NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Hoist the Cup St. Louis!!!

Congrats. Very well played. Well deserved too. The monkey is gone, and Lord Stanley will mark the names for history. See ya next season!
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Ugh. Damn it. Expletives deleted.

But yes, they rose to the occasion on the road in the ultimate pressure game, and it's a well-deserved title.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:35 PM
Scott Ti3k

Very emotional night for me. I lost my Nephew to Pancreatic Cancer back in 2015. He was only a few years younger than me and we grew up more like Brothers/best friends. We were both always big Blues fans, but nobody loved the Blues like he did. I wish he was here celebrating this win with me tonight. Bittersweet.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:22 AM
jdunevant

I've been a Blues fan since about 1971-ish (10 years old). Still hasn't really sunk in as reality. They wove a wonderful story (last place in January, Binnington, etc).

I was incredibly lucky to attend game 1 in Boston (my son lives there now) and even though we lost that game, will cherish the experience and the end-result forever.

And stick tap to the Bruins (great team) and their fans. They were very cordial and welcoming.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
Very emotional night for me. I lost my Nephew to Pancreatic Cancer back in 2015. He was only a few years younger than me and we grew up more like Brothers/best friends. We were both always big Blues fans, but nobody loved the Blues like he did. I wish he was here celebrating this win with me tonight. Bittersweet.
I am very sorry for your loss, Scott, as he would have been so incredibly happy. Try your best to savor and enjoy the thrill of hoisting the Cup for both of you. ---Brian Powell
Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Al Richter

Saw them lose a Stanley cup game in St Louis years ago when the NHL made the weird decision the have the winner of the expansion division play the winner of the established division for the Cup. Pretty anticlimactic. The only question was whether they might win one game. Nope

So decided to get tickets for game 3 this year. Game was just as lopsided as the one I saw 50 years ago. With this team I should have known to pick a road game. But apparently almost 70,000 fans were either in Bush Stadium ( in the rain) or in their home arena watching game 7
Old 06-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Jeff

Default We Are Ecstatic!

My wife's car

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-13-2019, 03:11 PM

Sincere congrats, Blues and Blues fans! Now where's the thank-you note to our craptastically mismanaged Sabres
for basically paying you take that loser O'Reilly off our hands?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 06-13-2019, 04:32 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Sincere congrats, Blues and Blues fans! Now where's the thank-you note to our craptastically mismanaged Sabres
Consider this a Thank You note from me.

Thank You!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 06-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Mike Lenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
My wife's car

Nice Car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
I thought the Sabres were going to have a better year than they did. I'm a Ranger fan hoping both teams mprove in 2019-2020.

Congratulations Blues!!!
Old 06-13-2019, 07:02 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
I am very sorry for your loss, Scott, as he would have been so incredibly happy. Try your best to savor and enjoy the thrill of hoisting the Cup for both of you. ---Brian Powell
Thanks man! There my facebook feed was flooded by messages by friends & family about him. It was a true testament to what a great guy he was and how many peoples lives he touched.

I am still feeling like it's a dream today, it's really sinking in.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:14 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
Thanks man! There my facebook feed was flooded by messages by friends & family about him. It was a true testament to what a great guy he was and how many peoples lives he touched.

I am still feeling like it's a dream today, it's really sinking in.
Just awesome man.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:01 PM
Al Richter

San Antonio deserves some credit for putting both the Blues ( Binnington) and Toronto ( Leonard) over the hump this year
Old 06-20-2019, 12:21 PM
D.an Jackso.n

What a run. Was on vacation and watched Games 6 and 7 with about 30 Blues brethren.

O'Reilly wins Selke last night in addition to Conn Smythe.

The parade last Saturday was an absolute blow out party. 500,000 people in downtown STL.

And oh yeah, Zach Sanford, New England native, puked while sitting on the back of the convertible Mustang. Classic.

And Brett Hull is still drunk somewhere.