NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-25-2019, 04:19 PM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Default Toploader Binder(s)

Hi everyone. Has anybody used "toploader binders" for their '52-54 Topps sets? I came across their website recently under "toploader binders." They basically sell special binders and pages (6 to a page) that fit vintage toploaders so they can be stored in pages, vertically. For the 52-54 sets, it sounds like a great option if you don't want to view them horizontally in your binder in traditional vintage pages. Plus, the fact you can put them into toploaders and THEN into pages offers added protection. Just curious if anybody has used this and what they thought. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2019, 05:36 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I once thought this product would be the way to go. I purchased one for a 1969 Topps football set (263 cards). I do not like it. Once the cards are in, it just feels really large and wobbly, and there is no way to enclose it. I much prefer an Archival Methods binder and slip case combo with the cards in CardSaver 1s in 4 pocket pages. That's how my 1953 and 1954 Topps baseball sets are housed, and I much prefer it. You can stack them, and they are very sturdy. The Toploader binder takes up a lot of space.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2019, 06:51 PM
M.ichael Yaz.back

That's too bad, looked like a decent idea. I have also used the archival binder and slip case with 4 pocket sheets for my smaller sets. It's a great idea and looks really good! My only concern with putting my 54 Topps (250 cards) in 4 pocket sheets is I would need about 62 sheets in a big 3 ring binder. Just seems like a lot...
Old 02-25-2019, 07:47 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

I used these for my 54' and 55' Topps sets. I am in the process of rebuilding and had just brought this empty one back out. I didn't have any issues that were mentioned above, I love them. They are a little sloppy if you have all your sheets in, and only half the set just due to thickness because as you pointed out, they stay in a plastic holder set into slotted pages...but I'll say these work really well for me.

I will add that they won't hold a set as big as 56 Topps, just too many cards. Sorry I couldn't get the pictures the way I took them, they are sideways...lol.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03

Last edited by Harliduck; 02-25-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:15 AM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Wow, those actually look really good John. Were you able to get the 54 set in one binder? Do you remember if you used standard toploaders or Vintage top loaders? Just wondering what fits best. If I can fit the 54 set in one binder, I may try it.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:51 AM
Dan Be$$e++e

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I once thought this product would be the way to go. I purchased one for a 1969 Topps football set (263 cards). I do not like it. Once the cards are in, it just feels really large and wobbly, and there is no way to enclose it. I much prefer an Archival Methods binder and slip case combo with the cards in CardSaver 1s in 4 pocket pages. That's how my 1953 and 1954 Topps baseball sets are housed, and I much prefer it. You can stack them, and they are very sturdy. The Toploader binder takes up a lot of space.
I much prefer this. CS1's in 4 pocket pages. Less bulky too!
Old 02-28-2019, 07:43 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

54 set fit perfectly imho...and I used vintage top loaders...they fit best. Regular top loaders swim a bit. The sheets have a nice way of "locking" in with the vintage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVinnie View Post
Wow, those actually look really good John. Were you able to get the 54 set in one binder? Do you remember if you used standard toploaders or Vintage top loaders? Just wondering what fits best. If I can fit the 54 set in one binder, I may try it.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 03-01-2019, 08:56 AM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Thanks, John. Much appreciated!!