NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-19-2017, 09:21 AM
Steve Kennedy

Default Threats from eBay - but eBay fails to get it right

Where to start? I have been a member of eBay since 1998. I have sold just one item but have purchased more than 3,000. I have a 100% positive feedback rating and 1,336 unique

So here's what happened, I win an auction item and try to pay for it through eBay, but the seller has a problem with PayPal. I have positives.corresponded with the seller, three times, as directed by eBay, but the problem still remains with the seller.

eBay then threatens me with an email to PAY IN TWO DAYS or be punished but eBay still doesn't permit the transaction to take place. I then call the resolution center - Zero help - they will make a note to file. Asked to speak to a supervisor and it's now 3 hours later and I still haven't heard. I would like to have the item but who knows.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help, Steve
Old 08-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Howard Chasser

Default no suggestions, but validation

Steve,

I too have been an ebay member since 1998. I have bought and sold a few thousand items. In the past month or 2 I have had multiple issues with the ebay platform - including ebay threatening me for not paying my bill after I had updated my payment information days earlier - had to go in and do a one time payment despite having a valid credit card on file.

Also got a message that ebay had found in favor of the seller for an item that I requested to return because it wasn't properly described - a week and a half after I had returned and received a refund for the item through the ebay system.

Have a second account for another business which I use less frequently - system kept asking me to validate information via text or phone prior to allowing me to list - which I did multiple times only to come back to the same screen asking for validation. Called customer service who after looking into it and being unable to figure it out, apologized for the inconvenience and instructed me to set up a new account!!

Anyone else out there having ebay issues?

I fear and suspect that these are an indication of the beginning of the end of ebay!!??
Old 08-19-2017, 10:20 AM
Steve Kennedy

It's about their money!!! they eBay has little interest the customers just the transaction FEE I am mad about the BS and their attitude. All I want to do is buy the item that was auction on their site.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Dave

Seller likely has unpaid item warnings set up by default through Ebay to go out automatically, and now that he's having Paypal issues, likely forgot these e-mails are still going out to non-payers that are beyond their control.

That's why I only do stuff like that manually. I don't trust Ebay to be stable enough to not end up causing more problems then they solve.

Also wonder if Ebay is sending out threatening messaging without my consent to buyers I've explicitly told to hold off on payment if they want to combine into later ending auctions.

Have had a number of people ask to hold off payment so they can combine, I've told them yes, and then they've ended up making a quick payment anyways.

Then, more often then not, they ask me to hold on to the payment and not send the item out because they want to combine anyways with a later item, and I have to try and explain to them as delicately as possible, that Ebay docks MY account if I hold on to a payment past an items stated shipping time, and once they send me a payment, I have to get their item out on the next possible business day.

Ebay just doesn't trust anybody else to handle their own business properly nowadays.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-bullman View Post
Where to start? I have been a member of eBay since 1998. I have sold just one item but have purchased more than 3,000. I have a 100% positive feedback rating and 1,336 unique

So here's what happened, I win an auction item and try to pay for it through eBay, but the seller has a problem with PayPal. I have positives.corresponded with the seller, three times, as directed by eBay, but the problem still remains with the seller.

eBay then threatens me with an email to PAY IN TWO DAYS or be punished but eBay still doesn't permit the transaction to take place. I then call the resolution center - Zero help - they will make a note to file. Asked to speak to a supervisor and it's now 3 hours later and I still haven't heard. I would like to have the item but who knows.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help, Steve
Quit those F'ers like I did year 2-3 years ago. You are dealing with an incompetent company that doesn't give 2 rats asses for you. All of their employees are in the Philippines (a million pardons sir; very sorry about that sir and they do NOTHING because they are powerless and clueless) and you have a better chance of winning a game of pick-up sticks with your butt cheeks than speaking to a supervisor. Stop buying from those A holes and stand for something. F E-BAY PERIOD. woooo what a scare they give you "it's going to go on your permanent E-Bay Record!" LOL Good Luck!

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 08-19-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Steve Kennedy

I never had any problems I'm a fast payer and always leave feedback never bitch, but this is over the top. The resolution center is so ineffective and not helpful they have lost a 20 year friend.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Jim Murphy

Send a check
Old 08-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Dave

Ask the seller to cancel the UPI claim until his Paypal is cleared up or you figure out some other payment option. Glitches happen, especially on Ebay. What's the worst you think will happen to you?

As strictly a buyer, you have zero stake in the game, and zero to lose, so why don't you wait until they actually suspend you, which they are not likely to do, until you decide it's not worth your time anymore?

I've filed and closed actual Unpaid Item Claims against buyers, and don't think anything even remotely negative happened to any of them. As a matter of fact I just looked up all four cases that were still visible to me, and every single one of them are still active or non-suspended accounts.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Rob

I buy and sell on a eBay a lot and like others here have been on eBay since 1998 (that must've been a big growth year for them). I have maybe two or three issues a year out of probably a two to three hundred transactions so I try not to get too worked up...but when they do happen I know its going to be an incredible pain in the a$$ and calling their call center in Manila isn't going to help.

Last edited by Fballguy; 08-19-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Correct typo
Old 08-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Rob

Quote:
It's about their money!!! they eBay has little interest the customers just the transaction FEE I am mad about the BS and their attitude. All I want to do is buy the item that was auction on their site.
They certainly do love their fees. Other than those fees, I have no real bitches other than my 75+ searches becoming increasingly fruitless.

I joined in 1998, too!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

So I had to go look, and I realize I'm a newbie! I joined in 1999.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:08 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I joined feeBay in June, 1998

That must've been a big expansion period for them.

Now I'm trying to recall what I did with all my free time, prior to '98

Last edited by perezfan; 08-19-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Banned

Fall 1997
Old 08-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

What alternatives to selling do you guys use instead of Ebay? What are the cost comparisons?
Thanks
Old 08-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Justin

I also joined in June 1998.

I had an issue recently where the buyer filed a non-delivery claim a couple days after the auction ended. I issued a refund. A couple days later he said he received the card, then stopped responding to my messages and never paid for the card. It was less than $40, but I was still pissed. I called the Ebay Concierge Service and they said there was no recourse with the buyer since I issued a refund, but they gave me a $75 credit to cover my trouble. I definitely recommend signing up for the Concierge Service if you get selected. They immediately made things right the two times I've called them.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 08-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiedog View Post
What alternatives to selling do you guys use instead of Ebay? What are the cost comparisons?
Thanks
I don't think there is anything comparable to ebay. That's why they get away with what they do. I see ebay and auction houses as two completely different animals.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Rob

Yeah....There's nothing that compares to Ebay. I've made a couple purchases on Etsy but not a fan of that site. Not sure what the advantage is of selling there. I assume the fees must be smaller...but so is the audience.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

What's the commission an auction house would get if I wanted to sell for example: 2 mantle signed balls
1 that needs authentication
1 that already has authentication
I imagine its higher for them to get the 1 ball authenticated.
Is it more than the 13% Ebay charges? (10% Ebay 3% Paypal)
Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Steve Kennedy

Default from eBay Threats - but eBay fails to get it right

Thanks for your common interest !! I have sent a letter to eBay Inc. c/o Stephen Fisher the COO for remedy will see what happens Thanks for your support. All the best Steve
Old 08-21-2017, 03:00 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Great Idea

Quote:
Thanks for your common interest !! I have sent a letter to eBay Inc. c/o Stephen Fisher the COO for remedy will see what happens Thanks for your support. All the best Steve
Let's see what the outcome is - keep us posted!
Old 08-22-2017, 05:44 PM
octavio ranzola

Fee bay