NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-25-2017, 06:13 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default OT: baseball-reference.com link to player uniforms

Where is it on the page?

Before their makeover, baseball-reference.com had a link on each player's page that would take you to a page showing a compilation of all the uniform styles that player would have worn based on the years and teams they played for. The uniform images were from the Hall of Fame's Dressed to the Nines online exhibit, which in turn uses primarily images from Mark Okkonen's uniform research. It was (hopefully is?) a very handy way to help date photographs where you know the player, but need to narrow the date range based on the uniform style he is wearing.

Well, I can't find the link any longer on the baseball-reference.com page. Perhaps it's still there, as they have a lot of expandable menus that are collapsed by default on the player's page. Anyone know how to get to what I'm talking about? Is that crossover information no longer available directly from the baseball-reference.com site?

I can always go directly to the Hall of Fame's site, but the summary of years and teams by player is often much more useful for this type of research than having to input the team and date range being looked for on the HOF's site, especially for players who jumped around a lot.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Dewey St. Germaine

Good question Lance. I looked all over the Mazeroski page I was on and couldn't find it either. To bad if they eliminated that link.

I also noticed in the new B-R website look that they have buried the individual player page sponsors to near the bottom. That's a bummer if you are sponsoring a player page since those stood out in the old format.

Last edited by Dewey2007; 02-25-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: text update
Old 02-25-2017, 09:44 AM
keith janosky

I always go to Baseball-Almanac.com to find the uniform numbers. It's a little hard to find but they are there

Last edited by keithsky; 02-25-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:59 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I always go to Baseball-Almanac.com to find the uniform numbers. It's a little hard to find but they are there
They do still have the uniform number information, which is very helpful as well. It's the link to the uniform styles that I can't seem to find.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:48 PM
keith janosky

Yeah baseball almamac they don't have the uniform number styles just what number each player wore during his career. Guess I misunderstood. Sorry
Old 02-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
Good question Lance. I looked all over the Mazeroski page I was on and couldn't find it either. To bad if they eliminated that link.

I also noticed in the new B-R website look that they have buried the individual player page sponsors to near the bottom. That's a bummer if you are sponsoring a player page since those stood out in the old format.
Dewey:

Being a page sponsor myself, they did notify me of this and offered a pro rata refund should I want one....The other option was to simply do nothing (having paid 12 months), have it moved to the middle of the page and it will stay there at no cost for a minimum of two years (most likely longer).

Bill
Old 02-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Bill, good to hear that the page sponsor was given options with the move of the sponsor information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Dewey:

Being a page sponsor myself, they did notify me of this and offered a pro rata refund should I want one....The other option was to simply do nothing (having paid 12 months), have it moved to the middle of the page and it will stay there at no cost for a minimum of two years (most likely longer).

Bill