NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Default Question regarding PX7 Domino Discs

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I have only 6 PX7 domino discs.

I did notice, however, something a little different about my Chief Meyers PX7. The front has the violet shade and the back has the green color. It's the only one I have in that color...is this typical of this violet color PX7 or is this two color PX7 a freak? Of my remaining 5 discs, the 3 greens, 1 red, and 1 blue color, all have matching colors front and back.

Here are the scans:

Patrick

Old 02-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve

I have a handful of PSA graded PX7's - all have same color on both sides. Steve.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Patrick- one of my HOFers has the same color combination, violet front, gree back. Not sure off the top of my head which one it was but I remember at the time thinking how odd that was and that none of the other HOFers did.
Bob

Old 02-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Todd

Patrick,

Various front player/color combinations can be found with backs of either the same or a different color. In my (admittedly small) sampling same-color backs are more common, but different-color backs are by no means scarce.

Examples:
Carrigan with fronts of both red and blue
Both Leever and Phelps with purple fronts/red backs
(Hmm. Now that you mention it, the only different-color backs I've seen had a purple front.)

You'll also find backs with the same color but different dominoes. For example, I've seen two Fords that were green/green, but one had a 4-6 domino and the other had a 2-5.

Anyone working on a "master set" of these?

Bill

Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Pugeda

Bill,

I was working on a master set for a while, that is, each player in two different poses (Cobb and Baker having three different poses - Cobb definitely has 3, have not seen Baker's 3rd pose yet).

I have one complete set and am about 65% through the 2nd set, but have cooled down while pursuing other interests. There is also a Home/Away team disc in addition to players. I used to think it was a tougher disc, but have seen a few in the last year on e-bay.

As far as the color variations go, I believe the sepia fronts are the only ones with different colored backs. I did a quick check on some of mine and all red fronts had red backs, blue w/ blue, and green w/ green.

Hope this helps.

Mike