NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Richard Simon

Default OT- NY Sports Fans who subscribe to Time Warner and are being screwed

We are being royally screwed by Time Warner and MSG.
Two greedy corporations fighting over how to split up our money.
Go to their websites and complain.
Go to the NYS Attorney General's website and tell him to step into the negotiations and/or force these companies into binding arbitration.
http://www.ag.ny.gov/online_forms/email_ag.jsp
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Direct TV

On the phone with DirectTV as I am typing this. Goodbye to Time Warner.

Jeff
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Barry Sloate

At first I didn't care. I was joking to a friend that I was going to write a letter to Time Warner and tell them we don't care that you don't show the Knick games because they are boring and they stink.

Then Jeremy Lin came along. Now I am pissed, but I'm not at all sure whose fault it is. MSG is asking for a 50% increase in their fee so maybe TWC has a right to say no. Either way, nothing is more despicable than watching billionaires fight with each other over money. To hell with all of them.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
At first I didn't care. I was joking to a friend that I was going to write a letter to Time Warner and tell them we don't care that you don't show the Knick games because they are boring and they stink.

Then Jeremy Lin came along. Now I am pissed, but I'm not at all sure whose fault it is. MSG is asking for a 50% increase in their fee so maybe TWC has a right to say no. Either way, nothing is more despicable than watching billionaires fight with each other over money. To hell with all of them.
+1
To hell with all of them is right. But the Rangers have the best record in hockey.
Unfortunately, my bldg. does not allow a satellite dish on my roof so DirecTV is out and FIOS and RCN cannot install in my bldg., don't know why but they cannot.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-16-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Barry Sloate

I know the Rangers are sensational but I don't follow hockey. We were looking into FioS but my neighborhood doesn't have the right wiring for it, so it won't work. The next three Knicks games are on ESPN, WABC, and YES respectively, so I will be able to see a little Linsanity first hand.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 AM
qualitycards

Quote:
The next three Knicks games are on ESPN, WABC, and YES respectively, so I will be able to see a little Linsanity first hand.
Barry, make a trip to the Garden and see Lin firsthand
Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Barry Sloate

I haven't seen a Knicks game in person in 25 years. Do you know what they are asking for tickets? I won't pay it.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
I haven't seen a Knicks game in person in 25 years. Do you know what they are asking for tickets? I won't pay it.
Contact Sarno, he'll probably comp you.
His apt when I visited him 3 years ago was a block from the Garden
They probably knew him by his 1st name
Old 02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Installation scheduled between 12-4 tomorrow. Anybody want to travel 60 miles North? I will make the popcorn.

Jeff
Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Richard Simon

Lucky you, my management company won't allow dishes on the roof
--
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Steve Zarelli

I've been on DirectTV for about 15 years now. Love it. Better DVR boxes, better signal, better channels, better remotes and less $. I will never go back to Time Warner.

With DirectTV in the past 15 years, there has been ONE time we went through the "channel cancellation chicken" nonsense. Seems to be an annual event with TW.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Bobw

I also have Time Warner here in Brooklyn but I have been watching LinSanity streaming on the internet for free.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Richard Simon

Bob - can you share that URL?
--
Old 02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Bobw

Richard, I sent it to you in a PM
Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Richard Simon

Thanks very much, not a good night for the Rangers, but great to see the game on my computer.
Really appreciate it.
--
Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

NYC city council announces today they give msg/twx 2 weeks to resolve issues. Bloomberg will be involved shortly. You can bet you will lbe watching the blue and orange soon!!!!! LINTASTIC!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Richard Simon

My post and the city council must have put the fear of God into TW and MSG.
They just settled .
--
Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Barry Sloate

They settled? Wow, that's great news. Will tonight's game be on? (I was wrong about ESPN).
Old 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Richard Simon

I don't know about tonite's game.
--
Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Barry Sloate

Let's give Jeremy Lin a hearty thank you for forcing the two sides to settle. It was no longer economically feasible for them not to with such a hot property as Lin.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I hate to admit it, since I never buy into this type of hype. Especially hype coming from New York...But this Lin guy has been putting on a show. I don't know how long this will last, but I honestly like the guy, and wish him the best..
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Barry Blumenfeld

I HIGHLY recommend DirecTV. Once you have it you'll never go back. If your a tennis and/or golf fan you'll really dig the mix and multiple channels dedicated solely to the tennis slams and the golf majors which are FREE (ch. 701-707), not to mention the NFL Ticket and MLB Extra Innings and you'll get a superior picture imo.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default All Set

DirectTV is installed and I am sure it will take some getting used to. I am watching the Knicks as I type this. Goodbye TW (well not really because I kept my road runner for internet).

Jeff