping!
Note, when a one-day or international shipping service is offered and selected by your buyer, your Final Value Fee on shipping is calculated on the least expensive of your options--your international/one-day option OR the first domestic service offered other than one-day. For example, if your buyer chooses international shipping and you specified free shipping as your first domestic option, you pay NO Final Value Fee on shipping for that transaction!

More important reminders from the Spring Seller Update:

New eBay Shopping Cart
Buyers can add items from multiple sellers--both Fixed Price and Auction-style--to a handy cart and pay in one easy checkout. Some buyers are using the cart now and it will be the way to shop before the 2011 holiday season.

New place to manage communications with buyers
Starting in May, you'll be able to manage communications with your buyers from one handy location in the "Account" tab in My eBay.

Category and item specifics changes
Category and item specifics changes are consolidated with the rest of updates, so find out if there's been an impact to your listings.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Jeff

Gee isn't it great to pay fees on shipping. The good news is you can save the fees on shipping by shipping at a loss. Ya gotta look on the bright side.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Dan Bretta

What genius came up with the idea that lowering your shipping will keep your fees lower? It's a flat rate so nobody is going to lower shipping...in fact I believe it will cause most seller to raise their shipping.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default You are correct, sir.

I know without question that I will increase my shipping fees by at least 10% to account for the new Ebay tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
What genius came up with the idea that lowering your shipping will keep your fees lower? It's a flat rate so nobody is going to lower shipping...in fact I believe it will cause most seller to raise their shipping.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Dave

Also, those free listings come with a higher "Final Value Fee".

If you paid for a store to avoid the higher Final Value Fees in the last round of rate hikes, you are not qualified for the free listings.

We also covered this pretty extensively in this thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=134438

Like with all of Ebay's weird decisions. Some seem to think it makes sense and others don't.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post

Category and item specifics changes
Category and item specifics changes are consolidated with the rest of updates, so find out if there's been an impact to your listings.

Another reason why I'm glad I have websites and would never heavily stock an Ebay store.

Every time Ebay messes with categories and widespread policy changes, it forces many sellers with thousands of listings to go back and edit every item in their store.

I would pull my hair out if I had to do that with my websites.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Chris

If you put a link to your web sight on a ebay auction or BIN page will ebay close your account?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdutchess View Post
If you put a link to your web sight on a ebay auction or BIN page will ebay close your account?
Ebay doesn't like links off site. I mention my site in my auctions but don't link it.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Steve Liskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdutchess View Post
I have a couple "off-eBay" links to my website on my About Me eBay page, and have never had a problem or asked to remove them.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Ebay ended a bunch of my listing last year because I mentioned my website name (didn't even link to it, just mentioned it as part of my description) so yes, they will close your auctions if they see the link but I dont think they will shut the account down.

Rhys
Old 04-06-2011, 12:40 PM
keith janosky

Yea, UPS,FEDEX, Postal all increase there fees and the jerks at Ebay want Ebay users to lower there fees. No thinking went on in that meeting.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
Yea, UPS,FEDEX, Postal all increase there fees and the jerks at Ebay want Ebay users to lower there fees. No thinking went on in that meeting.

Well, both Ebay and Paypal get to dip into the shipping charges for everybody now, not just those who offered free shipping.

I think they thought it out just fine.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Dan Bretta

I'm convinced that nobody in the decision making department at ebay has ever been a seller on ebay.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Eric Bea.chley

One of the comments on the non-sports side mentioned that a seller had many auctions go to the same bidder with a total postage of $150. He consolidated shipping to actual, roughly $30, and sent out a revised invoice. Ebay confirmed he will be charged FVF on the entrie $150.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
One of the comments on the non-sports side mentioned that a seller had many auctions go to the same bidder with a total postage of $150. He consolidated shipping to actual, roughly $30, and sent out a revised invoice. Ebay confirmed he will be charged FVF on the entrie $150.
Look for sellers to no longer offer combined shipping too. Thanks ebay!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post

I've constantly been hearing rumors this is how they are going to handle this.

Sounds like theft to me.

Funny, how they just slipped that in there without any clarification in their announcements.