NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-31-2016, 01:37 PM

Default /Ebay selling problem - what should I do?

I just listed a pre-war card on ebay a few minutes ago and realized I did not click the "Pre-War" box when I listed it. So now, if people do a search for only pre-war cards (like I usually do), they won't find it. Ebay will not let me check the box now because the auction already has bids.

I am tempted to end the auction and start over. But bidding is already over $100, with a $1 minimum bid, and the auction has been live for only a few minutes. Should I send the bidders an apology and start the auction over? Or should I just let it run? What would you do? Thanks.

Paul
ebay id: pstewart493r
Old 12-31-2016, 01:54 PM
Dave

I'd let it ride. Other bidders obviously found it pretty quickly. Item Specifics are over-rated IMO. If it's a card or from a set that's heavily collected already, the right people will find it in one or another of their searches.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:21 PM

Thank you. So you think it's unusual for someone to scroll through all the pre-war listings?
Old 12-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Sean Costello

I can only tell you that I try to narrow down my search to specific sets or players.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:47 PM
Sam Lemoine

I agree with the others. I almost never search a genre, just for that reason. I can't tell you how many cards I've purchased that were in the wrong sport or not even listed in cards at all. My searches are set up to find things no matter where they are. I'll bet your items will be found just fine.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:16 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

The days of finding items in the wrong category has sailed. You'll do fine

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 12-31-2016, 04:10 PM
Jay Cee

Key word searches is what the majority use I imagine. Let it ride!
Old 12-31-2016, 05:35 PM

Thank you all for your advice. I'm letting it ride.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:16 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

For memorabilia at least, I usually do searches by words, so it doesn't matter what categories are clicked. I rarely to never pick a category and scroll down through the listings.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:24 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Let it ride. Always let it ride unless you have made a gross error in the description. You will never be able to explain the relist to everyone's satisfaction (you won't even know who is watching and has not bid yet), and will scare off more bidders than you will gain by having an item specific checked.

Personally, I rely zero on item specifics, best matches and categories, and primarily use very specific searches. The less I can leave it up to eBay Rio show me what should be buying, the better.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-31-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:52 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Thank you. So you think it's unusual for someone to scroll through all the pre-war listings?
Honestly never done that once in 20 years on ebay. To much time and useless items.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Wrong year?

Paul,

I'd also let it ride if all of the parameters of the above mentioned were true BUT I think you might have put the wrong year in the title.

I believe that card is from 1921. With such a rare card, I would think you would want to at least be accurate in the actual year of the card.

I realize these were distributed in October of 1921 and could be considered 1921/22 but I'm pretty sure it is a 1921 Bread card.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, Mike

PS If in fact this is a 1921, I'd end it, cancel the bids, fix the "pre-war" search, fix the year, put a small explanation on why you ended it in the description and "voila" no more worries. As far as everyone is saying on here, it is true that the "search" function is not a big deal as most will search for player name or set name BUT with the wrong year on a high end card could lead to problems and reputation down the road. Good luck. It is a great card!

Last edited by vthobby; 01-01-2017 at 07:48 AM.