NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Mike E

Default Spalding posters--early 1960's

These are 17 X 11 1/2". If I recall, I got them from a sporting goods store in Lincoln, Nebraska after they had been displayed in frames on the wall. They've been rolled up in a storage tube since then. I apologize for the tumblers on each corner--they were the best way to keep them gently unrolled.
I haven't had much luck finding info on them in my searches. Does anyone know what year/years they were used? How many players would have been included?
Value?
Thanks for your input!,

Last edited by 62corvette; 08-27-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Mike

Great looking poster love the Wills and the Drysdale.
Just a though, I think what you have hear are posters of player's that were under contract / spokesperson for the company.
(See bottom right stating advisory board same as spokesperon .These were probably given out to all sporting goods stores that sells spending gloves/other baseball related items. I would try contacting Spaulding directly. This is part of there marketing advertising programs from the 60's. I'm sure they have some old timers still on staff that might be able to help. I would also try to search for a historian that focuses on Spalding Sporting Equipment, not easy but it's out there.
Mike

Last edited by brookdodger55; 08-27-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Doug Goodman

Wow. Those are very cool.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Those are really cool and all appear to be Ozzie Sweet photographs (from sport magazine). I have never seen those before and although posters are not something that is generally highly collected, I can see why collectors may be very interested in these. Jason
Old 08-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Mike E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
Those are really cool and all appear to be Ozzie Sweet photographs (from sport magazine). I have never seen those before and although posters are not something that is generally highly collected, I can see why collectors may be very interested in these. Jason
The Ford says "courtesy of Sport" in the lower left. That would. Certainly support your Ozzie Sweet idea. Thanks!

Last edited by 62corvette; 08-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Mike E

Anyone know anything about these other than what's been posted?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Barry Sloate

Pete Ward's last year with Chicago was 1963, so maybe these are from early 1964. Just a guess. Very nice posters.