NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Default Any thoughts on Ebay's new $200 switch of bidder ID ?

Posted By: MVSNYC

dave-

i have dealt many times with Don Loucios & Don Spence, i also know their eBay ID's...BUT i will not reveal that, it is up to them to disclose...they are both very private, and i am sure they would want it to remain that way...

Best-
MS

Old 02-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

If you take (or have) the time to click on the bidder information provided by eBay, you can tell, with similar certainty as before, whether a bidder is a shill. Not foolproof, but neither was the system when the ID's were provided.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I am not sure what you are saying......but, I'll say for higher priced cards ($500+ value),
most "shill" bidding will occur considerably above the "$200 threshold". And, at this point
with this new system, it is very difficult to detect. Prior to this new "$200 threshold" that
ebay is forcing on us, there were certain measures that one could employ to detect with
a high probability that shill bidding was evident.

Besides, I like to be able to recognize who is bidding on a lot that I might be interested in.
For no other reason than, I don't like contending against friends or Net54 members on a lot.

TED Z

Old 02-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Dale

What I think the previous poster is saying is that the new information provided (which I think only comes up after an auction closes (not much help there)) provides information like how often the bidder deals with seller and more. It can help you to identify a shill; but I have not checked into it during an auction - only saw it after. Still no names - no user names - just some input on bidding history, feedback, number of bids, and connections to the seller on the same. To be honest unless someone wrote a nifty script to search through those daily for shills...few will be found.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RC McKenzie

The prices on ebay seem about the same. It was fun to see who the underbidders were when you won an item, and it was fun to see what other folks on the board were bidding on, but the bottom line is if you want an item, then put yer head down and churn and put in yer best price and see if you win. After seeing the results of the "Ruth Wrapper", there are apparently a lot of folks that I assumed read this board that don't read this board. Best