NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Default Vintagecardpricing - Billing warning.

Posted By: Joe D.

I would say that while edacra's name should have been made public on this forum -

it was not within VCPs right or even their place to offer such information.

This should have been offered up by edacra... or the thread should have been locked.

Yes the info should have been put forth. But - I don't see where VCP is the one who has the right to do so.

how'd I do

Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Frank -- socks are discouraged after April 1.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

But, all we can do here is assume "he" telling the truth..or "he" is telling the truth. If I were in Bobby's shoes, and somebody brought this up, and HAD been checking in on VCP regularly, then by all means I would bring up his name as well because the stakes are much higher when your talking about your "job" being hurt by someone else's accusations.

You have to figure according to Leon's estimate there is roughly 1,000 viewers to this site a day...I would venture probably 250 or so of those are possibly VCP customers? I would bring out my boxing gloves if it were me.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Administrator

I in no way am picking sides in this issue....

but If I were Bobby - I wouldn't have even responded at all. And that is not hindsight.

If you look at the beginning of the thread - edacra looked like the 'wrong' one for even posting, and many forum members let him know it.

Bobby was already the 'winner', the non-aggressor - loved by the forum.

If Bobby did not respond, and handled it only through emails... maybe the "Billing Warning" title wouldn't have been at the top of the forum list for the last couple of days. And Bobby wouldn't have opened himself up to people disagreeing with his point of view.

Point being - edacra showed bad form posting here. Replying only worked to hurt Bobby in this one.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Thank you, Jeff.

I think I might pack one pair, matching, just the same. Barry seems to be quite the gentleman, wouldn't want to embarrass him. Might meet Bruce, gotta make a positive impression there.

And if I were to get into trouble, you're the lawyer for me, as long as you'll stop by the cell and talk baseball and cards after we lose, while I serve my sentence.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

I knew this bad boy had 300 posts in it...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

For the record Edacra could not have stayed private in this string. I didn't need to go there as it was taken care of. The board rules rule. If anyone asks why it's very simple. Hypothetically the original poster could have been a competitor to Bobby's site. Privacy is not an option in some threads, like this one, per the rules. ..take care.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

I just wanted to say that I am very sorry that this happened and it should of been handled differently. I am in the process of a divorce and not thinking correctly as of late and reacted to this situation very poorly. I never should of posted and stayed via email which was pointless because Mr. Barak did post my private emails to him on the board, after which I lost it and started posting facts about him that most likely should not have been done.

Since my seperation I have been working my tail off to make my site the best possible be with latest technology available. And have been working so hard to keep my mind off my personal problems and if I did not have this then most likely would have lost my mind.

Again I am trying my hardest to be an honest and fair person and commited to my site 1000% because I believe it is the best product on the market for price data.

This will most likely be my last post on this forum and if someone needs an image they know where to find me.

Regards and good luck with your collecting,

Bobby

Old 02-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

Sorry to hear about the personal life issues, hope it works out.
And really glad you were able to wake up with a clean take on the problem with Barak. No doubt your business will be fine if you manage to let go of the small stuff and maintain the dignity and calm required for any successful venture. Rep is everything, and being generous of spirit will win alot more customers than being a hard-ass.

Daniel

Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jcmtiger

Leon, when a thread reaches 300 posts does NET54 crash and you have to start over. Be careful here.
Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

Joe D- Agreed. As I pointed out before, there are some serious privacy considerations here. In my estimation, none were broken, however, we must all be careful when publishing personal information about others. This does not mean that somebody shouldn't be made to post their name, per Board rules. However, if they don't, it shouldn't be posted for them- they should be blocked. Likewise, other personal information, habits, etc. are protected. This is NOT a matter of "public concern," which would relax the standards.

Just don't want to see anyone get burned for any kneejerk reactions.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I should have been reading this stuff instead; definitely more entertaining.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Arcade

Okay, I think this has crossed the line. I'm now receiving "prank" phone calls referencing this thread. I consider this harassment. At this point, I am requesting that my last name be deleted where it appears, or outright requesting Leon deletes the entire thread. I don't plan to continue posting in this forum after the conclusion of this thread.

VCP was in breach of their Terms and Conditions when they posted my name to this forum. I've been forthcoming with all other information, by choice, and it should have been my choice to adhere to this forums rules. My identity was not anonymous to VCP/Bobby when I made the thread. I would hope the non-anonymity rule was meant for the purpose of accountability, rather then ammunition for antagonizing posts.

It's also a little strange and violating to think that by being a customer who chose to bring critical comments to this forum about one companies accounting practices (which I characterized as a probable error), this made members feel entitled to make background investigations, and justified the wild accusations both directly or implied in an attempt to defame me beyond the scope of message board jabs. It was clear many didn't want to see this thread on the board, yet they're the ones who continue to bump it to the top and fan the flames.

Leon, I'm incredibly sorry this has cluttered up your forum, and apologize if any negative attention has been drawn to your board as a result. I was naive and didn't anticipate this would spiral as it did. It would be best for all parties involved if you could honor my request above.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Getting prank calls as a result of this is ridiculous. I agree it has gone too far.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Barak:

Even though I was your chief protaganist I agree with Barry. And shame to any so-called adult from this board who may be responsible for the calls.

Steve Murray

Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

I agree that prank phone calls are ridiculous. I save editing posts for extreme circumstances but did edit Edacra's last name out of Bobby's post. Since I deleted a thread 4 mos ago, concerning Jay and I, I have vowed to try to never delete a thread again. That was a mistake but I did what I did..I might lock them but not delete them..As far as this goes I am not sure how much longer it needs to go but I am very slow to lock threads down too......I hope everyone just moves on. I think a refund is coming to the claimant and Bobby pretty much apologized for handling it the way it was handled...right or wrong. Also, I agree with Edacra that most likely I would have only made sure that Bobby knew his name as that was the party involved and as long as Bobby knew then no one else would have too. I think in the 2 years I have been moderating I have outed, maybe 1, person from being anonymous. Honestly I don't even remember that but there must have been one at some point. I take these things extremely seriously.....as most know....best regards

Old 02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator

and since it seems to be getting worse (prank calls?)

I would suggest we delete this thread.

Not lock it - delete it.

jmho.

edit to say: I posted at the same time as Leon... didn't realize the history of deleting threads.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: arcade

Leon, Thanks for the understanding.

Unfortunately, I believe my last name still appears in several other instances. (Ironically, the two posts that come to mind - Bill, and Rob D's - were well meaning and meant to be sympathetic).

I can't expect you to spend the time plucking them out, so I'll just put it out there that if a full deletion of this thread is the easiest way to do this (and perhaps, the fairest to all involved) it's fine by me.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This truly is a disturbing situation. People used to claim that others would not post here because they were afraid me. I'm a teddy bear compared to 3rd parties that find it neccessary to go and do background checks on people involved in situations that have nothing to do with them. These are the people that others should be scared of. Not me. Not Jim Crandall.

Maybe I need to post more often to keep the true lunatics at bay

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Jay- you might just be on to something

Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

Totally absurd, but not surprising.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

This thread has gone too far. I believe the two parties involved, in hindsight, wish they could go back and do things differently. But hey, that's life and nobody is perfect. We all learn from things we do. I just got back from work and saw the post that arcade is receiving prank calls. Last I knew, children in elementary school took to that kind of action. It is absurd that so called adults would take to this. It's not up to you to harass somebody. Instead of making prank calls, maybe you need to look in the mirror at yourself.

arcade-That was my fault on using your name in one of my posts. Though it wasn't meant in any way to call you out on anything, I shouldn't have reposted that in my post. If anything, I was arguing for you. In any event, I apologize for using your name in my post. I wish you well and good luck with getting this issue resolved.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Not having made any since I was a kid...I would think today pretty much any call could be traced...wondering did that not work?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

I probably wouldn't bother myself. I would take great comfort in knowing that they probably lead sad and empty lives.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CN

Unfortunately in the age of prepaid cell phones the calls might not be able to be traced but if immediately after recieving a prank call you can press *62 and the called will be traced. My local district attorney's office will not prosecute until 3 calls from the same number are traced but the phone company has a division which will help you identify the caller. Whoever is making prank phone calls should be ashamed and realize the immaturity of such an act. They should be man enough to apologize and never post here again. CN

Old 02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Arcade

Bill, I tried to send you an email, but it bounced back.... would you mind editing your post in case Leon is unable? Also, no worries, the intentions of your efforts were very clear, and appreciated. Thanks.

Edit:
SteveM, same request.

Edit again:

Actually, Leon - you missed the second time Bobby does it in the same post. Maybe just delete this sucker?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Leon, I think you should honor the request of edacra and delete this thread. I doubt you would get any objections from anyone.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

You would from me

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

It's really really good seeing you post again Jay. Hope you plan to keep it up.

J

Old 02-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Dan, the only objections would come from those who claim that the NYC Dinner Thread was worse than this one and required proof. Now that criminality has been injected into the thread, there can really be no such argument.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

As I have stated before I am not going to delete threads. It's just not good to do that, imho. I will reserve the right, if I ever need too, but it would be either a complete troll or ...well...I can't think of anything, but I don't want to say "never" . I think I have gone back and deleted all pertinent last names where they weren't deleted before while looking over all 279 posts (that su****). If I missed one someone can email me and let me know and I will take care of it. I hate locking threads but this one needs to go away. Anyone can email me if they have any issues or would like to chat about it. best regards (my email is still not perfect but I think I am getting all of them..)