NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2005, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Default Estate auction....Ramly's and more....

Posted By: Jim Goodrich

Saw this auction listed in a trade paper. I'm sure most of you are aware of it already but if not here you go. http://www.fobailey.com/ Hopefully I posted the link properly if doesn't work try www.fobailey.com, hit auctions and have a look. My question is do you feel they're good or reprints? If they're reprints what give's it away. I'm not a "cardboard" collector but do appreciate early pieces, portraits especially. Thanks in advance for the lesson, Jim

Link has been fixed.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Harry

I'm no expert in cards going that far back but can tell you that even if they are authentic, there is going to be a lot of damage to the backs of those cards as it appears the majority are stuck in there. It even looked like a few of them had tape holding them in.

Harry

Old 03-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob C

They are real.
Cat's out the bag.

Old 03-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Goodrich

I appreciate the observations guys. No bag here Bob, if silks were listed I'd probably reconsider posting....until next Sunday anyway. Thanks, Jim

Old 03-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob the Newbie

I wonder how much that Plank alone would fetch.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

thanks for the heads up. cool stuff even though most backs are probably trashed!!!

Old 03-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

what's up? The other "w w w " didn't work either.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

It comes right up for everyone else Julie,just type it in.You see people responding that they saw it so just make sure everything is typed in right.I just went on it for a 3rd time to make sure it came up

Old 03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

FOBailey.com -- like you I got an error when trying www.fobailey.com

Let me know if that works

Rich

Old 03-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

capitals shouldnt matter like that,and the actual name of the website is www.fobailey.com

Even on the website its not capital letters,but just to test it pick any website you know thats easy like ebay or yahoo and type in all capital letters and see what happens

The link highlighted in the intial post in this thread doesnt work because its actually starts with "www.network54.com/forums" despite not saying that. When you click on the link it comes up like that followed by the actual website link and everyone knows you cant go to 2 links at the same time

Old 03-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Koyama

The T205 Matty and others look to be using the glassine type corners used by stamp collectors, so hopefully they don't have any other glue type substances on the backs of the cards.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

But I DID have the same problem Julie did and the www.fobailey.com did not work for me but fobailey.com did work for me. Why? I don't know -- but sometimes computers do weird things

Regards
Rich

Old 03-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

I have two different tops to my internet pages; one has more stuff, and a link where you can type in other internet pages, and the other has a direct link to the e-mail. I change from one to the other by pushing "F11".

I just discovered yesterday that with the "fewer options" top, ALL the pictures on my website look better...go figure.

The original link (including the final "/". which is not highlighted) got me the auction house, a few pieces of furnature, links to evrything, an announcement about the cards and stuff--but no pictures of cards. Good thing I spent all my dough!