NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Marty

Really enjoyed reading through this thread. I started collecting as a kid over 40 years ago, and I think I was the Will Rogers of collecting - "I never met a sports collectible I didn't like!" Back then, focus wasn't required as access to sports collectibles was pretty limited - cards, oddball food issues, and the occasional flea market find. As a result of Al Gore inventing the internet I have been forced to narrow things a bit, so I find myself frequently looking for the following:

Bob Laughlin sets (still need about half the super standups set) and original art
Hugh Bedient items (1912-1914 Red Sox)
Topps original drawings/artwork
Other interesting original art

OK as I was typing this list, I thought of about 10 others things I collect - interesting Mets items, Bills items, statues and figures.... I really have no focus!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Andrew

My collecting focus would be to be more focused. Seriously. maybe to finish the DeLong set by 2113. I am really liking the small set loaded with HOFers.

My DeLong progress http://photobucket.com/aj1
Old 12-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Tony Ooten

Post war I'm pretty focused:

1. almost finished with late 40's thru 50's hof topps/bowman/leaf type card subset. At least 1 card of each hofer that played in this era, and at least 3 of each leaf/bowman/topps regular issue between 48 and 59. I'm at 108 and 7 remain on my want list.

When I finish this I'll probably move to 60's topps regular issue hof/type set.

these two aren't vintage, but they are part of my collecting focus:

2. Barry Larkin collection - over 1100 different and not even half way there according to a list I got off beckett.com

3. 1995 ud cc se gold signature - still need about 30 to complete.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:48 PM

I have focused completely on Willie Mays. I sold a nice collection to pay for college, and was out of collecting for 20 years. I started again by opening new stuff. I learned quickly that it was a drain on the finances without giving a sense of satisfaction. I loved baseball since my first game at old Connie Mack stadium in Philly. They were playing the Giants and loved watching Willie pay. Collecting Mays cards, autos, memorabilia, etc. has brought me back to some of those feelings, especially when finding something rare.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:20 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

I really must focus on putting my '57 set together. I made a flurry of buys over the summer but haven't added any since September.

This is really just for fun as I collect only raw...in a few cases I've gotten a steal on a graded card and then freed it from its case. My next acquisition will be the Frank Robinson rookie.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Mike C@.v3

Default collecting focus

Great thread, Jarrod!

I have a few different areas of focus when it comes to post-war:

1. I am attempting to put together a Mickey Mantle (playing years) set. I'm still a ways away from completing it, but I have a few decent ones so far.

2. I like to collect the Yellow Plaque HOF Postcards that are autographed. I have around forty or so and love to collect them as I see fit. I realize that a complete set probably will never happen, but I enjoy grabbing them as I can.

Happy New Year everyone...keep it real!

Mike
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Fred

i have been all over the place the last couple of years, but i think i have focused in a little.

i am working on topps run from 52 forward a daunting task but what else do i have to do? i have some sets started 52,55,56,57,62,69,70,71,72. i have from 73 up minus 04-05-06. if anyone can help with these sets please let me know.

i collect them in various conditions depending on the lots i buy to start them. most of them are in vg-ex+,collector condition. the 56 and 57 sets are better since i had the opportunity to pick up lots in higher grade. i'm close on the 50's sets, except the 52.

i also pick up some t206 cards when i can in low grade, one day i would like to take a shot at the monster, i have maybe 15% or so with HOF including a cobb.

great post, fun reading

good luck all!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Justin Cur.ze

Default 1948 Leaf

I think the coolest set is the 1948 Leaf set and I collect that exclusively. For several reasons:

1) - The cards look like pop art. Like Andy Warhol or something. They are all these crazy colors, and on the front it only lists play names. Not the team or position or anything else appears on the front and they're not even "photos."

2) - The horrible registration (which is NOT taken into account for the most part when graded by the companies) is just another element of card value. Usually, corners, centering, wear, creasing, etc. are the main elements. With this set, you also could have a PSA 5, but the card looks like tar because the print registration is way off. On the other hand, you could have the same card in PSA 2 with horrible corners and edges but spot-on registration. It gives the collector different "reasons" to go after certain cards. You don't have only "grade hogs" in this community

3) - It's expensive to compile, and hard because of the SPs. Anything worth going after should be a challenge and you can't just go out and complete the set in 2 weeks.

That's my take!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Roberto Clemente

I have 2 collecting focuses:

1) Roberto Clemente cards, oddball, memorabilia, etc. - Been collecting for 20+ years. Only know of a couple items that exist that I do not own - hope to find a 1960 Bazooka complete box before I die - any help would bring cash appreciation!

2) Working slowly on a collection of Venezuelan superstars 1959-1972 - Mantle, Clemente, Mays, Aaron, Koufax, Yaz, Ryan, Seaver, Carew, Rose, etc. Have a nice start. Anyone have any to sell? These cards are RIDICULOUSLY challenging and fun when I can add one.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Steve

"The card front only lists player names. Not the team or position or anything else appears on the front and they're not even "photos. 2) - The horrible registration (which is NOT taken into account for the most part when graded by the companies) is just another element of card value. Usually, corners, centering, wear, creasing, etc. are the main elements. With this set, you also could have a PSA 5, but the card looks like tar because the print registration is way off. On the other hand, you could have the same card in PSA 2 with horrible corners and edges but spot-on registration. It gives the collector different "reasons" to go after certain cards..."

Most of the same reasons that made the 1952 Bowmans an interesting set for me. Took more than ten years because so many "NMT" cards could only be seen as out of register when I compared them to lesser condition cards that were sharper. Good thing it was thirty years ago - could not afford to be that picky now.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbbcards View Post
Welcome to the boards Erik!

I love the '67s, and the All-Star Rookie cards are definitely some of my favorite poses!

Thank you.

I love the big trophy's as compared to the smaller cup style that started in 1973.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Phil Garry

My collecting focus has broadened to include anything other than 1952 Mantles or T206 cards
Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Jim

I am focused on completing the 67 BB set. I started this set back in the late 90s for a couple of years and then gave up. About 2 years ago I started working on the set again, and using eBay I made a nice dent in my want list.

This has been a challenge and I am still over 80 cards from completion. I prefer raw cards in NM and NM-MT condition but sometimes I buy 7s and 8s and then crack them out.

Jim
Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

Down to 41 for the 1953 Topps set!

Only "biggies" are:
Mays, Rizoutto, Haddix, Newhouser & Jensen!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:25 PM

I mainly collect Rod Carew during his playing years. I also dabble in the other Twins greats like Puckett and Killebrew. I keep tabs of my Carews at http://www.photobucket.com/rodcarewcollection
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers6884 View Post
I am focused on completing the 67 BB set. I started this set back in the late 90s for a couple of years and then gave up. About 2 years ago I started working on the set again, and using eBay I made a nice dent in my want list.

This has been a challenge and I am still over 80 cards from completion. I prefer raw cards in NM and NM-MT condition but sometimes I buy 7s and 8s and then crack them out.

Jim
There is a fairly new video out on You Tube someone posted on the 1967 Topps set. He completed it, all graded. He talks about some of the variations and errors.

Like you though, I prefer the cards raw.

Erik
Old 02-04-2012, 08:01 PM

I'm new here, but i've been collecting cards since I was 7, roughly 22 years ago. I started out thinking I could collect every card made...and as I got older, I slowly realized that it was literally impossible! So, I narrowed it down to players in each sport that I admired...or played for my favorite team. It started out as Nolan Ryan, Derek Jeter, Juan Gonzalez, Art Monk, any Duke graduates, Jim Carey (Hockey), Mario Lemiuex, and Jaromir Jagr. I then decided that was too much! I finally grew up a little more...and dumped everyone except my childhood idol...NOLAN RYAN!!! One regret...I traded away my Derek Jeter 1993 SP RC...before it peaked! It's worked out though...I've built a huge Nolan Ryan collection, working on 2500 different cards. I completely stopped collecting the other major sports, but recently decided to collect J.J. Redick and Art Monk, for various reasons (i'm a die hard Duke basketball fan and one of those unfortunate naive Washington Redskins fans...born and raised...lol).

So, to break it down....I collect:

NOLAN RYAN
J.J. Redick
Art Monk
and dabble in Chris Cooley

I joined this forum to hopefully do some damage to the older oddball Ryan's I need...and i've always wanted to start "yard sale hunting" in search of the rare finds (someone looking to dump their kids old cards from the attic)....I've yet to go yard sale'n in search of this, but hopefully will this spring. Plus, I do enjoy just browsing posts and reading comments from those of you who have been in this hobby much longer than me! It's like chatting with my grandpa (PaPa) and listening to his stories of seeing Roberto Clemente throwing rockets from right field to third base on a dime, among other great sports stories!

Glad I could share! Thanks!

Josh
Old 02-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Val Kehl

Hi Josh - Welcome to Net54! I'm a native of and have lived all my life in No. Va. - and I am a life-long Redskins fan. I began watching them on TV as a youngster back when Eddie LeBaron was their quarterback - I'm really dating myself! Our "Skins have had some glory days, but unfortunately it has been 20 years since they last won the Super Bowl - hopefully, it won't be another 20 years before they win it again!

Good luck with your collection!
Val
Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Rob
R0bert Ge,ntieu

I am going for a high-grade 1952 through 20?? (present day) Topps set run with the keys graded, and if I can complete a few early Bowman sets, well we'll call that a bonus. So far I've finished 1957, 1960 thru 1962, 1964 and 1965, and 1967 thru 2007. Check back with me in 50 years to see if I ever complete the task. Rob
Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
That's the beauty of this hobby Erik: it all really is in the eye of the beholder. Anyone's collecting interest is just as valid and valuable as anyone else's, no matter the amount of money or time invested. I was a Cub fan for many years and loved Santo, Banks and Williams - biggest injustice in pro sports that those guys never reached the promised land, but makes their cards even more desireable, in my opinion. Appears that you were born the year of the AFL/NFL merger - how did you happen to love that league?
Wow, I am re-opening an old thread and I apologize for it.

To answer a question I did not answer back then, my dad loved the AFL and would talk about it all the time. As I got older, I read more about the AFL and was fascinated by the wide open play, the high scoring and the great characters and players of the AFL such as Wahoo McDaniel, Ernie Ladd, John Hadl and Jack Kemp.

My collecting focus has changed a little. Still working on the 1967 Topps AFL Football set as well as collecting baseball cards of some of my favorite players such as Ron Santo, Billy Williams, Tony Oliva and a few others. I also do like the Topps All Star Rookie cards from the 60s and pick them up when I can.

Last edited by Samsdaddy; 11-14-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Great rebirth of a thread. For those that previously posted, any changes?

My focus is 1952-1990 Topps Detroit Tiger cards. Less than 10 from completion.
T206 Detroit Tiger cards, need 11 more.

Post war HoF rookie cards and their Topps base cards (low priority).

1956 Topps set, my first vintage cards were from this set.

1969 Topps, year of birth and already have 1970 thru 2000.

1967 Topps set, was trying for Ex-Mt to NrMt. Think I'm going to bail of this set.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
Great rebirth of a thread. For those that previously posted, any changes?

My focus is 1952-1990 Topps Detroit Tiger cards. Less than 10 from completion.
T206 Detroit Tiger cards, need 11 more.

Post war HoF rookie cards and their Topps base cards (low priority).

1956 Topps set, my first vintage cards were from this set.

1969 Topps, year of birth and already have 1970 thru 2000.

1967 Topps set, was trying for Ex-Mt to NrMt. Think I'm going to bail of this set.
Brent, do you mean you are going to stop collecting the 67 set or just try to get it in a lesser grade condition? I understand the high numbers are very tough for this set. Pretty set though. My favorite card of the 1967 set is Billy Williams. It helps he is one of my favorite players of all time but I do like his card as well.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Erik

I try to be realistic in terms of my collecting. With that being said, putting together a complete vintage baseball set from the 60s is not feasible for me at this time nor do I have a strong desire to put one together.

But, I love the subsets such as the All Star cards and All Star rookie cards and those are fun to put together. The 1968 Topps Game cards is something I would like to complete as well.

Football is a different story when it comes to sets. Putting the 1967 Topps AFL set together because as stated earlier, I love the AFL and this is from the year of my birth. Plus, 132 cards is easier than 500 or 600 plus cards in a Topps Baseball set.

The main thing is I am having fun collecting what I collect. I don't have a lot of cards but what I have I love.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i started with the cards i always wanted to have (rookies)
like Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Payton, Unitas, then went to baseball.
Went hard core with Mickey Mantles, until i hit my whale RC. (see avatar) Still like to get the other A version.
Sold off several items to re-coup my expenses and now back at it hard again.
So i switched back to rookie cards, but nothing to prevail latley. Still have the Mantle urges at times (only because BestDj77 has some nice stuff, he wont sell me) LOL
I still lookout for a Hank Aaron RC, W.Mays RC/bowman, Clemente RC --finding ones that are nicely centered is my focus there.
Heck, i even found myself in the pre-war stuff, bidding on Ty Cobb and Ruth items. Kinda like the old stuff.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 11-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
nels0n aud.et

In pre-war my collecting focus is my 1933 goudey set.
For the Post-war, my collecting focus is a little bit fuzzy....
Probably i will try to build a 21(bowman&topps) mickey mantle cards run and i would like to have some other cards like couple roger maris cards, a 52 or 53 robinson and perhaps other 50's HOF Rookie.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Post war I'm pretty focused:

1. almost finished with late 40's thru 50's hof topps/bowman/leaf type card subset. At least 1 card of each hofer that played in this era, and at least 3 of each leaf/bowman/topps regular issue between 48 and 59. I'm at 108 and 7 remain on my want list.

When I finish this I'll probably move to 60's topps regular issue hof/type set.

these two aren't vintage, but they are part of my collecting focus:

2. Barry Larkin collection - over 1100 different and not even half way there according to a list I got off beckett.com

3. 1995 ud cc se gold signature - still need about 30 to complete.

1. I morphed my post war goal into: all of the topps/bowman regular issue hall of famers from 1949 to 1979 (low grade natural state). Current focus is on reaching at least 10 in each year. Need another 55 topps and a few 48, 49, 51 bowman to hit that mark.

2. up to 1350 Larkin cards, but have slowed way down.

3. completed the se gold signature and now am looking for hand signed cards from that set to complement the gold and silver sigs. Those don't come up very often, but I now have 121 of them.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I have been collecting 52 Topps ungraded, but they are increasingly hard to find in nice condition. I recently switched to collecting the 73 set which is the first cards that I remember collecting growing up. Collecting a set will give me focus and a goal to work towards.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsdaddy View Post
Brent, do you mean you are going to stop collecting the 67 set or just try to get it in a lesser grade condition? I understand the high numbers are very tough for this set. Pretty set though. My favorite card of the 1967 set is Billy Williams. It helps he is one of my favorite players of all time but I do like his card as well.
I will be selling. The high numbers were killing me.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Derek Granger

Default Collecting Focus

Cool thread. I must have missed this the first time around.

Primary focus is HOF rookie and pre-rookie cards pre- and post-war. I'm close to 2/3 of the way there for my "ideal" rookie collection...although it would be unrealistic for me to assume I could ever complete it w/ so many "one of ones".

Second focus has been Rickey Henderson cards and memorabilia. Collecting his stuff has resulted in me taking a serious look at whether I have a hoarding problem. Henderson takes up a full (large) closet in my house and he is starting to invade other parts of the house...need to tone this down a bit!!!

Third will be a set for/with my son: 1911 Helmar Stamps. Close to 1/2 way there on that one!! Just started this year...

Dabble in Japanese HOF cards...

Also dabble in cards I think are cool looking and underpriced...if only I could sell some of this stuff!!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 11-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
i started with the cards i always wanted to have (rookies)
like Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Payton, Unitas, then went to baseball.
Went hard core with Mickey Mantles, until i hit my whale RC. (see avatar) Still like to get the other A version.
Sold off several items to re-coup my expenses and now back at it hard again.
So i switched back to rookie cards, but nothing to prevail latley. Still have the Mantle urges at times (only because BestDj77 has some nice stuff, he wont sell me) LOL
I still lookout for a Hank Aaron RC, W.Mays RC/bowman, Clemente RC --finding ones that are nicely centered is my focus there.
Heck, i even found myself in the pre-war stuff, bidding on Ty Cobb and Ruth items. Kinda like the old stuff.
Glad you are collecting Mantles again! Some day I am sure I will send something your way
Old 11-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Second focus has been Rickey Henderson cards and memorabilia. Collecting his stuff has resulted in me taking a serious look at whether I have a hoarding problem. Henderson takes up a full (large) closet in my house and he is starting to invade other parts of the house...need to tone this down a bit!!!
The uncashed check would be the ultimate Henderson collectable.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Derek Granger

Default Rickey Henderson

Great story. Before there was "Manny being Manny", there was "Rickey being Rickey"!!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I have no focus. I collect all sorts of stuff. I favor obscure/rare issues; exhibit and other arcade cards; items relating to Burbank CA history, specifically Jim Jeffries materials; Joe Louis cards and premiums; Benny Leonard cards and premiums; Academy Awards tickets; Star Trek TOS autographed cards; 1976 Star Trek [Topps] materials; and so on. I've got probably 30-40 partial sets under way at any given time. I never seem to finish any of them but I am having fun.
Finances have forced some refinements to my acquisitions but all of the above still applies. Another 'focus' of mine has been to sell off my high-grade post-war mainstream cards and replace them with low-grade raw specimens. It is like being a kid again; I can go after lots of cards of all my favorites for the same money I had tied up in plastic tombs of a few cards. And I find I enjoy them even more since I can put them in an album, sit down and follow the spirit of Jeff Burdick: “A Card Collection is a magic carpet that takes you away from work-a-day cares to havens of relaxing quietude where you can relive the pleasures and adventures of a past day - brought to life in vivid pictures and prose….Here is an ever changing mural of life, peoples, and events as they have moved across the pages of time. Splendorous pageantry of the rise and triumphs of empires, alternating with the quaint life of a small boy, the fragrance of garden flowers, and the tender love of a mother and child”

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Finances have forced some refinements to my acquisitions but all of the above still applies. Another 'focus' of mine has been to sell off my high-grade post-war mainstream cards and replace them with low-grade raw specimens. It is like being a kid again; I can go after lots of cards of all my favorites for the same money I had tied up in plastic tombs of a few cards. And I find I enjoy them even more since I can put them in an album, sit down and follow the spirit of Jeff Burdick: “A Card Collection is a magic carpet that takes you away from work-a-day cares to havens of relaxing quietude where you can relive the pleasures and adventures of a past day - brought to life in vivid pictures and prose….Here is an ever changing mural of life, peoples, and events as they have moved across the pages of time. Splendorous pageantry of the rise and triumphs of empires, alternating with the quaint life of a small boy, the fragrance of garden flowers, and the tender love of a mother and child”
I read a similar statement of yours in another thread and wanted you to know you are not alone. I have recently started doing the same thing. I am having a great time going after lots of my all-time favorite 50s sets at a faster pace than before. I had quite a bit of dough tied up in a chosen few and, for me personally, I am having more fun now. Thanks for your posts.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I read a similar statement of yours in another thread and wanted you to know you are not alone. I have recently started doing the same thing. I am having a great time going after lots of my all-time favorite 50s sets at a faster pace than before. I had quite a bit of dough tied up in a chosen few and, for me personally, I am having more fun now. Thanks for your posts.
In agreement with you as well. I am very happy finding cards in their "natural" state in mid grade condition too and especially now as finances are very tight until I am working again.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Thanks, guys. For me it is a permanent change. My goal is to go into my retirement years [I hope] with a card collection that is fun and has virtually no money into it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Erik

Quote:
Thanks, guys. For me it is a permanent change. My goal is to go into my retirement years [I hope] with a card collection that is fun and has virtually no money into it.
Good goal and I am right there with you.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Sam Lemoine

Throw me into that pile as well. I sold almost all of my graded cards earlier this year. For example, I had a 1954 Bowman PSA graded football set that I sold off. I was sad about selling it until I realized how much it would cost me to get an Ex-Mt set of the same (about 20 percent). My goal is ultimately to complete the Topps/Bowman football sets from 1948 to the present (minus the stupid inserts and crap) and Topps baseball from 1970 to the present, plus a few of my older favorites (1956, 1959, 1960, 1963, 1967 Topps - 1955 Bowman - 1940 Play Ball). With EVERY card being raw!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Fun thread! The last few days, I have started thinking about slowing down on the complete set building and focusing more on individual players. I'd like to start with Ted Williams. I figure I might collect him in the near future. If I hit a wall or just get restless, I can switch to Mantle, Aaron, Clemente, etc. I want to do this because it tends to take me quite a while to finish a set. I have been working on 57 and 59 Topps. I see so many other cards that I would like to have, I just start to wanting to do something else for a while. Call it collectors' ADD I guess. Ted has always been a favorite, and I have been seeing some good deals on mid grade cards lately. I used to have several of his cards but sold them. It will be fun to reacquire them and then some.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Jake Dahl

Baseball Hall of Fame Vintage Cards and Rookies- trying to get as many of these cards as my budget will allow graded or raw, but prefer graded

Baseball Hall of Fame autographs- I own 37 and haven't added one in a while, but not giving up. I want a autograph of every baseball hall of famer but don't know if it will happen, but still love collecting them anyways.

Yankees/Highlanders post war and pre war cards and memorabilia- my favorite team, just love collecting anything and everything Yankees and Highlanders

Pre War/Post War Yankees/Highlanders Cards and Memorabilia

1960 Topps Baseball set

Any other cool sports cards and memorabilia
Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post

2. Barry Larkin collection - over 1100 different and not even half way there according to a list I got off Beckett
Omg