NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Richard Simon

Default Fake Disney items being offered - BEWARE

There is a seller on the internet who is selling two "signed" Walt Disney letters and one memo signed Walt.
The entire group is bogus.
The seller went to more than a little trouble to create this junk.
The letters are computer generated, they should have been typed of course, and dated in the 1950's. The letterhead and address on them are from 1930's Disney stationery, not 1950's, and the signatures are not authentic either, obviously.
I have them in a .pdf file, if anyone wants to see them send me an e mail at richsprt@aol.com.
Much thanks to Phil Sears for the info on these fakes.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-21-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Jeff P0tter

Just FYI I was shown one of these Disney fakes along with a similar Disney letter as well a couple months ago, I confirmed this with the ones Richard saw so they obviously have more out there. Also, while we are on the topic I have noticed an uptick in the amount of laser copy "cuts" that are being offered so beware of those as well. I reviewed one in person of John Lennon, and others via scan, always of very pricey pieces, Hendrix, Joplin, Lindbergh. They are small cuts that are laser printed with authentic examples on old paper, and then cut out around and adhered to larger pieces of paper. Some are better than others, the really high quality ones were only evident in person after viewing under at least 30x power. I have been trying to work with the law enforcement in the city they appear to be originating from, which is somewhere either in Texas or Louisana.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Great work gentlemen! Thanks for fighting the good fight.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
There is a seller on the internet who is selling two "signed" Walt Disney letters and one memo signed Walt.
The entire group is bogus.
The seller went to more than a little trouble to create this junk.
The letters are computer generated, they should have been typed of course, and dated in the 1950's. The letterhead and address on them are from 1930's Disney stationery, not 1950's, and the signatures are not authentic either, obviously.
I have them in a .pdf file, if anyone wants to see them send me an e mail at richsprt@aol.com.
Much thanks to Phil Sears for the info on these fakes.
Phil Sears is a awesome source and the only person Id fully trust when it comes to Walt's signature. Almost bought a couple fakes a couple years ago and he saved my a**. Theres tons of fakes on ebay so beware
Old 11-02-2013, 01:15 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Phil Sears is a awesome source and the only person Id fully trust when it comes to Walt's signature. Almost bought a couple fakes a couple years ago and he saved my a**. Theres tons of fakes on ebay so beware
Agreed on Phil Sears and his knowledge of Disney , aside from the fakes there are dozens of signed Disney signatures that his artists signed for him. From personal experience I bought a 1930's autograph book that had a signature of Disney on mat board pasted in , Looked nothing like any I had seen , scanned a copy to Mr. Sears and not only did he know immediately it was legit he offered to buy it at a fair price. And I sold it to him. We need to appreciate these experts in specific fields in which authentication is so difficult.

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

That is the reason why I cant trust company's that authenticate everything and everybody.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Default Disney signed Mickey Mouse drawing

While we're on the subject of Disney, I am trying to sell my signed Walt Disney Mickey Mouse original drawing, authenticated by Mr Sears. It is in a very attractive frame, and is in great condition. I tried it on ebay, but received more crackpot emails than serious inquiries. Could anyone suggest a better venue to try to sell it? Thank you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DISNEY DISPLAY 2 (240x320).jpg (49.8 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

What price would you be seeking on the drawing?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 PM

I'm looking to recoup what I paid many years ago at auction. A shade under 11k.