NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Default PSA GEM MINT 10 2010 T206 Strasburg bronze pop 1!!!

would anyone have ANY idea what this card is worth. I have this rare POP 1 card and have had numerous inquiries about purchasing the card. I'm relatively new to the whole high end graded sports card scene and have been unable to find any kind of idea as to what this card is worth. can anyone help me get some info on this or how i would go about finding out? thanks!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Banned

since it is a pop 1 there wouldnt be any previous info to go by. so it is worth what someone is willing to pay. its between the buyer and the seller.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by babmic57 View Post
would anyone have ANY idea what this card is worth. I have this rare POP 1 card and have had numerous inquiries about purchasing the card. I'm relatively new to the whole high end graded sports card scene and have been unable to find any kind of idea as to what this card is worth. can anyone help me get some info on this or how i would go about finding out? thanks!
IN the future please be careful where you post which questions you have. There are specific places for different things. This is the memorabilia section. There is an area for 1950s-1980s (and an occasional newer card). Private Message me if you need some help. Happy collecting.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM

thanks travis. i guess what i was looking for is like a guideline or something that people normally go by. I mean i see newer pop 1 stuff on ebay selling for like $1500 and up sometimes. I can't believe that this card is worth that. I mean isn't it highly likely that with the card being so new that there will be other 10's? like i said i'm not very up to date on how this whole thing works
Old 04-01-2012, 04:50 PM

thanks leon, sorry it won't happen again. i messed up. my apologies
Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
thanks leon, sorry it won't happen again. i messed up. my apologies
No Worries at all. And being polite earns big points in my book!! (even though sometimes I could use a refresher course myself)
Old 04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanks travis. i guess what i was looking for is like a guideline or something that people normally go by. I mean i see newer pop 1 stuff on ebay selling for like $1500 and up sometimes. I can't believe that this card is worth that. I mean isn't it highly likely that with the card being so new that there will be other 10's? like i said i'm not very up to date on how this whole thing works

it depends, just being a pop 1 of 1 doesnt mean it is in a certain dollar amount range. it depends on what it is, and the collector demand.

a month ago, a pop 1 of 1 jeremy lin signed card would go for thousands.

but a similar pop 1 of 1 of a benchwarmer for the washington wizards would be a lot cheaper.

since it is a 1 of 1, YOU get to set the price. i have the only known autograph of mexican heavyweight champion boxer manuel ramos. since one has never sold before I set the price, it is up to buyers to decide if what i am asking sounds good to them. if you are not sure, set the price high, and slowly come down or entertain "best offers" and see if some of the best offers all end up in the same ballpark.

Last edited by travrosty; 04-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
$cotty @.utin

You might get better feedback posting it in the Collectors Universe Forum. A lot more "newer stuff" collectors over there

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

set the price high, and slowly come down or entertain "best offers" and see if some of the best offers all end up in the same ballpark.

I agree

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-01-2012, 05:25 PM

hey guys thanks so much for the thoughts and feedback. please if anyone else has any suggestion/thoughts let me know.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Mike Navarro

Really depends on what makes it a Pop 1.

Is it a pop 1 because it's the only card produced of that exact design in that set, or is it a pop 1 because it happens to be the only one graded a 10 AT THE MOMENT?

If it's the latter, then in my opinion, you need to sell it as soon as possible in order to maximize your selling price. If it's the former, then you don't have any sense of urgency to move it if you own the only one.

If it's the latter, the pricing will depend on several factors:

1) Is their a strong Strasburg registry with deep pocketed collectors?
2) Is that set heavily collected on the registry?
3) Are Strasburg cards "hot" in general right now or did his injury last year curtail the excitement over his cards?
4) If more 10's pop, your value will drop exponentially

If it's the former, you might set a very high price, one that you believe is absurd, and heavily market it on the bulletin boards, if/when he ever has a milestone type game or wins a major award. Might not ever happen, but then again, a no hitter could happen at any time. A lot of pitchers of various talent levels have thrown them, so he might happen upon one himself. However, keep in mind that if he suffers an injury setback, or becomes a pedestrian pitcher like most do, then you might have missed the boat on when to sell it.

At the end of the day, who knows? That's one of the things that makes our hobby fun. If you are trying to sell something for maximum $$$, it's ALL about timing.

Good luck to you,

Mike

Last edited by thenavarro; 04-01-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned

Somwhere between $1K and $2K. Just check results on eBay for Strasburg 1/1 numbered cards. A recent superfractor sold for $1700, and a printing plate went unsold at $1100. They're all "1/1", so unless it's signed, or maybe has a game used material, it doesn't seem that the price would vary that much.

David
Old 04-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Bilko Glasier

$1 000 000 and some weed
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post

$1 000 000 and some weed