NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Three surprises in SCD this week.

Hi guys,
I was surprised by 3 things in the latest SCD. Maybe this is old news, but it is news to me.

1. A full page ad from ISA.

2. SGC is going to 1/2 grades for the lower end cards.

3. Ken Goldin has started www.goldinauctions. This is his new auction service and he is anticipating 1000 lots in his first auction.

I wish them all the greatest success in their new endeavors.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 08-02-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Goldin has often talked about positives and negatives to his history (I sawn his late night home shopping television, used car salesman act), but I'm sure he has the ability to get nice stuff for his auction. He used to be memorabilia representatives for Shaquille O'Neal and Cal Ripken Jr, so sure he has connections.

I am agnostic about his auctions. Will judge them on their own merits.

Last edited by drc; 08-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:54 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

Was he the owner of the great "Score Board" Ken?
I got burned on a few Mantle autos that were Scoreboard authenticated. Complete fakes.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:48 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblove View Post
Was he the owner of the great "Score Board" Ken?
I got burned on a few Mantle autos that were Scoreboard authenticated. Complete fakes.
that was before the days of the matching holograms on cert and ball. They could have been reproduced COA's possibly or real COA's from a real ball that were then taken and used for a different fake ball. Just saying that they may not have issued the exact ball(s) and COA (s) together, i don't know....I bought some scoreboard stuff in the early 1990's I think out of a JC Penney catalog that were all legit quality balls....

Last edited by yanksfan09; 08-02-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Ken Goldin

Hello
I was informed of this web site at the national and told that it would be a good resource for my Auction company.
In responce to the above, I have worked with law enforcement in the past with regards to people who have illegally reprinted old score board certificates that were not security protected and used them to try to sell FAKE autographs. Most of these have the signature of my father Paul goldin as the facsimile on the cert. If you have old SB certs, look for my facsimile on the cert, and hold up to light and look for a water mark.
If anyone here ever has a question they may message me here with a picture of their item and the cert, or just ask a question.

The website is www.goldinauctions.com and YES, I have worked with every athlete in the industry from Joe Dimaggio and Mickey Mantle, to Ali, Ripken, Shaq, Aaron etc. I have paid out over $150 million directly to athletes over my career, so it certainly makes sense that the specialty of Goldin Auctions is going to be bringing athlete collections for auction.
Ken Goldin

Last edited by kengoldin; 08-13-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Anthony Ram.os

Any thoughts on ISA?
Old 08-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Jeff

.......and

4. They're still printing SCD

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I thought you were going to say that they finally got rid of Coaches' Corner ads.