NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-29-2017, 03:55 PM
Scott

Default eBay help and am I stuck?

Well, this may be a case of too good to be true. As most of you know I am serious financial issues and when I saw this piece I figured I could make a few bucks. There is no mention of reprint in title or the description. The only thing is please see pictures. I purchased the item without seeing the tiny little black reprint which is even semi-blurred-on the picture .

I have asked for a refund saying the description was misleading. What do you guys think ? Do I have a chance to get a refund and if he does not want to issue a refund will PayPal side with me?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you all!

https://m.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-SPO...53.m2749.l2649
Old 09-29-2017, 04:39 PM

Greed got the best of you here. They are clearly marked "reprint." You just jumped on the Buy it Now without being careful. Your fault, IMHO.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Chris

Yes. That's a really deceptive listing. I'd fight it and think you'd be successful.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:44 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Greed got the best of you here. They are clearly marked "reprint." You just jumped on the Buy it Now without being careful. Your fault, IMHO.
Clearly marked and not even listed in description? I beg to differ about "greed" too.

Anyone else with a more understanding opinion?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Chris

For what it's worth, I've purchased something similar before (baseball card marked reprint). I returned it. If you're selling a reprint, list reprint in the title and description and don't waste people's time. Better yet, just don't sell reprints.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Chris

Quote:
I don't know if you can fairly call it greed. He's trying to make a living buying and selling stuff. Buying something at a price you can flip it at doesn't make one greedy.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I don't know if you can fairly call it greed. He's trying to make a living buying and selling stuff. Buying something at a price you can flip it at doesn't make one greedy.
It's far from a living but I'm just trying to make a little bit of money thank you for understanding and God bless thank you
Old 09-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
For what it's worth, I've purchased something similar before (baseball card marked reprint). I returned it. If you're selling a reprint, list reprint in the title and description and don't waste people's time. Better yet, just don't sell reprints.
I agree.

"Reprint" should be in the title.

Ebay does not enforce it's "Misleading Title" rule.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Just refuse delivery - return to sender - save yourself the shipping
Old 09-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Just refuse delivery - return to sender - save yourself the shipping
So I'm out the 20 bucks so far doesn't look very good from what you guys of been telling me. So I guess that means I've got to buy it I'm gonna keep it and just maybe try to get my money back as a reprint. Was still waiting to hear something from the seller although I don't feel too confident anything good will come out of that
Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Don't fight it with the seller. PayPal will side with you.

And if you didn't use PayPal, then eBay should as well. Either way, you would be covered for a full refund. When you hover over the provided pics, you can see the word "Reprint" pretty clearly. But still, it should have been stated in the title (or at least in the description).

Best of luck.

Last edited by perezfan; 09-29-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
So I'm out the 20 bucks so far doesn't look very good from what you guys of been telling me. So I guess that means I've got to buy it I'm gonna keep it and just maybe try to get my money back as a reprint. Was still waiting to hear something from the seller although I don't feel too confident anything good will come out of that
I know it reads "Reprint" on the item, but the word "Reprint" should be in the title.

IMHO, that is a misleading title.

If you're unable to get your money refunded, you can "Neg" him.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Very very deceptive. I had to look at it 5 times to see the word reprint. Total game playing. Nothing in the buyer's write up makes clear what this is. What a crock.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Christopher Williams

Hundreds of Ebay sellers pull that same crap!!!
Old 09-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Scott

Not as many as the forgers tho. So much garbage
Old 09-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Chris

Quote:
When you go through paypal you typically have to pay for the return shipping. I think the message you are responding to was just a suggestion on how to save on the return shipping--mark it return to sender and refuse shipping. May save some money.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Scott

Update everyone. The seller message me and said no problem on the refund. Restores my faith in mankind I told him he should sell it is a reprint and talk up how nice it is and what a goodbye it is against an original. Just trying to help. Thank you to everyone for all their suggestions and ideas I appreciate it very much
Old 09-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Quote:
When you go through paypal you typically have to pay for the return shipping. I think the message you are responding to was just a suggestion on how to save on the return shipping--mark it return to sender and refuse shipping. May save some money.
Doesn't "not as described" also get the seller to pay for return shipping through PayPal? That was the reason I selected when returning a glove and the seller messaged me saying it was unfair for her to pay for shipping. I replied pointing out that her dimensions were off. I got my money back and didn't hear from her again
Old 09-29-2017, 07:45 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

If you're selling a reprint, you have to say it's a reprint. Cut and dry. And I assume it was intentional, especially considering he did list the 1931 copyright.

Last edited by drcy; 09-29-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Chris

Hey Michael, I wasn't aware of that. I've had very few returns, so that may be the case.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Clearly marked and not even listed in description? I beg to differ about "greed" too.

Anyone else with a more understanding opinion?
Oh, I see...
You're only looking for "understanding" opinions.
"Only those who agree with me need respond."

Yeah. The guy shoulda mentioned "reprint" in the title. But you didn't do your due diligence. Period. Can't always blame things on the other guy.

"As my dear old grandfather Litvak said (just before they swung the trap), he said 'You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump.' " - W. C. Fields

Last edited by David Atkatz; 09-29-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Dan Bretta

I recently fell for one of those Ohio flea market garbage dealers. I collect Lincoln, Nebraska postcards and am always on the lookout for Cushman postcards because they were built in Lincoln. I ran across this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-039-s-P...p2047675.l2557

I've been collecting Lincoln postcards for about a decade now and have easily 5,000 different so I'm not surprised when I run across a card I've never seen before. I checked Worthpoint and saw a recent sale of the same card:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...tor-1840994933

So I set my snipe and won it easily. I got it in the mail yesterday and it clearly is a fake, it was a copy from something glued to a real postcard. I contacted the seller and he immediately refunded me. He didn't even reply to my message, just a refund. So I dug around his completed listings and almost everything he sells that is advertising is fake. My guess is this guy gets caught a lot of just automatically refunds without making a fuss about it to keep his feedback rating intact. I tried to leave a neutral to warn others and the system is making me wait 7 days.

edited to add: it also became clear to me after further searching that the postcard on worthpoint and the recent one I purchased were listed by the same seller. He used a different background on them, but I saw from his completed listings that the carpet he uses on some of his stuff was the same as the carpet in the listing I found on worthpoint.

edited again to add: Also I believe this seller has blocked me, I can't even send him a message now.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 09-29-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:32 AM
Scott

Quote:
Oh, I see...

Yeah. The guy shoulda mentioned "reprint" in the title. But you didn't do your due diligence. Period. Can't always blame things on the other guy.

"As my dear old grandfather Litvak said (just before they swung the trap), he said 'You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump.' " - W. C. Fields
The greed comment was harsh, esp to me. Perhaps people should learn how to list things. That is, unless they are tiptoeing around and trying to mislead someone. And I have an issue with someone not disclosing something more apparently than that .

Maybe you believe that someone is greedy trying to get a good deal on something. I guess you don't have the problems. I'm happy for you. But I also would never have an attitude like that to a fellow board member who is asking for a little advice and felt the listing was bad. Have a good day sir

Scott Roberts
Old 09-30-2017, 06:46 AM
Rob

There's no need to fight anything. The seller has a 30 day return policy.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:59 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Opinion

Scott,

Remember "you" asked for an opinion and you received opinions from the forum. Good and bad you should consider the opinions you asked for even if you disagree.

My opinion is if it's too good to be true it usually is and you purchased an item that has reprint on the pic. I would agree seller should have listed it this way, but buyer beware.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
There's no need to fight anything. The seller has a 30 day return policy.
I know. I am shaking my head with head in hands.....can't believe it was ever a question. Seller gives 30 day returns, no stipulations. Mankind is good but there are some outliers.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Scott

Quote:
Oh, I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Scott,

Remember "you" asked for an opinion and you received opinions from the forum. Good and bad you should consider the opinions you asked for even if you disagree.

My opinion is if it's too good to be true it usually is and you purchased an item that has reprint on the pic. I would agree seller should have listed it this way, but buyer beware.

Didn't see that return policy. I just don't like being talked to Rudely. It's over now anyways
Old 09-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Ben North

Scott I know I have done this before also. I saw a listing and looked at the picture and instantly hit the BIN. Then after I paid and went back and read the listing it clearly stated in the description that the error card pictured in the lot was not included.

We have different life circumstances so I ate the loss and wrote it up as a learning experience. Whatever your problem is you have had it for a long time. I have bought from you before and you do seem like a great guy. You are also very helpful on this forum so please quit whatever is causing it and get better. Wishing you the best
Old 09-30-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
The greed comment was harsh... But I also would never have an attitude like that to a fellow board member who is asking for a little advice and felt the listing was bad. Have a good day sir

Scott Roberts
Harsh? You jumped on a Buy it Now because you thought the price was absurdly low. We've all done it. And we all know why we've done it.

Scott, do you ever post here without mentioning your financial problems? It's been going on for years now. Getting a bit old.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:27 AM
Scott

Quote:
Harsh? You jumped on a Buy it Now because you thought the price was absurdly low. We've all done it. And we all know why we've done it.

Scott, do you ever post here without mentioning your financial problems? It's been going on for years now. Getting a bit old.
You have a point . Just b lucky. I won't reply anymore on this thread
Old 09-30-2017, 11:01 AM
Scott

Quote:
Oh, I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Scott,

Didn't see that return policy. I just don't like being talked to Rudely. It's over now anyways
Old 09-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Glad to see this worked out. Ive bought a few game used bats from the seller and he always did right by me.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:27 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

What would of been the market price on this item if it was not a re-print.

the listing is deceptive...even if no return policy.....ebay would of refunded...spalding did not produce the 'reprint' for example..but thats what it says in the listing etc..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 09-30-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

Glad it worked out for you Scott