NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Signature Auction #7085 - November 7-9, 2013

Hey Everyone,

Bidding for the November 7-9 Heritage Sports Signature Auction has already started and catalogs – 3 volumes this time - should have arrived by now. There is a great selection of vintage cards with something for everyone. If you want a catalog or haven’t received one yet, just email me all your mailing information at peterc@ha.com.

Bidding for the card lots in session one ends on Thursday, November 7, 2013. Same format as last auction, you have to have bid on a lot before 10pm central time to be able to bid during the 30-minute extended period. Each lot ends on its own 30-minute clock rule. Be sure to check the final session on November 9, there is a nice selection of vintage cards there too.

The home page for the auction is at: http://sports.ha.com/?ic=task-sports. Registration is free!

This auction starts off with an SGC graded Four Base Hits of Pete Gillespie and it just gets better! The 19th century fan will find the only graded Tom C. Williams Just So Tobacco card, N28s, an N175, N321, N333, N338-2, N403, N690 and an E223 Mickey Welch. Entering the 20th Century you’ll find an E107 Dahlen, E90-1 Jackson, Souvenir Post Card Shop Lajoie, E92 near set, E95 set, two E96 sets, a new to the hobby E98 set, plus another round of E98 Black Swamp cards, as well as D359 Rochester Baking, a T211, T216 Mino Hal Chase, T216 Kotton Honus Wagner, a possibly unique 1913 Houston Buffaloes RPPC, plus T213s, Cracker Jacks, high grade T204s, T205s, T206s including a newly found T206 Brown Hindu Cy Young portrait and a Gaspar with a Drum back. The late-1910’s are well represented with E135s, a D-Unc. Merchants Bakery Johnny Evers and a H801-8 Boston Store Walter Johnson. From the ‘30s there is a selection of high grade 1933, 1934 and 1941 Goudey cards with at least one example of all four ’33 Babe Ruth cards plus the ’33 Goudey #144 US Patent Office card! And that’s just the baseball section…

Don't miss the neat group of autographed T205s and T206s ending November 8th!

As mentioned, the auction runs from November 7-9, 2013 and Good Luck!

Peter
Old 10-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i received those 3 books, i think last week. And boy they were heavy. Like the Stan Musial Collection. I love the 'new' smell of a new catalog
Lots of nice items for all. Placed a bid(s) and hoping to get it/them.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 10-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Hometown but out of reach

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleN...No=80227#Photo

Blown away by the JH Dugan calendar item, from my hometown of Rutland, Vermont.

I don't know anything about the item except that i lived there most of my life...and I sure would like that lot. I don't think I am outing anything since this is a world famous AH and the lot is already over 65K

Congrats in advance to the winner (and to the consignor)
I am going to try researching ths a bit, as well as buying a
Powerball ticket for tonight

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Barry Sloate

The Just So of Tom Williams appears to be a new addition to the checklist, and previously unknown. That's pretty exciting!
Old 10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
The Just So of Tom Williams appears to be a new addition to the checklist, and previously unknown. That's pretty exciting!
Barry,

Tom "T.C." Williams was checklisted in Lipset's Encyclopedia. At the time it was one of 6 different players known.. It could be a new, additional example of Williams though.

Rob
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Auction - New Feature

Just a little bump to announce a new feature to the auction and to remind everyone that our November Auction ends tomorrow night.

We have added a feature for everyone to see bidding activity! If you click on the auction graphic of Stan Musial's portarit or go to any lot page, you will find a link that reads "View Most Recent Bid Activity." Click this link and a page opens showing you the last 100 bids placed and what lots received those bids.

Open bidding for card lots ends at 10pm central time, Thursday, November 7 then the 30-minute clock rule goes into effect.

Thank You and Good Luck!

Peter
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecld View Post
Just a little bump to announce a new feature to the auction and to remind everyone that our November Auction ends tomorrow night.

We have added a feature for everyone to see bidding activity! If you click on the auction graphic of Stan Musial's portarit or go to any lot page, you will find a link that reads "View Most Recent Bid Activity." Click this link and a page opens showing you the last 100 bids placed and what lots received those bids.

Open bidding for card lots ends at 10pm central time, Thursday, November 7 then the 30-minute clock rule goes into effect.

Thank You and Good Luck!

Peter

Hey Peter
I especially like the new and revamped site. I think it is much improved. Good luck with the auction!! I have my eye on a few things..

I should add, specifically I like the new way, when I am looking at a lot (card), it is a cleaner look. I think there used to be more distractions when examining things to bid on?

Last edited by Leon; 11-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Bid Activity Feature

Thanks Leon.

Sorry, probably just should have done this in the first place. You can use this link to get to the bidding history:

http://sports.ha.com/c/recent-bid-ac...zx?saleNo=7085

I am open to any and all comments about this new feature. Good or bad, please email with feedback.

Peter
Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecld View Post
Thanks Leon.

Sorry, probably just should have done this in the first place. You can use this link to get to the bidding history:

http://sports.ha.com/c/recent-bid-ac...zx?saleNo=7085

I am open to any and all comments about this new feature. Good or bad, please email with feedback.

Peter
Very cool Peter. It's always fun to see what's getting the bids most currently. I am sure the action will heat up this evening. Good luck and good luck to everyone, me included ..
Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Robert A

Thanks to Heritage for having very nice scans.

Robert
Old 11-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Belltown Vintage

Cool stuff, Pete, as always. And the usual great catalogs and super-clear scans.

So far, my favorite bit of description: "Condition issues must be forgiven in light of the remarkable vintage."

I immediately forgave the condition and bid as if it looked new
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Sean Costello

That Blue Old Mill sold for $14,340. Less than what it sold for last time.