NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Default Which Auction House: SCP, Robert Edward, Leland's, OR??

I want to auction a memento of my childhood, a 1958 World Series Program with 65 MBraves and Yankees signatures. I listed on Ebay but ended my auction early. I was advised by a number of Ebay sellers to try a specialized Sports Memorabilia auction house instead. I've talked to reps from several auction services, and they all are very persuasive. I need to decide where to consign my program in the next couple of days to get in a Fall auction-most of which are at deadline. I'm not a dealer or collector-ZERO experience with the subject or any of these services. Do you guys have any advice?

I'm not looking for offers, just suggestions. You can take a look at my program in the completed auctions listings at ebay. The item number is: 250690015148

Thanks for any tips~

Mark J.

Last edited by nowhouse; 09-04-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Dan Bretta

Robert Edward Auctions does not have a Fall auction, but I think you'd do yourself a favor by putting it in their Spring 2011 auction.

Here's the link to your incredible program.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_8519wt_1079

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 09-04-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:00 PM

SCP has a World Series Auction of 1500 lots in October. That sounded like a good fit and I can still get in. Thoughts?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:25 PM

Hello Mark,

I would also like to put in a good word for the auction house that I work with as a Senior Writer, Huggins & Scott in Silver Spring, Maryland. We have a great reputation and you would have writers with over 25 years each of hobby experience handling your material. Our next auction is in November and we have a consignment representative in Minnesota. Contact us at 1-866-462-2273 and ask for myself (James) or Bill Huggins. Take care,

James
Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM

Thanks James! I already talked to someone from Huggins & Scott who was pretty discouraging. I 'll give you a call~ Mark
Old 09-05-2010, 12:42 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I know some people around here like to bash Legendary. But they have realized some strong prices lately (in the face of a bad economy). Plus, they are getting some great consignments as of late.

The last items I consigned to them did VERY well, and they paid me fast. They also gave me a big break on the consignment fee (especially in comparison to what the other Houses wanted).

They have a November Premier Event, with a consignment deadline of September 24. For your specific item, I think Legendary would be the best fit, and you still have nearly 3 weeks to make their deadline. You would be paid in December, as opposed to late May/early June 2011 (if you were to wait for REA).

No knock on REA... they are "cream of the crop" but it is a long wait. I know they tout their cash advances, so maybe that's an option if you don't like Legendary, Hunts, Lelands, Heritage or SCP (all of whom are viable options).

If it were my item (and given the current market conditions/timing) I would use Legendary. As long as you avoid Grey Flannel and AMI, you should do fine...
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Jim D

I love Huggins and Scott Auctions... of all the auctions i browse, they are my favorite!

Disclaimer: i've never been a seller!

I personally don't think you can go wrong with any of the big auction companies..... Just avoid Coach's Corner at any and all cost!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!

Last edited by FUBAR; 09-05-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Barry Sloate

All the reputable auction houses have the same pool of bidders. Just go with the one you feel most comfortable working with.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Ron Rice

Default Scp

The timing on using SCP seems like a good choice. I can put in a good word for them. I've bought from SCP and think they are great.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Craig

Great program!
Please let us know which auction it will appear in
Old 09-05-2010, 11:21 AM

I sure will Craig!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhouse View Post
Thanks James! I already talked to someone from Huggins & Scott who was pretty discouraging. I 'll give you a call~ Mark
Discouraging? Give me a call and will definitely see what's going on.

James
Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 PM

I've got it narrowed down to Leland's or Legendary. I also relisted the last item form my little MBraves archive on Ebay-a 1963 Milwaukee Braves Elks Club dinner program with 19 Braves Autographs, Ebay item no. 250693455350. Take a look! Thanks again for all of the helpful information! Mark
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 PM

Huggins & Scott is a solid house.
Hunts is very good. They have a monthly auctions.
I have found that NY related material does well.

Heritage - I would avoid them. Arrogant people. Note: for the sake of full disclosure I have had recent issues with them