NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Default nothing else I can do except wait for negative feedback?

Posted By: Joe D.

I won a card on eBay (just $50) a week and a half ago.

The seller lists insurance as optional - but does not list an amount... I always opt for insurance.

So, I used eBay's "contact seller" to ask for the dollar amount I should add for insurance. No response.

So, I used eBay's "request total" and again asked for the dollar amount I should add for insurance. No response.

After a week went by, I once again used the "contact seller" feature... I mentioned my prior two attempts and yet again asked for the dollar amount I should add for insurance. No response.

I'm not sure there is much else I can do?

Even though I made three attempts... I am guessing this will end with me getting my first negative feedback.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Did you pay for it without insurance and not receive the card? If you haven't paid for it and they haven't responded why would you get a negative. Unless I missed something I didn't really see the reasoning....

Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Administrator

I didn't pay - because I am waiting for the total... or some sort of reply from the seller.

I get the feeling that eventually I will receive a negative feedback as a non-payer.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Administrator

I think it will all be ok.....maybe there was an emergency, or they weren't smart and went out of town without mentioning it? I doubt you will get a negative until they respond in some way....How is their feedback?

Old 06-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Mc

Hey Joe, You can go on the USPS website and the have a way to figure out the amount by taking the final value fee and just add it to the shipping amount. I know it's so much for the first $100 of value and like a $1 for each hundred of value there after. It's better than a negative and a delay in receiving you card IMO. Best of luck.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

Go to the seller's contact information and call him directly.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

I wouldn't pay anything until someone returned my email. I would rather have 1 neg then be out $50.00

Old 06-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

dan- hate to disagree, but a neg feedback is bad...rather be out $50.

joe- try contacting eBay and explain the situation, maybe they have his email on file or a phone number (that way you are not just simply contacting him thru eBay, you can send him an email or call him directly)...

worst case send him the $50 plus a few extra bucks to cover whatever the insurance might be.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

I agree.....I wouldn't really want to tarnish 1200 perfect feedback over $50. I was also thinking the same thing...send the guy the $50 plus whatever shipping was, plus $2....and ask them to insure it...I have done that before when I didn't get responses and it always worked out ok. Put the money in the mail and then email the seller telling them what you did...end of story....regards

Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Administrator

I tacked on $3 additional for insurance above the stated shipping fee -
and payed by PayPal.

not sure I will ever see this card (not much confidence) - but we shall see.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

Next time pay with PayPal. Keep the extra $3. It is the seller's responsibility to get the card to you.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

good work Joe...now, since you paid, IF this guy gives you any BS, contact eBay immediately, with your paypal info and let them know this guy was playing games...IF he, for whatever reason, gives you negative feedback, you can crush him...

or just give me a call, and i'll have my uncle pay him a visit

Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

Sagard has it right... if you pay with paypal something better show up in the package. The seller has the responsibility to prove shipment. I've only had the postal service lose a couple of items out of hundreds (close to a thousand). I'd be persistent about insurance if the item was worth hundreds or thousands but at $50 it's always the same crap shoot (with the odds in your favor).