NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Carl Lamendola

Default Has anyone received their PSA bulk submissions from National?

I submitted some cards under the bulk order (45 days) at PSA? Has anyone received their cards back? If so, which day did you submit? It took from July 31st to August 26th to enter them in the system...Then the 45 days clock starts. That's why we need two grading card companies in this hobby, to keep each other honest. I was told the 45 days is approximate. I guess there is a silver lining, I may get one of the new tamper free holders.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Joe M.

Pretty sure that is 45 workdays, Saturdays, Sundays. and Holidays don't count. So, 35 days have passed, I guess PSA is safe and under the 45 days.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Carl Lamendola

What about the first 18 business days to get the cards over to Newport Beach? I don't think anyone thought they would use the pony express to go cross country. But to be fair my friend had an issue with SGC, his stuff got push to the back of the line because of the east coast national (If you can even call that a national). The grading companies can control this hobby whether we like it or not.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Wow, a month for loggage. That's pretty obscene. However, the bulk rate was $5.25 per card for PSA for pre-1956 at National which is the best deal you can get. SGC hasn't had a $6 wildcard special in nearly 2 years for prewar cards. I wanted to go to National just for this since I have 200+ cards ready for grading, but just trying to wait for the right special.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Bruce C@rter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamendo View Post
I submitted some cards under the bulk order (45 days) at PSA? Has anyone received their cards back? If so, which day did you submit? It took from July 31st to August 26th to enter them in the system...Then the 45 days clock starts. That's why we need two grading card companies in this hobby, to keep each other honest. I was told the 45 days is approximate. I guess there is a silver lining, I may get one of the new tamper free holders.
You might check with them. I got mine back Sept. 13. They where submitted first day of the National.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Carl Lamendola

Did you do the bulk level for pre-56 mine required tall boys? And how many cards? They told me some cards need more research? I graded the 6 stars from the Blue Ribbon set at the National the commons were sent in and they are listed on the pop report. What research do they need?

Last edited by clamendo; 10-14-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM
N.ate A.dams

I could be wrong, but I believe SGC had a T-Card special for 5$ a card a few months back? Perhaps someone can either verify or correct this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Wow, a month for loggage. That's pretty obscene. However, the bulk rate was $5.25 per card for PSA for pre-1956 at National which is the best deal you can get. SGC hasn't had a $6 wildcard special in nearly 2 years for prewar cards. I wanted to go to National just for this since I have 200+ cards ready for grading, but just trying to wait for the right special.

Last edited by npa589; 10-14-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Carl Lamendola

unless you happen to be the lucky one who needs custom cuts +$.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:43 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

It may have been $6 per card, but I doubt that it was $5 per card for a T card special. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong however. I was referring to a wildcard special for all prewar cards under a certain declared value, however, and not just limited to T cards. For PSA, you could have submitted any card pre-1956 with a declared value under $100. (Tall boys needed to be a separate submission from standard size cards, however.) PSA still tends to be the cheapest for larger submissions although the wait can be ENDLESS, so it's only for the very patient.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:01 AM

I submitted an unopened 5 cent pack of 1962 Topps cards on the 2nd day of National and still haven't received it. When I called two weeks ago I was told it should go to the grader any day, after all, it is a pack. The only reason I used PSA was because SGC doesn't grade packs and I wanted to give PSA a shot to see what their customer service was like. I am learning....not so good
Old 10-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Bruce C@rter

Quote:
Did you do the bulk level for pre-56 mine required tall boys? And how many cards? They told me some cards need more research? I graded the 6 stars from the Blue Ribbon set at the National the commons were sent in and they are listed on the pop report. What research do they need?
They where pre-56 bulk level. I think I had 53 cards but would have to go back and look for sure. Nothing special though just 206's and some 39&40 Playball cards.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
It took from July 31st to August 26th to enter them in the system...Then the 45 days clock starts.
This is one of the reasons I use SGC; I dropped off a submission at the Chantilly show and the invoice is marked as received as of Monday in their system. That started the 10 day clock for the $7 wild card special.

From personal experience, I've only had one SGC submission that took longer than the service level estimate... and that was due to Hurricane Sandy last year.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:37 AM
pete ullman

When I saw this thread I kinda was confused...as the nat'l seems like it happened sooooooo long ago to me!!!!!!! I guess not that long ago!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Carl Lamendola

We'll PSA came through today and the grades posted.