NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Richard Simon

Default Some Amazon autograph sellers are hallucinating

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sc_1308_...-price&ie=UTF8

Especially look at the Ken Griffey Jr piece
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-07-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 PM
$teve O.

Wow $39,000 .Theres only 1 left......order soon!

Last edited by 39special; 10-07-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 PM
James Wymer

I guarantee I can get him to sign it in person for that.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Jeff P0tter

Almost all of those items on Amazon are "clones" from eBay. They are being sold by companies that do not own the items, they go out to ebay, find collectibles that are being offered by different people, and then mark them up like a drop shipper. If they get a bite, they buy it on eBay and sometimes will even set the address to send straight to a client. They usually jack them up so high that no one ever bites I would assume, but perhaps they get lucky every once in awhile. I know the sellers of some of those items and they do not sell on amazon.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Richard Simon

If there is a shady way of selling in this business then someone will find it.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Are the fees so high on Amazon that these are the prices one has to sell at to make any money?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 PM
kirk welch

i am pretty sure all 19000 of my ebay items are on amazon now , but they have my permission , no big deal , it is funny though i test listed on amazon maybe 1000 baseballs and couldnt sell hardly a thing , free shipping , the works . i ship two times a day and there isnt a person that will put as much as me into making a sale and getting a repeat buyer. but on amazon in 5 months i have a grand total of 3 feedbacks, 5 of 5 stars, wow. i maybe can sell 3 items a week now with 900 items on there . the problem is my ebay fees are like 8% on amazon it is 20% , it is a whole differnt crowd on there , a cert is a cert for the most part jsa psa gai or even frangipani all are the same. you have a large percent of gift buyers and high percent of women buying , nothing wrong with but if they dont want to pay 75.00 for my mccovey jsa ball then they can buy the same ball for 139.00 with the same scan , an di will be happy to drop ship it , heck i dont even have to pay the shipping. i ship maybe 10 items a week like this to amazon , the people are getting the best service they will get just the same , i ship quite alot through the website as well, i shipped out 15 items today including a 1100.00 cobb piece , so do several of the other high volume ebay sellers , isnt anything wrong with the business model if you have a deal in place and drop shipping. i am not sure if anybody is still buying the ebay items after they sell on another website , that just leads to problems
Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by khw View Post
i am pretty sure all 19000 of my ebay items are on amazon now , but they have my permission , no big deal , it is funny though i test listed on amazon maybe 1000 baseballs and couldnt sell hardly a thing , free shipping , the works . i ship two times a day and there isnt a person that will put as much as me into making a sale and getting a repeat buyer. but on amazon in 5 months i have a grand total of 3 feedbacks, 5 of 5 stars, wow. i maybe can sell 3 items a week now with 900 items on there . the problem is my ebay fees are like 8% on amazon it is 20% , it is a whole differnt crowd on there , a cert is a cert for the most part jsa psa gai or even frangipani all are the same. you have a large percent of gift buyers and high percent of women buying , nothing wrong with but if they dont want to pay 75.00 for my mccovey jsa ball then they can buy the same ball for 139.00 with the same scan , an di will be happy to drop ship it , heck i dont even have to pay the shipping. i ship maybe 10 items a week like this to amazon , the people are getting the best service they will get just the same , i ship quite alot through the website as well, i shipped out 15 items today including a 1100.00 cobb piece , so do several of the other high volume ebay sellers , isnt anything wrong with the business model if you have a deal in place and drop shipping. i am not sure if anybody is still buying the ebay items after they sell on another website , that just leads to problems
I know they used to make a habit of cloning your items on e-bay as well and marking them up 200%? I was just curious if you still let those clowns clone you there as well? My problem with those "clowns" is that they would clone everything, fake and authentic. Your stuff is always nice and I thought they should be kicked off of E-bay for their business model. Much different if they have your approval though, I guess? Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I know they used to make a habit of cloning your items on e-bay as well and marking them up 200%? I was just curious if you still let those clowns clone you there as well? My problem with those "clowns" is that they would clone everything, fake and authentic. Your stuff is always nice and I thought they should be kicked off of E-bay for their business model. Much different if they have your approval though, I guess? Thanks
SportsMemorabilia.com does the same thing.

At one time (maybe they still do) they listed a ton of Derek Jeter forgeries certed by Global Authentics (Steve Sipe).

I had a chat with one of their customer service reps who claimed that SportsMemorabilia.com had an autograph contract (an obvious lie) with Jeter.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 10-07-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
kirk welch

yeah i am not sure what may go on with anybody else , i think i have heard that some stuff is under new management and something about being bought out and maybe mounted memories or something i may be wrong. i set my grounds rules before i do anything and expect the same deal when i do anything like this , i treat it like they are my customers and go from there . i do know if any drop shipping is going they are using the better ebay sellers and people you can trust , but i have no idea if or what is listed and shipped in house
Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 PM
kirk welch

i would not allow anybody to use any of my items on ebay if i am running the items on there , when it comes to ebay the people that buy this stuff know me and know what they are going to get , it is a more collector base , heck i wonder how many people on here have bought from me, just in this thread i know i have bought alot from simmon and i buy hundreds each week from jim stinson and i am sure if these other guys sell i have have bought from them , but the point is on amazon the buyer will go for the name in lights and the store , more of a one time buyer looking for a gift , like ebay gets around the holidays , ok lets get down to brass tacks amazon sucks
Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 PM
S Vincent

I've for sure bought signed checks from KHW on eBay. You have some nice items.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Richard Simon

Ok, I understand what is going on now but $39,000 for Ken Griffey??? .
How much profit does someone need to make? Especially when they have zero investment in the item and zero carrying cost.
We are business people and I never knock anyone for their profit but I remember my favorite saying when I was on Wall Street that says bulls and bears make money but pigs go broke.
What is that Griffey selling for on ebay?
And what wife does anyone know who will spend $39,000 on an autograph for her husband?? .
And KHW thanks for all your business (even though you misspell my name ) and I know Amazon sucks for collectibles but Amazon is great for consumer goods.
You cannot beat their prices or shipping.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.