NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Rich Klein

Default BB HOF BB Card Room Redux

I received an email this morning from the BB HOF. Now that's this is truly official, I'm going to ask the same question I previously asked -- which is -- if you had a room like this, how would you set it up?

Here was a story I did on this while the process was sill semi-private (I had HOF permission to run the story so there was no violation of any confidentiality)

https://gogts.net/kleins-korner-buil...-hall-of-fame/

Remember: If you have any further comments about what you would like the final version to look like (or if you can assist); this is a great time to do this for the HOF which told some of earlier this year they have two things which are important to their visitors. 1) Abbott and Costello: Who's on First. 2) BB Card Room

Email Below:

I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the first two months of the baseball season!
“I’ll trade you this Nolan Ryan (1981 Topps) – and whatever else you want – for your Paul Molitor (1984 Topps) and Robin Yount (1987 Donruss) cards”…was perhaps just one of the many deals I would have made collecting cards in the late 1980’s at my childhood home just outside of Milwaukee.
The memories of the trades with friends, the thrill of the hunt while tearing into yet another pack, hours of organizing and sorting – have all been recaptured recently as we, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, prepare to open a new exhibit on baseball cards.
These simple treasures hold a special place in the hearts of fans, young and old. Beginning with the tobacco cards of the 1880’s, to cards used in games and in bike spokes during the 1950’s and 60’s, to the collecting boom of the 1980’s, baseball cards have provided generations of fans with a unique and personal connection to the Game we love and our favorite players.
That is why I am so excited that for the first time in the Museum’s history we will take a comprehensive look at the history of baseball cards, collecting and the connection generations of fans have had to these Shoebox Treasures.
Shoebox Treasures, the name of the new permanent exhibit, will showcase a significant number of cards from our collection of more than 140,000 cardboard gems – and will also include unique interactive features, highlighted by:
Cards from every era: the 1800’s to today;
“Holy Grail” cards like the Honus Wagner T206 card and the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle;
Vertical card drawers for card viewing and in-depth discovery;
And a make-your-own baseball card interactive.

We have already raised $675,000 of the $800,000 needed to design and build this new exhibit.
Now we are in the midst of a public campaign to “get us home” and make this exciting exhibit a reality.
Will you consider making a one-time gift to help us reach our goal?
You can donate at baseballhall.org/shoeboxtreasures to help ensure that Shoebox Treasures will open in 2019.
Your gift is greatly appreciated. It’s helping to preserve baseball history every day!
Yours in Baseball,

Jason F. Schiellack
Director of Development and Sponsorship
National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
25 Main St | Cooperstown, NY 13326
607.547.0230 (w) | jschiellack@baseballhall.org

Last edited by Rich Klein; 05-24-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:48 AM

Really cool.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:49 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Rich, on thing I might like which is clearly associated with the Hall of Fame bbcard room, but not directly tied to it is for each admission to receive a card when they come into the hall of fame and they can trade with any staff member without restriction as often as they like. To aid this, it might be good to have a set of cards issued that would include hall of famers and current players, but this should be easy to do as any number of companies would be willing to underwrite it. For it to be successful, it needs to be either players kids know or players they can easily learn about during their tour.

This would enhance the staff's interaction with visitors and make a positive experience for both.

This is based off the idea of Disney which allows you to trade your character pin for any that a staff member has. I think it would be a very cool new feature.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:53 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
Rich, on thing I might like which is clearly associated with the Hall of Fame bbcard room, but not directly tied to it is for each admission to receive a card when they come into the hall of fame and they can trade with any staff member without restriction as often as they like. To aid this, it might be good to have a set of cards issued that would include hall of famers and current players, but this should be easy to do as any number of companies would be willing to underwrite it. For it to be successful, it needs to be either players kids know or players they can easily learn about during their tour.

This would enhance the staff's interaction with visitors and make a positive experience for both.

This is based off the idea of Disney which allows you to trade your character pin for any that a staff member has. I think it would be a very cool new feature.
Just as an FYI -- and I don't keep up the way I used to -- I believe Panini has the HOF license and they can (and should) produce cards for this project.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
Really cool.
I agree. A good way to get more folks interested in our cards is never a bad thing. Kudos to the Hall for doing it.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I agree. A good way to get more folks interested in our cards is never a bad thing. Kudos to the Hall for doing it.
A great big +1!

Best wishes,

Larry