NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-10-2017, 11:17 AM
J.O.N

Default Auction house changing things after auction starts.

I haven’t been buying from auction houses that long so I’m not sure if this is normal.

I have two lots I am bidding on currently. The first one had not mention of a reserve but now has one. I’m not thrilled about that since it is far over where the bidding is currently.

The other is a change in the description of the item that may or may not effect the value.

Is this type of thing normal?

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:47 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Jon,

I wouldn't call either situation common, but it does happen. As far as having a reserve, I think it should be stated up front that the item may have a reserve, even if they don't tell you what it is. Each AH handles reserves differently and how they handle it should be outlined in their terms. Changing the item description I think really depends on why it was changed and what effect it may have. If information is found out after the auction started that is relevant to the item, the AH should make that known to all bidders. Likewise, if there is an error in the description, they should correct that as well. If it is significant enough, I would think the AH should allow you to either withdraw your bid or not pay if you win it at your current bid. I would talk to the AH directly to get their feedback.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 11-10-2017, 11:50 AM
Jason S!m@nds

I once asked an Auction House to change the title of a lot after the auction started.

Edit: I had consigned the lot

Last edited by jhs5120; 11-10-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Terms and/or conditions shouldn't change after the start of an auction. I should add I have seen descriptions changed, and if significant enough, the high bidder should be notified to deal with it, on down the list, if that bidder backs out. As for reserves, as long as the rules communicate how/if they are done, then so be it. Not too many folks like completely hidden reserves, with never knowing what it is.

Last edited by Leon; 11-10-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Some auction houses expressly say we will post a reserve on a specific date if there is one. So if the bidding as of that date is below the reserve it will then be posted.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-10-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:38 PM
J.O.N

Thanks for the info guys. I enjoy the variety of items that can be won in many of the auctions. This was the first time I’ve had changes occur after things started.
For the auction I question I’ve read some of the 12 pages of terms and conditions and have yet to finds info about reserves being added later. I did see info about description changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.