NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Chris Counts

Default One day auctions with high minimum bids

There seems to be a proliferation of one-day auctions on eBay in the categories I often search under — and the same items get listed every single day. Since these items typically have a minimum bid that resembles a Buy-It-Now price, it's not really fair to call them auctions. Worse yet, they clog up my searches for Newly Listed items. Does anybody here use this strategy for listing items? It seems unreasonably aggressive, sort of like bumping your item every day on the Net45 BST forum.

It's a hassle, but I block certain sellers from each of my saved searches ...

Last edited by Chris Counts; 10-01-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

I completely agree with you Chris. I wish eBay would raise their listing fees and cut back on their % of sale total (although they will never do this - too much $$ to be made). So many wasted T206 listings of common players with $50-$100 opening bids. What's the point? Do any of these ever sell?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Brian Horne

Thanks for reminding me to bump my net54 for sale threads...

I haven't noticed many of these so I must be looking in different areas then you are. It actually sounds like a really good way to get more people looking at your posts. Most people either search the newly listed items or those about to end, these items could show up under both searches.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
There seems to be a proliferation of one-day auctions on eBay in the categories I often search under — and the same items get listed every single day. Since these items typically have a minimum bid that resembles a Buy-It-Now price, it's not really fair to call them auctions. Worse yet, they clog up my searches for Newly Listed items. Does anybody here use this strategy for listing items? It seems unreasonably aggressive, sort of like bumping your item every day on the Net45 BST forum.

It's a hassle, but I block certain sellers from each of my saved searches ...
I agree with all this and am having to block at least one seller that lists the same cards almost daily. This selling strategy may backfire in the long run because even if he if lists something for a reasonable price I won't see it or am so turned off I'll not buy.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Vin¢£nt J@m£s Mo®£tti

While I really don't like "auctions" with high starting bids, I would rather have sellers do it this way as opposed to shilling an auction with a lower starting bid.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by celoknob View Post
I agree with all this and am having to block at least one seller that lists the same cards almost daily. This selling strategy may backfire in the long run because even if he if lists something for a reasonable price I won't see it or am so turned off I'll not buy.
Agreed 100%